5 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

And even then they are not barred completely - some abilities works in those areas on per ability basis - in particular they provided example of scavenging/recycling modules working in wvw as well.

What no, he said at beginning jade bots won't work in other places except Pve and story instance.  No features of jade bots will be used in wvw. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

2 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

Like gliding and mounts which were new and used outside expansion maps

Gliding wasn't available outside of HoT maps until months after the release of the expansion.

The way I understood the stream they were basically saying "we're keeping an eye out for what people do with the bots and adjust/expand them as we go".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

What no, he said at beginning jade bots won't work in other places except Pve and story instance.

Exactly. Which is everywhere, basically, namely the open world and story. 🙂

Again: no Jade Bots only on raids, fractals, PvP, and (most of its features) in WvW.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

That's the one thing that leaves you all disappointed about Jade Bots? What about their many other features?

I liked the personal wp feature. And others were just an enhancement, and the travel feature is like let line gliding. 

The free roam feature opened up a lot of new things, 

1. Say if the workshop is near a jp, we can just look around and plan on how we can move. 

2. Photoshoot

This is just my opinion, of course I'm not expecting a lot, this expansion is bringing loads of stuff. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

What no, he said at beginning jade bots won't work in other places except Pve and story instance.  No features of jade bots will be used in wvw. 

37:02

Rubi: "Recycler and scavenger protocol where are all of those available because this is one of those exceptions we talked about"

Ben: "Yeah..um..those actually work in WvW"

Edited by Sigmoid.7082
spelling
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

Rubi: "Recycler and scavenger protocol where are all of those available because this is one of those exceptions we talked about"

Ben: "Yeah..um..those actually work in WvW"

Yeah I mistook jade bots and jade bots feature as one, it's seems to be two different things, my bad. 

Edited by Blue D Phoenix.7260
Stupid autocorrect made bots as bits
  • Confused 6

13 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

Like gliding and mounts which were new and used outside expansion maps, I expected a feature in eod which can be used as an expansion to gameplay. Jade bots had me at that, but its feature was more of an enhancement, quite restricted outside cantha. I was really excited about the free roam feature.

"heavilly restricted" as in one particular feature you were very interested in, and one undetermined feature that is already restricted by charge mechanic, ok.

11 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

You weren't listening were you? he said explicitelly that they will work everywhere in open world for sure, but not in pvp, and instanced/wvw is on ability-per-ability basis. And then when they finished describing scavenger and recycle modules dude said that they saw no point for them to not be allowed in wvw "so these two work in wvw".

(Scavenger modules are basically chance for additional loot from corpses depending on which module you slot, recycler module converts "low quality trash items" you loot into a currency/material determined by module)

5 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

Oh cool, but why tho? Jade bots I can understand, we need workshop for it, did gliding had it too? 

Workshop is only needed for changing of "loadout" of the bot.

As for gliding it was at first advertised as HoT-only thing with argumentation that it may break core maps that were not designed with this in mind. Due to popular request, they went over core maps to "adjust" problematic spots.... and then took some additional months to patch out all the problematic places players found to have slipped past them 😉

EDIT: 

6 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

I liked the personal wp feature. And others were just an enhancement, and the travel feature is like let line gliding. 

I did not hear anything indicating that personal wp feature is going to be restricted to cantha alone...

Edited by Lord Trejgon.2809
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Seth.8906 said:

How recarge the jade bot outside EOD?

they said charges will only be needed for map interactions (i.e. "turrets and stuff") and charges will not persist through zoning, so not only you will have no need for charges outside of cantha (nor will you be able to bring the charges out of it)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi all, so glad you found today's show informative!

I've been reading the conversation here and wanted to pop in quickly to call out two things we did not mention on the show:

• The jade bot personal waypoint will persist until you use it or until you change maps
  • You will be able to have a jade bot workbench in your guild hall
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

I've been reading the conversation here and wanted to pop in quickly to call out two things we did not mention on the show:

• The jade bot personal waypoint will persist until you use it or until you change maps

What about the jade bot free roam bench thing, will it be in different places in cantha or same places like the workbench? 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Hellissane.3041 said:

The module slots seem totally wrong though. Why put Treasure hunter and extra loot mods in different slots, when extra loot and utility, like more mount speed, are in the same slot?
Loot and utility should be separated in different slots.

I like that there is an option to have twice loot, twice utility or a mix if you want.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Aww, the personal waypoint isn't a permanent thing?

I guess it would break older content if you could port there whenever you want... but it does make it a lot less cool.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

After watching the stream on jade bots, these are my thoughts:

Please!! Limit additional stats to vitality only!  In my opinion, the addition of electromagical pulse started us down a path this game never should have taken.  Let's just put the brakes on masteries providing vertical progression and possibly even consider backing out of that entirely by limiting EM pulse to IBS maps only or removing the CC effects and making it only useful for tagging.

I'm struggling to understand the purpose of the jade drone cam which is, as you repeatedly pointed out, extremely limited.  Very underwhelming.  Same with zip lines and jade batteries.

I like the skills that modify other masteries.  Speedboat skiffs and glider lifts seem like fun and useful features.  I'm also excited to gain 30% endurance regen on my mounts!  It's nothing game-changing like mounts and gliders, but this is more what I was looking for from jade bots.  The minor loot bonuses are fine, too.

Honestly, not as excited about this as I was before I heard the details.  It's a shame and I hope you'll expand the features in fun and interesting ways in the future.  I think there's potential here, but at this point it isn't hitting the mark for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

are the jade bot modules always in inventory cluttering space or do they bind to account like wardrobe? 

I worry about it being annoying having to change them constantly

The helicopter thing is a good photomode opprotunity if it has 1st person mode or even a zoom that doesn't make my character disappear when too close.

Skins and recolors would be nice ofc. I'll take a flying robo-Quaggan.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Artyport.2084 said:

If they dont get skins imma be mad!!!

I fear they may not be able to be skinned since the bots are mostly skill effects rather than actual objects.  Making them skinnable could mean making all skills skinnable ... which many have asked for repeatedly ... could it be?  No.  I feel they would have announced a skill reskin feature by now if they were giving us that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

are the jade bot modules always in inventory cluttering space or do they bind to account like wardrobe? 

I worry about it being annoying having to change them constantly

The helicopter thing is a good photomode opprotunity if it has 1st person mode or even a zoom that doesn't make my character disappear when too close.

Skins and recolors would be nice ofc. I'll take a flying robo-Quaggan.

It's shown how/where the modules work in the stream/video. 

3 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

1 minute ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It's shown how/where the modules work in the stream/video. 

In the video, we see Rubi's inventory filled with upgrades objects which, I assume, are going to be something you craft/acquire on a per-character basis. Further, you need to go to a work table to swap upgrades in or out despite the interface looking like a hero panel. Given what we saw, that sounds like a lot of clutter once you factor in how many different kinds of upgrades there are and how many different tiers there are for each upgrade.

I really hope there's a plan in place for easy management of this or else I'm just going to have scraps of upgrades all over the place as I struggle to play inventory wars.