New Playable Races

42 minutes ago, Caitmonster.9036 said:

Centaur. So when I get swiftness I can yell, "I can outrun a human!"

Nah, you would shout that anytime there is a human without swiftness within 900 range of you.

And Tengu.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 2

On 5/17/2022 at 12:08 AM, Michalis.6105 said:

While I doubt it will ever happen(nor am I saying it should) but I'm just curious which races would you like to see become playable and why

There have been plenty of threads on behalf of this topic. My favorites remain the same:

1. Dwarve
  2. Tengu (though, looking at the new models in EoD, I'm officially withdrawing that request😣)
  3. Kodan
  4. Centaur
Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

27 minutes ago, Zaxares.5419 said:

Tengu by a long shot, followed by Skritt, and then Naga. (I don't think there's been any fantasy RPG that's allowed you to play a snake-person. Various reptilian humanoids, yes, but none that actually have a snake lower body.)

Wellll ... in Horizons (now Istaria) you could play an actual dragon.  Start at hatchling, go through long quests to grow up to ancient.  And you got to buy lairs instead of housing plots.

In GW2, yeah, been discussed to death (along with the many technical and game design reasons why ANet probably won't/can't implement it).  But in this extremely hypothetical case, I like Tengu and Skritt the most for the RP potential.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Agreed.  No.

Also, topic has been discussed quite a lot.   Please use the forums search feature.

Sorry Kharmin, someone already suggested that race.  

7 hours ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

I would choose the forum search bar for new race. 🤔

• Haha 12
  • Confused 1

Elder Dragon that can shape shift into other races.

... oh wait we can just use tonics instead lol.

I do not see it happen. Would annoy people whose race did not get added and would mean more work to adapt the armor skins.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Agreed.  No.

Also, topic has been discussed quite a lot.   Please use the forums search feature.

sure it's been discussed but I see no reason why not to see what people have to say this time maybe someone thought of something recently and would like to speak their minds

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Dwarves, ogres, risen.

Idk why some people didnt like the idea xd risen race would be pretty dam cool, and its about time to steal something from wow:d 

Also why people are so agaisnt new races... "It would be too much work for them". So according to them its better just do nothing..? What is up with people giving anet excuses "if its hard to make, they shouldnt do it at all"... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I am quite sure battle tonics like kodan were released, cuz anet doesnt want to add new playable races. 

Id like to see seer, kodan (customisation is the key :), largos, djinn and forgotten (or at least krait). Seer/largos more than the others on a list tho.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

Also why people are so agaisnt new races... "It would be too much work for them". So according to them its better just do nothing..? What is up with people giving anet excuses "if its hard to make, they shouldnt do it at all"... 

That's not the reason or excuse.  It's more due to lore.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Skritt. Your character would be three skritt that do things in tandem. One holds the main hand weapon, one holds the offhand. Each one wears two different items of your six armor pieces.

There was another MMO that did this with one of their races.

Also, Krait. We’ve seen good versions off all the other “bad” races I can think of, except for Krait. I’d like to encounter some good Krait, and be able to play one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1