I asked for Taimi to die 4 years ago.

Aodlop.1907

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/32698-taimi-should-probably-die/

And she since has contracted a severe illness, which we were told would be fatal. I'm grateful, but that's not enough.

When you introduce a plot point, that plot point NEEDS to pay off eventually, or else it just leads to frustration for the playerbase, like it did with Malyck for example.

Taimi has been sick for way too long by now.

So yeah, it's time. Kill Taimi please, preferably in the next LW episode. 

Edited by Aodlop.1907
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 27
  • Sad 9

She will probably magically fuse with the last Dragon when she dies and thus live on forever, in a way.  I would be surprised if they would not cushion the blow of her death  in some way. Or give it some sort of extra meaning. They couldn't let Aurene die, they are not going to just let Taimi go with a puff of smoke. 

I do not see them do a repeat of the Eir Stegalkin funeral wake, even though that was pretty cool (and brave from Anet). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Westenev.5289 said:

I always thought that her character arc would end in her becoming a golem (kinda like Blish).

Still though, the gw2 community is bloodthirsty. "Kill x character I hate" seems to be a popular idea. xD

Not sure if it's about a character they hate, but rather a long, dragged out theme that they want to be over with.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Do you like GW2?

I do, just like I enjoy WoW, but all my WoW threads are complaint threads.

If I want to make a "I enjoy that!" fluff thread, I'll do it on Reddit for some free karma. On the forums however, my only purpose is to point out shortcomings so that fixes may be found. You can say I work for the greater good. I'm pretty amazing, come to think of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 2

Not all diseases progress quickly. Taimi's condition seems a lot like motor neurone disease, which is what Stephen Hawking had. He lived for decades after being diagnosed, as do some other people with similar conditions. Taimi has been trying different treatments which might have increased her life expectancy, either for the symptoms (like the jade tech leg braces she got in EoD) or for the condition itself like using modified chak fluid to stabalise it.

I know some people think calling for a character to be killed off is a quick fix for anyone they don't like, or simply a way to make a story "darker" but I think it can actually be more effective story telling (and in this case entirely realistic) for a problem like a chronic illness to be something she has to live with. Also if every character a player didn't like and wanted gone was killed off there would be no one left, including the commander.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

I'd prefer to see her find a way to stabilize and manage her illness then take a back seat i

No. They've been hinting at her demise for too long for her to survive.

If she does recover, then I'll feel like we're in a Marvel movie or a DBZ episode, where people don't actually die as long as they're a main character.  

This is bad. She NEEDS to die. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

No. They've been hinting at her demise for too long for her to survive.

If she does recover, then I'll feel like we're in a Marvel movie or a DBZ episode, where people don't actually die as long as they're a main character.  

This is bad. She NEEDS to die. 

Dark and edgy.  Clearly the DC universe.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Narratively speaking, she should die.

We keep getting red herrings in the writing about how urgent her situation is with her talking about having a terminal condition, how it's come out of remission, how she's running out of time, how things are getting worse and she's in pain all the time but doesn't want to worry the guild, etc., yet nothing has actually happened as a result.

You can't keep plucking strings like that and still expect people to be invested, especially when you go to Cantha and in 5 minutes her condition improves because Joon made her some Jade Pants that relieve all her symptoms. That's insulting not only from a writing standpoint, but to any player who may have a similar condition who gets to watch it be milked and trivialized over and over.

Her condition is either urgent or it isn't, and ArenaNet really should have figured out which one by now.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1