Firebrands always getting the blame when squad gets wiped in WvW.

PrinceValentine.9320

It's very seldom that I hear people saying "Great job, FB". What I always here is "Do you feel any stability? Firebrands, focus on your stabs". Classes who get complimented the most are spellbreakers and scrappers and you will always hear stuff like "Awesome bubble, awesome heal".  This is one of the reasons why I seldom play on my Firebrand these days. It just feels so unrewarding and we often get the blame when the squad dies. How do you think can Anet fix this issue?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Firebrands spam stability and aegis on rotation, usually before the big crunch.

Scrapper heal and Warrior bubble are used at critical moments that literally turn the tide of a close fight.

If you want that "praise" then play scrapper or warrior?

What else would you expect anet to add to firebrands(the top meta class in all wvw groups) to make you happy?

Do you want them to add heal cleanse and boon strips to your stability skills?

Do you want 2x the rewards?

Do you want them to shower you in gold?

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, PrinceValentine.9320 said:

It's very seldom that I hear people saying "Great job, FB". What I always here is "Do you feel any stability? Firebrands, focus on your stabs". Classes who get complimented the most are spellbreakers and scrappers and you will always hear stuff like "Awesome bubble, awesome heal".  This is one of the reasons why I seldom play on my Firebrand these days. It just feels so unrewarding and we often get the blame when the squad dies. How do you think can Anet fix this issue?

Turn that frown upside down. Picture it this way. A FB enters EBG and as soon as tag sees them they get a squad invite, similar to you can test this if you enter with a Scourge. Where as try entering it with a Ranger. Don't worry, tag won't see you. So they are thanking you up front with their squad invites. 

• Like 2

a good FB simply can keep up his group decisivly longer than a bad one. also, horrible idea that anet nerfs FB elite mantra

but its also partly the scrappers job... if that one sleeps, u also explode like a potatoe, as FB has not good cleanse. if ur f2 gets cancelled, ur dead and ur whole party as good as dead as well...

also, like where is the cc spam nerf? up every cc skill cd by +1min finally. its spamming is horrible still, yet we nerf the main stability provider, yikes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Poor poor firebrands always running on top of a commander getting 2000 lootbags an hour, how dare they suffer not getting any praise.

Now excuse me because I have to leave the bay that I've defended for the past 2h against constant attacks, the commander just told me to gtfo of the border so they can have scrims on the central island.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Firebrands spam stability and aegis on rotation, usually before the big crunch.

Scrapper heal and Warrior bubble are used at critical moments that literally turn the tide of a close fight.

If you want that "praise" then play scrapper or warrior?

What else would you expect anet to add to firebrands(the top meta class in all wvw groups) to make you happy?

Do you want them to add heal cleanse and boon strips to your stability skills?

Do you want 2x the rewards?

Do you want them to shower you in gold?

🤷‍♂️

Well..  I mean, Yeah.  Of course!  😉😏

The key isn't to spam your elite mantra, its to use the first charge at an oppertune moment than leave the second charge as a stunbreak for emergencies. Firebrands don't get praised very often because they tend to just spam all their skills while sitting on top of the tag, not using them in a clutch.

Play a Warrior and try to place a good bubble without dying and you'll understand.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508

5 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Poor poor firebrands always running on top of a commander getting 2000 lootbags an hour, how dare they suffer not getting any praise.

Now excuse me because I have to leave the bay that I've defended for the past 2h against constant attacks, the commander just told me to gtfo of the border so they can have scrims on the central island.

they also didn't let u out of jan 2020 right? firebrand and scrapper as support only get a minimal share of lootbags. only scourge and dh and the rather 2ndary used revs got the big part of the bag-cake

firebrand often has to bunker support skills and doesn't dish out much dmg. ofc, if ur confident that the fight will be a W key onepush, u can go f1 and get a bit of burning on, but if not, idk how your FB would do dmg lol. or okay, the meme axe FB does a tiny bit more dmg, but so far off anything serious.

only, obviously, the lead gets more bags bc beeing the first to engage and generally ahead of the whole squad by at least 400 range makes them tag every target

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

Also full support scrappers and tempests are quite often women, thats why simps throw compliments at them. Since when do men tell each other they give each other good support? You do your job, I do mine, no need for that fakenice stuff.

Wait so when commanders constantly cry for more firebrands, it actually mean they just want to party with more men?

On 9/27/2022 at 9:13 PM, PrinceValentine.9320 said:

Classes who get complimented the most are spellbreakers and scrappers and you will always hear stuff like "Awesome bubble, awesome heal".

Sounds like support is getting complimented here.

On 9/27/2022 at 9:22 PM, LuRkEr.9462 said:

Tis the life of a support

So...wanna rephrase that?

@ riba

only half of the truth tho... like ye, lots of ppl int and blame their supports, even sometimes good players if they are not focused, but there isn't a lot of good commanders left in this game. and a bad coms basically kill their squads alone by beeing slow and passive.

surely tho, all the casual players tend to just be way too much ahead of the tag and die for that, everytime. or playing some random build. like u just wont have much aegis or stab if u get some clown on a dps firebrand, or one that runs random builds like signets (other than bannersignet)

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

surely tho, all the casual players tend to just be way too much ahead of the tag and die for that, everytime. or playing some random build.

Interesting comment considering your forum name lol.

--- 

On topic, it really depends on which server you're on and which commander you have. I mean in all the MMOs I've played the healer gets blamed automatically. It's a meme by now. And I played a lot of healers. 

I mean the reality is that when the dps mess up, everybody dies. When the tank messes up everybody dies and when the healer messes up everybody dies. So it's all equal in the end, except there are more dps in most games. 😉

It's a thankless job to play support sometimes and you get the blame a lot, but it's just a part of the deal. I wouldn't take it personally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the main issues of this problem is:

Supports are not there to save you from a full bomb. They are there to make you be able to avoiding that full bomb as best they can (stab, stun break, super speed, cleanse, resistance, etc.). If you face first into the burst of a 50 man blob, you are dead, period.

Unfortunately as many have pointed out by now: many players don't understand that basic principle. They assume that once they died, and the support is still alive, that the support failed. Sorry dear dps, there is only so much your supports can (or can't) do.

I've seen players complain that they died after standing in the enemies reactionary bomb AFTER ones own stealth engage. Literally turning into rally-bots for the enemies downed losing the fight after a successful first spike/engage.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

Also full support scrappers and tempests are quite often women, thats why simps throw compliments at them. Since when do men tell each other they give each other good support? You do your job, I do mine, no need for that fakenice stuff.

Is that your scientific polling results?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

I'd like to see the academic research into that, please?

Oh. Wait. It's an "In my experience" thing. I'll counter that with I only know one female actually preferring to play support tempest, they are all boys and men crying about how tempest is the better support than scrapper. In theory. On paper. Doing number games. But not actually managing to prove it by performance.

Or wasn't that what we were doing?

(P.S.: Before anyone goes there: What a good scrapper or a good tempest can do is not what every scrapper or tempest out there actually does.)

Edited by One more for the road.8950