Hoo boy, i both like and worry mainly because with outfit for both gender, they are opening the request flood gate and swimsuit request are still floating around

But i like it for giggle and somewhat fitting the world

But i'm worry they will go overboard but they might already have, who know?

I still like it though

Edit: no wait they already have *glance at chunky kitty skin"

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Seems like many players like the Maid Outfit. Earlier there was a party of french maids dancing away in Divinity Reach. Many are having fun.

So I have to ask, Swimsuit Outfit when ANet? We would like to have a swimwear party dance in Sandswept Isles too. And I can guarantee that it will be a super big wet party. At least 10 times bigger than the one in DR.

Edited by MintyMin.2718
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I would have preferred a toy (with emotes) to the emote itself.

It would allow us to wander to others and offer tea. Could even be made into an interactive experience with viral tea drinking emotes.

Some example emotes:

1. Prepare Tea
  2. Offer Tea (if other player accepts, emote 3)
  3. Serve Tea
  4. Serve Self
  5. End Service

The viral part being the player being served would gain access to the Tea Cup emotes, allowing them to do various sipping, much like the Teatime Chair. This would be non wandering unless the player has the Tea Cup toy. Some examples could include:

1. Quick Sip
  2. Slow Sip
  3. Empty Cup (pour out, disables sipping)
  4. Ask For More (if served) or Make A New Cup (pull out a hidden pot of water, pour and add a tea bag, cup steams)
  5. Remove Tea Bag
  6. Put Cup Away (does 3, then stows the cup)

Just some quick thoughts anyway. Make of them what you will. 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SamuelW.2685 said:

Or are there people who genuinely want their dudes to wear a maid outfit? Not like even a androgynous looking dude that JUST EVER SO SLIGHTLY M I G H T  work with a maid outfit, but just some beefy af Charr or Norn?

There are. I feel like I saw more male Hrothgar and Roegadyn wearing the FF14 version than I did female characters.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

If someone likes the outfit or not is surely a matter of personal taste. What I personally don't understand- one can gift the outfit, one can gift the emote, but it's not possible to gift the package (which is by far the best deal) to another player. Really disappointing.

• Like 3

I find the butler outfit disappointing, too. The maid outfit looks very much like a french maid. The extra tracery on the butler outfit, though, makes it look like this weird hybrid between butler and other "fancy" GW2 outfits. ArenaNet designers really have an aversion to simplicity.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if the servants in some of the human story instances (and Party Politics) will use these outfits. Right now they're wearing the same town clothing as NPCs in other parts of Divinity's Reach (both the common clothing outfit and ones not available to players), but I think it would make sense for them to be in uniform now there is one.

• Like 4

I've seen some really nice use of the butler outfit.  The dyes make it look more like a great suit as opposed to servant.  Distinguished charr with jade backpack wings last night that I really liked the use of the outfit with.  So it's not all saucy maids or men with feather dusters.  

I love that either outfit can be used on any gender.  Especially playing a charr, most dresses look awful.  

• Like 4

It would be even better if there was also an apronless version of the maid outfit as the shirt and skirt are otherwise really close to a certain fashion style. Kitty's currently kinda circumventing it by using just Shadow Abyss on all channels which mostly hides the apron to be only visible from front but having totally apronless version would allow changing colors of top, skirt and shoes more freely.

• Like 1

Awful. I never regreted wasting money on an outfit so fast.

I was expecting some kind of censorship sure, but I expected something like the Witch Outfit. Instead, they added this kind of bodysuit to remplace the whole hip that don't even match the legs creating this hideous crippling.

as a digital artist, I know any serious company would have returned this to me with a big GFY but of course, this company seem to have no quality control at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8