[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Have you considered that your screen may be too bright? A plain white screen shouldn't be uncomfortable to look at. Too much of any one colour can be distracting when you're trying to focus on certain things, but the whole screen being one colour shouldn't be difficult or painful to look at even if it's white.

There's a lot of guides online to getting screen brightness right but the simple option is to play around with the settings on the monitor itself (the buttons are normally on the bottom) and your OS or graphics cards settings.

A few years ago I bought a 'gaming' monitor and when I first turned it on it was hurting my eyes, it was like trying to look at a lamp. I ended up turning the screen brightness down to about 10% (it was on 100% by default) and then tweaking other settings like contrast and colour balance so it looks good and I can see everything clearly but it's never uncomfortable to look at even with a white screen.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, KThallus.7402 said:

Please Mod the login screen.  I am talking about before the character selection screen is available I am met with a pure white screen that blinds me each day.  Could you please look at the possibilty of modifying that to something else besides white.

Agreed. I've always wondered why other games manage to load into Windowed Fullscreen mode with a black launching screen while GW2's is plain white.

For the EoD Living Story content, I request that we get new Core Weapons for classes the add to the number of core weapons for all classes.

Off Hand Mace for Engineer.

Offhand Sword for Necromancer

Rifle for Elementalist

Main Hand Pistol for Warrior

Shortbow for Mesmer

Off Hand Focus for Thief

Mainhand Scepter for Revenant

Off Hand Warhorn for Guardian

Main Hand Pistol for Ranger

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

That shocked emote that your character plays in the Living Story episode where you're stealthily infiltrating the Dominion?
The flex emote that charr occasionally uses in The Forge in Thunderhead keep?
Don't think those went unnoticed. I want 'em. Both of 'em. Reward tracks or achievement collections, either is fine.
Dassit ~ ♥

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Reward tracks or achievement collections, either is fine.

"Either is fine" and "or" are not applicable here.

If they add new emotes as rewards, they need to be available via both options.

Edited by Fueki.4753

Could we get a new achievement filter to hide completed categories from the page? So for example in my screenshot if that filter was available and active, I wouldn't even see the "Return to Flashpoint" category at all.

https://imgur.com/a/SKmndkb

I just think it would be nice to more quickly be able to see which categories you might have already completed in their entirety with a quick glance at the panel. Or I guess more accurately is to be able to quickly see which categories you haven't finished yet, instead of seeing categories you've finished. Especially in the "Story Journal" and "Side stories" meta categories, which both have dozens of sub categories each.

I know I'd appreciate this, hopefully other players would find it useful too, and as a filter it would be completely optional for everyone to use/not use it as they want to

I need a Tome to hold all the portal tomes and way point gadget thingy so that I can save spaces in my shared inventory slots. Shared inventory slots are limited, it isn't like I can expand it and having that many tomes occupying the shared slots, with EoD coming, I fear, I will be encumbered by tomes.

This thread is not just about tome, it is also about all the gobblers and converters, can we also have a tome for all the gobblers so that they are not taking up precious space in a player's limited bag/bank space.

that is all.
Thank you.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I agree, this would be really useful. I don't have much trouble storing tomes at the moment, but that's because I haven't got most of them and I don't get them specifically because I don't want to have to store them.

If there was some sort of shared portal storage so they don't take up as much space I'd be more likely to get more of them.

• Like 2

Just tossing in some more QoL suggestions.

• I would love to see some changes and improvements to LFG, even something small like moving it out from contacts and having some kind of visible indicator that you're looking for more people, Like this or maybe even have it at the party/squad icon. The current state of LFG isn't too bright, people rarely use it for most of it's categories, unfortunately.

• You might have noticed I also added an indicator when someone added you as friend. I have literally no clue as to who everyone in my followers list is and having something like that and/or even a message that someone added you would be amazing. It's a social game but unless people tell me they add me I might not even notice that they do before I forget who they are.

Just a random thought I had while playing the game.

We all have a main Some people play some classes more than other. I enjoy engineer more than any other class for instance, which is reflected in the amount of time spent doing activities with the character. So I was watching my exp bar filling up then getting reset and so on and started thinking if there was a way not to "waste" that exp. And that's where I thought about something totally useless that will not change anything but would make my character look more unique . And that is unique title.

As far as I know, title in this game requires you to do X thing and then you get that title you can show on every character. What I suggest is basically turn the exp your character earned into a title. Like I dont know, after earning 10 million of exp (in any PVE mode) you unlock a title called "It's just the beginning" but only the character who did the achievement can use it. Again this is not like a big thing this game needs or anything like that, I guess it's just a way to show that you're more invested into one character or another.

But I would be quite um......dumbfounded if people would actually use these unique title as a way to discriminate other which is the only real drawback it can bring to the game, especially when it is just a matter of time investement.

• Confused 1

I'm not sure it's possible for titles to be character specific in this game, but maybe they could do different ones for different professions, since that's the main difference between characters. So you'd get a title like "master engineer" after getting X amount of XP playing as an engineer.

There's a PvP version of that already where you get different titles for winning 150 matches as each profession, but a PvE version (with different titles of course) could be fun too.

• Like 2

since strikes are being pushed heavily next expansion, i think it's about time anet added an official dps meter to the game so that players can train their rotations without having to rely on third party mod makers. it's clear that anet is ok with dps meters/won't do anything about them so why not just make it a part of the client instead.

Edited by fixit.7189
  • Like 1

I find the bank lowkey cringe im used to the show no bags option for inventory if the bank could be set up the same would make sorting it much easier.

Also ive found joining guilds a chalange if you dont get a chance to ask. having an in game guild tag search would be great. I never had anyluck with the guild look up when i had free slots.

• Confused 1

I've been messing around with the Dynamic HUD options section of the General Options menu. It has some neat ideas, but I can't use many of them as a WvW player. I need to always see my energy bar and ability cooldowns, even while out of combat. Parts of the UI that shouldn't be attached to each other are.

My suggestions:

1. Separate the health and energy meter from the Skill Bar HUD settings.
  2. Separate the EXP bar from the Skill Bar HUD settings.
  3. Separate the mount and novelty skills from the Skill Bar HUD settings.
  4. Add more to the drop down menus of the HUD options for the following. If something is changing within the HUD, such as an ability being on cooldown or energy regenerating, these options would force the HUD to show.
    • • Show Only out of Combat, unless updating.
    • • Show Only in Combat, unless updating.
    • • Never Show, unless updating.
Edited by Quench.7091
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1