New map for last episode?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we ran out of DRMs (all seen by the greyed out mastery points, as early as Chapter 1).
A new map (if good) would help to raise the bar of the Champions chapters, which so far they've been quite poor. It would also serve as a filler between the end of IBS and EoD.Do you think is it likely to happen?

We'll see in ~2.5 weeks (27th). If they do, I already see people saying "Bad move Anet, you wasted resources on a new map instead of putting everything into EoD". Nonetheless I would like a new map for Chapter 4, maybe a half fire/half ice map to symbolize Jormag vs Primordus final battleground, something similar to Punk Hazard from One Piece, but 99% it won't happen.

@"Raizel.1839" said:We'll see in ~2.5 weeks (27th). If they do, I already see people saying "Bad move Anet, you wasted resources on a new map instead of putting everything into EoD."

No, the playerbase would react far more negatively to no map for IBS' finale than to some resources temporarily diverted from EoD. What few people that might bitch about the latter will be negligible.

With how IBS has been going, I'm tempering my expectations. A lot. Theoretically 5 months with no new maps or other assets (and something like <6 hours of gameplay) should mean that there was plenty of time for the IBS team to work on a final map with people working on EoD doing a few hours here or there as needed (which wouldn't noticeably impact EoD), but I'm kind of expecting it to be an instance because that would be the cherry on the disappointing sundae that was the second half of IBS.

By all accounts it would be a smart move to make the finale big and repeatable to hype up EoD while providing non-DRM content, but that's why I'm not sure it will happen.

The last LS map added was July 2020, 10 months ago, so one is definitely due. The way things have gone I wouldn't be surprised if the entire finale was a text message from Bramham.

"lol fought Ryland and won, sorry Rytlock :# lol BTW Primo and Jojo both defeated too B) "

Then probably four to six months of repeated festival and boring World Boss/Fractal/whatever Bonus Events until the expansion. Probably a similar drought after EoD launches until the LS starts up again.

At the moment, it looks like it is going to be a draw. Like those action movies, where everyone in the room aims two guns at the other one. We victoriously flee for our lives on all fours and promise Braham & Ryland to return asap with a solution - we will be back SOON . Then we get a trailer for EoD, launching summer 2024. IBS: Champions is just one single Episode of LW5, just cut in too many pieces.

That said, I doubt we get anything else than a new story-instance. I would really like to see a new map, but my hopes are not very high for this. In addition, there are no hints about further DRMs yet. So I have a bad feeling about that content as well.

In the end, we can only wait and hope. As usual, I hope I am wrong.

@"Raizel.1839" said:We'll see in ~2.5 weeks (27th). If they do, I already see people saying "Bad move Anet, you wasted resources on a new map instead of putting everything into EoD". Nonetheless I would like a new map for Chapter 4, maybe a half fire/half ice map to symbolize Jormag vs Primordus final battleground, something similar to Punk Hazard from One Piece, but 99% it won't happen.

anet shouldnt be drive by early rushers mindset, they could do the same with even expansion itself, because need "divert resources" to a "new hype thing".

@"Pifil.5193" said:The last LS map added was July 2020, 10 months ago, so one is definitely due. The way things have gone I wouldn't be surprised if the entire finale was a text message from Bramham.

"lol fought Ryland and won, sorry Rytlock :# lol BTW Primo and Jojo both defeated too B) "

Then probably four to six months of repeated festival and boring World Boss/Fractal/whatever Bonus Events until the expansion. Probably a similar drought after EoD launches until the LS starts up again.

PoF was released 2 or 3 months after a Living World patch, and 2 months after PoF's release there was a new Living World patch again. Contrary to the content drought before and after HoT. They got a lot of negative feedback on that, so they fixed it with PoF. There was also far less time between the PoF announcement and it's actual release as compared to HoT. So unless they forgot all about that I do not believe ANet will subject to another similar content drought.

New map hmm.. I dunno.Maybe not a new explorable one but I do expect we will be going outside of the Eye in this final release.. likely in instanced content but also possibly a new open world map, but im not going to put money on that.

Jormag will probably attack the Eye in the final patch, least that's my expectation.. forcing Aurine to stop sitting on her claws and get involved directly.I expect it will be a 2 way fight at first but Primordus and Braham will involve themselves at some point.

The question is whether Braham will be able to direct Primordus against Jormag or whether Primordus will just attack everything in sight as he's more than likely to do thus turning the fight into a 3 way clusterkitten where we try to fight off two Elder Dragons and try to capture or immobilize Braham in the process.Or this mess will force us to put differences aside for the moment and team up with Jormag to stop Primordus's rampage.

If I were a betting man i'd probably go with the 3 way clusterkitten and Braham not being able to control Primordus.I don't think we'll team up with Jormag at this point but I won't rule it out entirely.

How it ends though..I expect IBS ends with Jormag dead, Aurine wounded, Braham either captured or completely corrupted and Primordus ultimately winning the battle and "hopefully" going nuclear and devastating the entire area around the Eye.. turning a section of the frozen north into a burning wasteland before retreating back into the depths and probably heading to south "cause reasons" to eventually set up End of Dragons in Cantha.

I would hope for a new map for the finale. Assuming there is a new map, I would expect either the area outside the EoTN or the Dominion of Winds.

EoTN: More likely scenario, as Aurene is already there, Jormag has connections to it through Bangar, and the Central Transfer Chamber is relatively close by so Primordus has some kind of access to the area. It would also line up close to the final battle seen in the trailer against Jormag. As others have mentioned, I also do expect a three way battle to ensue between the Commander + Aurene, Jormag, and Primordus, which could be similar to that GW1 mission where centaurs charge the EoTN, but in this case it would be Icebrood and Destroyers, followed by Aurene, Jormag, and Primordus themselves engaging. I think some kind of stalemate/negotiation will be reached between the three parties, but ultimately Braham will lose control, and Primordus kills Jormag, with their magic being split between Primordus and Aurene, leading us to Cantha to search for a solution.

Dominion of Winds: Both elder dragons have been shown to be interested in getting in, possibly indicating there is some large hub of magic inside. The primary function would be a similar three way battle as described above, but It would also serve as a good formal introduction to the Tengu for EoD and would lead nicely into the expac. However, if Tengu are planned as a playable race in EoD, I would expect the Dominion to be reserved for the expac as a starting area.

I wish for Dominion of Winds. A final battle there grants us the favor of the Tengu. And they could open a way down to Cantha. (by diffeent means) I hope for the Dredge network and/or Dwarf tunnels in the deep after we defeat/silence Primordus.Poormany up bring it to the point! This would be a perfect introduction for End of Dragons.

Hoping for a new map is like hoping for alliances or legendary armory to come out at the end of month. They probably should have been released months ago, and they did wont be released at the end of this month. Count on 1 maybe if were lucky 2 story instances that you probably do once for the story and maybe again for any achievements you missed.

Ice Cliff Chasms would actually be the perfect location for a few reasons:1.) The dwarves were active in the area as a result of Primordus activity with an asura gate.2.) Norn territory.3.) Jormag has influences in the territory.4.) Charr are familiar with the region.5.) The Hall of Monuments is there.

If either Primordus or Jormag die, the zone could lose out on something big. A clash of fire and ice at that location, alongside dwarves and charr influences, would be something to behold. If Jormag is defeated, the Frost Legion is defeated and the norn lose their enemy. If Primordus is defeated, the norn spirits are defeated and the dwarves lose their enemy. Both Jormag and Primordus being alive and active in the zone would really bring the heat.

That said, I have my doubts on there being a new map.

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow it's trailer release day, so we'll see.
I wish for a new map as well but I think we'll only get more DRMs...

@Raizel.1839 said:maybe a half fire/half ice map to symbolize Jormag vs Primordus final battleground, something similar to Punk Hazard from One Piece

As a OP fan, I'd love a map like that! :o

@Susy.7529 said:Tomorrow it's trailer release day, so we'll see.

I wish for a new map as well but I think we'll only get more DRMs...

@Raizel.1839 said:maybe a half fire/half ice map to symbolize Jormag vs Primordus final battleground, something similar to Punk Hazard from One Piece

As a OP fan, I'd love a map like that! :oPretty sure DRMs are done at 10. So they need to have something bigger to bring to the finale. Map would fit in with this. Would be a major downgrade from S4 map with Kralk to having nothing for primordous and jormag. People would not be happy if no new map with a big finale meta.