I never been that much filled with sadness, anger, and disappointment as with the last chapter release. [Spoilers, any gw2 plot/story]

hugo.4705

Dear Anet, NcSoft, Players or Friends

I don’t see myself starting this with a pure rant or just throwing things away, it would be wrong. I will start with my story to end with what I disliked.

I discovered Guild Wars 2 during 2013 thanks to my big brother that used to play Guild Wars 1. He told me one day: You like dragons and fantasy background, right? I told him, of course, but I expect the dragons to be different than the common belief. He answered, the dragons are related to different elements, there is one of Ice, one about storms and purple crystals, a zombie one even one about fire. He continued by telling me that the UI and mechanics were easy to understand.

In 2013, I started my journey, creating a human engineer. I had a lot of fun, and I levelled up, doing the different quests, discovering the very cool ambient dialogues around, and the race I would be in love with later: Asura. I followed the vigils, and Almorra were a great figure to me, I enjoyed so much fighting along Forgal. The next step was exploring Lion’s arch. The original lion’s arch. The corsair city I paid for. I liked so much the architecture, and then Scarlet arrived. I enjoyed Ls1, the story was maybe strangely put together, but all the big events; the attack on lion’s arch, the watchwork knights, the miasma, the invasions, the Breachmaker or the Marionette… those were big events that will stay in memory, I only regret that at this moment I was in exams and missed a lot of the achievements.

Then, the arch was rebuilt, and it was the first big mistake made by the game, should I continue playing it? Not rebuilding the arch the way it was. The design I paid the game to see, to experience, a real corsair city. But no, it was then transformed in a horrible giant aquarium, where each sea animal sculpture is an insult to the old city. I started wondering, will mistakes happens again? The next story mission was the battle of claw island, and I saw forgal going back into the fort, walking toward the risens. And I was like, what? Who the skritt who thought it was a good idea doing that? I told myself, don’t bother, it is a common thing, even in movie, someone sacrifice itself to save everyone, hope to not see that again.

I liked zhaithan story and the different dungeons , and it is a pain to see that they became forgotten.

I fought the first dragon, Zhaithan. I was fascinated by the buildup, I liked the tricks of a risen Mesmer pushing me to kill my allies, going in an underwater ruin to seek a powerful risen; leading charr tanks column through a desolated place… Jumping In a golem suit from an airship, going into a ruined city, and using a megalaser to cripple the undead dragon. When I think of those missions, it always put a smile on my face.

I never experienced again good content like dungeons. The crucible of eternity, twilight arbor aether path, honor of the waves, caudecus manor; you feel like eveything was funded into them:

1. A quality environments, heavy use of RELEVANT 3d models. Very detailed, you feel like each has a puropose.
  2. The quality of the story. It is heavy on dialogue, you can speak at any time to your "guide" npc doing the path about anything. That NPC act coherently most of the time.
  3. The gorgeous ambient dialogue. I am sorry but the "The cafeteria is now closed" or "Lockdown protocol in effect" for a second later "Reactor meltdown in progress" always made me chuckles.
  4. The originality behind the paths. It has to been thought, to make a path about a svanir, another one about icebrood kodan and so on. Always interesting.

I regret a lot that Joko death, Rata Primus cube, Mallyck weren't made as dungeons.

I passed through LS2, from which I liked some parts, because, you know, asura. Finding where scarlet was, discovering the Omadd machine. Cool. I noted there was 6 dragons, and I was like hooray, so happy, hope they will all have a cool or better development than Zhaithan.

HoT was quite difficult when I experienced it the first time. I wasn’t fan of the exalted. Plus, that egg, that is now Aurene, I was already hating by heart that thing, before it was born. I was thinking, what is that thing? Gonna be an annoying ally that solve everything like that tree sapling of Trahearne? The commander accepted it, and I was like shrug, okay, don’t care of it, not going to play with it anyway, or buy anything related to that strange blue dragon.

Then rata novus, and other rata novan remnants. The first time I was really shocked and wondered how went the development with HoT:

The tangled depths obviously show a Rata Sum like city in the north east, and nope. Nothing to see. Pass. Cry. Put your tears in a bottle and throw them away. Still today, I enjoy walking around Tangled depths and Dragon stand Rata novan remnants. Through, there is nothing to do. No lore, no easter eggs, nothing. Some notes only. The secret achievement “New Horizon” was making me dream, that corridor I never seen, thought, okay that door at the other side surely lead to the cube. Nope again. Well guess I will see what the future hold for me.

To this day, I still wonder why the elite specialization is called scrapper and have to me nothing related to this name. HoT follows LS2 and LS1 which were majorly focusing on Scarlet Briar. To me it would have made sense that scrapper is a minion specialization for engineer, allowing you to create watchworks minions with scraps. Because, you know, it is in the name, Scrapper. A shame that nobody seemed to study how watchwork and the geary monstrosities created during the assault of LA. I know, thin link, but sorry, it is scarlet who awaken Mordremoth. (You arrive in a forest or a desert, your airship shipwreck next to you, and the only thing you think about crafting is useless flying balls? Nah, minions logically, to help you fetch materials, defend yourself, even an armor or euipment helping you to survive.) Would have been a good reminder of it instead of the useless gyros we have currently. Kinda stupid, all my engies always have the same traits, either I pick elixirs, either I pick explosion and grenades. Never use gyros or turrets anymore. And by default, they are all holosmiths.

LS3 arrived. I am human. I don’t care of humans, their story, or anything related to them in any game. The caudecus arc was interesting, can’t lie. But not my teacup.The big positive point, it opened new areas all around: Doric, bloodstone fen, ember bay, bitterfrost, siren landing? Draconis mons… It is pretty cool, each time extending the core areas near some maps I used to know. I’m into fire and volcanic theme. And when I was wandering around in Ember bay and Draconic Mons I was pleased. And they feature my favorite race. Nice to see cleansed Orr.

We start arriving slowly where we are today with PoF. I was attracted by the desert/Egyptian (another of my passion is anything related to Egypt) possible theme of Amnoon.

This time the elite specialization was a nice surprise. I like holosmith a lot.

But stating it is from human, big joke. Just the prime laser beam is used by scarlet hologram. Hexagon is always associated with asuras: Floor tiles, holo platform, in symbols, shape of their city from above… The video presenting the spec on youtube is an asura. Holomancy / Holography are asura disciplines. There is even an npc called holomancer in rata sum, and another overseeing dragon bash holograms and races. Jump makes appear particles featuring two arrows hexagon particles, look like two rotated T asuran letters. This is the closest symbol, new krytan has none V like symbols.  But anyway, prime laser beam is scarlet and scarlet learned from asura so asura.

But I rapidly realized that the expansion maps have nothing from that. Kinda the contrary of what is shown to you as example on the crystal oasis loading screen.

There was one big thing I actually was stunned by, it was awakened. I find awakened designs so awesome. And even that lich, that mighty king called Palawa Joko. Very great. But then a human war god came from nowhere in the plot and was like Huh…

Ah yes, there was a charr that freed him and I facepalmed. I never cared of Forged, but recognize it is an interesting faction to fight. Thought that two menaces were enough, but kralkatorrik arrived into the game, and in same time some bad iteration of a crystal lair that I still hate today. It gives me war flashbacks. But overall, I like PoF storyline.

I can now look with some distance at LS4. It wasn’t that bad. Istan, to me did a great job, featuring an atmosphere, linking some plots together: Especially sunspear and awakened. I really felt the distress of the local having no food. The corsairs flotilla In the north gave me a smile, some discreet memories from old lion’s arch coming back into my mind. The architecture of Palawadan is special, but I love it. Sadly, I’m just here for the slaughter and the loot, not to live here. You have farahnur the lost city too, and I’m not gonna say why I love this place. You may quite easily guess why. Just after, by the way, is still my favorite guild wars 2 map: sandswept isles. About that map, my only regret is that at the middle of the complex or in a second map in the north of that one that there isn’t a giant biohazard zone with 6 environments featuring champions and experiments about the 6 dragons. At this point, if I have to say how much I’m pleased by the different asura/inquest places, would be the following order:

Rata primus cube > Farahnur the first city > A bug in the system story instances > Metrica Province > The rest of Sandswept Isles > Rata Novus > Kourna labs.

In my honest opinion, and it fill my eyes with tears to say it, I may not see any more asuran environments nor depths of tyria added in game in a soon future. This may be my last sorting. Another lore plot nuked like you nuked gw1 utopia. It is even sadder when you now the definition of Utopia. (Which this game is the opposite, becoming slowing a dystopia)

I immediately spotted the reference for Gorrik and Blish, and who would I to plan the doomed fate of that little cute golem.

I should have known, after seeing how ended Forgal. Could have it been avoided if ranting and warning about it before the fourth episode of the ls4? It is sick, there is something sick in the story writing of that game. Stop watching game of thrones or whatever you are copying.

Kourna was rushed, and this was the second big mistake of this game. Nuking a character, an interesting one, that started to become interesting: King Palawa Joko death. Again, was I blind? It was sure that this annoying blue dragon gonna be used to kill everything because protected by the strange development of this game. It is the second time I started to wonder if I needed to stay in this game. It is a serious number of mistakes that have been made by the writing team now.

Jahai was nice however, very fun Branded death shaterrer, the events around the maps, bounties, the quests, it kinda returned to the root of the pact. It reminded me scrapp camps that were made in malchor leap and the cursed shore. Plus it introduced the cool DERVS.

I was happy to see Aurene getting rekt in episode 5. I was like, yes, god yes, like that trahearne, they got rid of it, woohoo, I’m relieved. I can breathe. Yahoo. DEAD. The story of GW2 can finally return to its original state: Us the commander, the pact, and a dragon. And that’s it. But the disaster happened. That annoying dragon was resurrected by another stupid plot turn. I facepalmed.

I was shaking. What gonna happens, no, no, no, don’t tell me they gonna ruin kralkatorrik.

I breath, and phew. We got a map, dragonfall, and story instand to end the dragon from inside, to me another metaphorical or psychic fight just like I did with mordremoth. Ton of various foes have been added with kralkatorrik, branded forgotten, branded centaurs, branded karkas, branded HoT creatures, branded dredges… you know, the Mordrems designs are also Interesting: Nightmarish flowers, hounds, humanoid made of plants and body parts… But even some PoF ones was used, I like hydras.

With all of those, it was kinda logical for me, to wait for new foes designed only for Jormag and Primordius the two remaining dragons we knew about at this point.

That living season 5, started with a charr map. Grothmar Valley. A peaceful and nicely designed map, remembering me of my old adventures in core tyria.

There are several original events happening all around, even a metal music concert. It also introduced another shining character, Bangar Ruinbringer.

But I get used to this: Ok, so another character I like, how they will ruin it this time? Frozen. Spike collar around the neck. Being a puppet. This is not the only step I will disapprove in the icebrood saga. Not so far later, a character that was a figure to me and deserved way better, Almorra, Died.

Just saying it bring anger in me. No Anet. You will not earn a tear from me. Only more anger toward your game. The balance of motivation started to shift, was at 2 fingers to leave the game because of this plot turn. The steel warband got introduced after, and I immediately thought, don’t get in love with them, they will disappear some episodes later. Was right. I liked this warband. I kept my tears by telling me: Bah, tell yourself this isn’t an asura. But nah, I can’t tell myself that. All the races of this game are cool, and all those characters are awesome with unbelievable built personalities. What a waste. If it wasn’t enough, Smodur, an imperator that was always told as right in core tyria became a psycho that Anet put into their visor with the plan to kill it in the episode. And so smodur died.

A great imperator, made dirty, pooped on, spitted on by this game. How? Why? How this game took this turn? You discover there is a secret machine you don’t know how they build it to create frost legion soldier, you destroy it with the associated citadel, and somehow, even after it is destroyed, you still see frost legions.

Incoherence number 1. It is even stated by Ryland in Caledon DRM that its troops are slaughtered by us. But somehow it has enough troop to deploy in rata sum during chapter 1….

We see destroyers, but somehow, they aren’t vine touched. Incoherence number 2. You forgot about it, and instead of correcting the shot, you invented a non-sense excuse.

You don’t really know why, but a living season that is called ICEBROOD SAGA, is now introduced PRIMORDIUS. Incoherence number 3. It is in the title of the season. Icebrood. There was no need for Primordius. You made it on purpose because you want to spit on Primordius.

Chapters should have never seen the daylight to abort the plot. Episode 4 was called “Jormag Rising”, RISING

(to die just after, how does it make senses?) there should have been some rush events and festivals. After that, you release Episode 5, the last one. It is a map at the left of EOTN. Ryland is tracked and localized. A big offensive of the pact is launched on Jormag. It is called Dragonwastes in my dream.

Yes, I had a dream. A map that is an icy desolation with spires and icebrood homestead. The pact was conquering strategic points and deploying flame legion shields to protect them. Crecia and rytlock were preparing the troops in background, filling the charrs tanks with ammunitions, filling the copters with soldiers. Pact deploying perimeter defense cannons and some lighting cannons. Aurene was flying above shooting at some cracks in the ice to deploy ley lines, usable by the players to fly around. Some DERVS, flame effigies, sand effigies would have bee, around. The deldrimor dwarves, exalted and kodans would have allied to make powerful ballista filled with magical corrosive arrows to wound Jormag. When stun, everyone would run toward Jormag, hitting the head and the different parts.

After, Ryland is dumb dumb and shoot an arrow with the bow at Braham. (Braham avoid in a matrix move ka braham, and the arrow finally hit Primordius) Primordius become overpowered, super Saiyan aura. Lava and rocks start conquering more and more terrain, eating piece and piece of lands toward jormag. Jormag scream to ryland “We are losing it” Ryland shouts, and run toward Braham. “Not on my watch!” Braham run toward ryland filled with new powerful force, give a big punch in ryland face, take its bow back, and shot a very powerful fire magic charged arrow to jormag who catch it in the torso, passing completlety through it and bleeding blue blood. Jormag is bleeding heavily and start losing cohesion. Jormag die. Falling on the ground, dead. Braham shout “It is done. Prophecy is fulfilled” Ryland scream a big “NOOOOOOOO”. And slowly the corruption disappears from Ryland. He became grey. Through the ending is the same, he dies. Obstinate by its craziness. Bangar walk in, grey, cleared of its necklace. “He deserved better.”

There are strange magic and echos appearing in the airs reminding different events: Aetherblade, HoT, PoF. A flash. All gone. Here we go cantha.

THIS is how it should have ended. No. The end you are offering is unacceptable. And never I will forgive you about it. This is the drop that broke the vase. I was hesitating, but no it is confirmed, I WILL NOT GIVE YOU ANYTHING ANYMORE. I WILL NOT BUY EOD. I STOP PLAYING. TAKE IT AS A WARN. I hope you are happy to destroy the dreams of a kid that became adult hoping to see it’s favorite fire dragon in action. Simply removing it. Stopping any possibilities of further development.

I highly recommend Anet, and in fact, kinda force. To look at wooden potatoes analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnlrTvd7K_w really agree with its point of view.

But no. Primordius got ZERO development from you apart 15 mins of screentime.

1. -No new type or shape of foes since 2013. No GW1 wyvern doesn’t count.
  2. -No depths of Tyria, underground nor Primordius domain map.
  3. -Spitting on it saying it has no intelligence whereas sending coherent squads and objectives, naming its lieutenants. Aiming for strategic points.
  4. -No lore, no ruins, no dwarves nor asura origin exploration.
  5. -Killed in a stupid fight, by a lore breaking nuclear explosion caused by the annoying shiny dragon. Do you remember Thaumanova at least? What about chaos magic? Crucible of eternity maybe?
  6. -No evolutions of destroyer assault techniques nor landscape modelling since 2013. It is hard to create whirlwind appearing on the grounds, lava faults opening, seismic activity, ash falls, hard to breath air, fire elementals, Giant fire tornadoes, lava tidal?
  7. - IT WAS SAID AND RESAID BY YOUR CHARACTERS LIKE TAIMI THAT KILLING A DRAGON IS BAD. EVEN JOKO SAID IT. AND NOW? TOTALLY FINE TO CREATE NUCLEAR EXPLOSION AT THE LEFT OF A MAP CONTAINING KODAN SHIPS, NOT SO FAR FROM LION ARCH?
  8. -THE FRICKING SHINY DRAGON SAID IT DOESN’T WANT TO MOVE A CLAW THE EPISODE BEFORE, AND IT NUKED TWO DRAGON AT ONCE. IS THERE SOMEBODY HERE, CHECKING WHAT IS WRITTEN, READING THE WIKI ABOUT EACH EPISODE?
  9. -An asura councilor we don’t know a skritt above no say aw my bad was wrong to ally with jormag? What bad writing is that? Where is consistency?
  10. This is one of the big issue since the start of chapters, no additional dialogues, no talk options, in that last big fight instance, they just remain silent. Like all the main characters know how bad the story went and don’t even want to comment on it.

Jormag being built and described as manipulative and intelligent, somehow manage to become crazy the pre last chapter and suicide itself in the last one. NO, you can’t have a so big change of personality in two minutes.

Primordius who don’t care about the surface and was just swimming in lava like in a sauna, like a little fish bloup bloup. Somehow appeared just near Jormag, whereas, I have to remind, was located at the ring of fire. RING OF FIRE THE PREVIOUS EPISODE.

I found someone faster than sonic.

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ONCE IN YOUR LIFE ICE WINNING AGAINST FIRE?

Let's take pokemon.

Take two legendary, Dragon and Fire / Dragon and Ice how convenient: Kyurem and Reshiram. Who win?

The dragon type nullify fire and ice efficiency against each other. BUT ROCK, is efficient agaisnt ice, damage x2. Primordius, uses rock attack, like when primordius shew a giant lava rock. Or generate a lava and rock waves on ground. It is plus, illogical that in the final cinematic Primordius don't even tried to defend itself. Because some hit of stone claws, magma and rocks breath, breaking a giant geode on jormag head, and jormag is dead. You not only contradict yourself here Anet, but also what was shown in drizzlwood. There are shards of jormag blood everywhere, it makes no sense the outcome would be different. Jormag always tried to avoid dirrect fight, knowing it would lead to a lose.

But I will take a look at the finale rewards now:

I was hoping that tat least you would have finished chapters with a firework of good rewards. But disappointment. Eyes infusions that remind nothing of the respective elder dragons. Was hard to add lava rocks around a very bright fiery eye for primordius and ice crystals around a scary cold eye for jormag? Even the rewards are a letdown. Your release page image by the way is misleading and kinda fake advertising: The flowers of the hairs of the sylvaris look like part of the infusion! I take that as an insult, laughing at me, “see, your infusion will never look like this, haha!”

What about the cape? Another expensive grind fest: 10000 war supplies, 1000 chilli peppers, expensive stormcallers cores.

About the new decorations? Excuse me. The decoration. And it is expensive, only saw it at discount seal vendor for 100 seals… The ice token is also little expensive, but it is a good thing it covers a large space. Not gonna buy aurene token anyway, I hate aurene.

I have nothing more to say, and it isn’t bringing back the marionette like I read in the news that will make me forgive you. I’m leaving this story. I am not playing guild wars 2 anymore. Because you destroyed the last hope I was stick to, a Primordius/Asura expansion. What about SAB, Auris weirdbringer, Asura decorations for guild halls, giving turrets racial appearance, more things for RPers, housing, more dungeons, more choices of joining whatever you want, eveil organizations or not… well nothing. Eight year that one of my character wear inquest uniform has completed 100% collection of crucible of eternity, have all mark II weapons, have the outfit, have the glider, have the chair, has the symbol. Another one being suited like an aetherblade... 8 years I got rejected at Rata Sum inquest recruiting station.

I guess, good luck with your second human focus only expansion, another reason for me to not play it, it is again about humans. Since I know there is no Primordius anymore, don’t see any reason to play anymore. Sure would be a new place for me, haven't played gw1, but why playing it, if all your specializations, new makeover and hairstyles options are about humans, the new armors being for human, the new legendary being human themed? I only care about charr and asura.

You ruined Asura. You ruined Primordius. You ruined everything. When the interesting frost legion became interesting, you stopped the plot.

I am just crying on my keyboard at this point. Time to stop. I’m more disappointed than ever. Angrier that ever because I know you just don’t care about feeling nor anything or if your content is good or not whereas is should be your NUMBER ONE PRIORITY. You aren’t planning to change that story step. Like you ruined Lion’s Arch, Joko, Blish, Almorra, Forgal, Tybalt, Sieran, The steel warband, Smodur and now Primordius… I ask you to acknowledge those mistakes and fix that last one. But you will not do it, because you never return changing what you released, and this is your downfall.

IF YOU HAVE A MINIMUM RESPECT AND LOVE FOR YOUR GAME ANET, SAY AT THE END OF DRAGONSTORM THAT THE DRAGONS SURVIVED AND THAT IT WAS ONLY A PROJECTION GENERATED BY THEIR CHAMPIONS. METAPHORICAL FIGHT, THE MIND OF BRAHAM AND RYLAND FIGHTING.

OR REWORK DRAGONSTORM. THIS IS AN ABOBINATION.

I REALLY HOPE THAT LECONS ARE LEARNT.

Don’t continue working on an episode or anything if you know you will butcher it. Wait to have the resources and everything needed. What this game became…

I really was planning to buy deluxe edition with my money for EOD. Will be 0 Euros now from me.

My friends who initiated me to this game maybe made the good choice to leave before chapters. They haven’t seen the horror that was waiting for them, they were dragons lovers too.

What regrets do I have by leaving?

My other regrets it that I will never see SAB world 3 and 4 nor an Exo-suit skyscale. It hurt me deep in the heart, SAB could have been finished since a very long time. I will not come back, not for another colored weapons set and to see w3 and w4 doors still closed. Never will be able to wander in the street of old lion’s arch or in the depths of tyria. Thanks for giving me hopes, making me enjoy the game. Thanks for breaking them and making me quit.

Yeah, thanks, thanks to Josh Foreman who created SAB. Thanks to the amazing map designers. Thanks to the audio and VA teams. Thanks to the devs in charge of animation or cinematics. Thanks to the loading screen creators who are on a level as high as the sky. Thanks for the expansions and personnal story. and dungeons.

Thanks to the peoples who worked on the first half of LS4, and the second half of LS3 and on LS1 and its events. I will say finally, a thanks for the peoples who designed grothmar valley and Drizzlewood coast.

Just say it you aren’t going to finish SAB. I asked since a long time to see things coming back (ls1, breachmaker, marionette, nightmare tower, seeing the end of SAB, bringing back canthan district of Divinity reach, finish the maps that are non-finished like kourna.) Be sure when SAB will be finished, I will come back. But I don’t have the moral to see another fake promise. It was in 2014 or 2015 that SAB should have ended, finished. Not in 2025. Come on. 2-3 devs on it, sure it takes 1 year, but it is done. When there is a request, it is about seeing it next year, not when I am in the coffin. Yeah. Priority. See how living world priority led that icebrood saga. It is too late. I will not come back, even if the word marionette is written in the road map.

I created 10 characters. Had a lot of fun with them, progressing around Tyria, exploring every corner, discovering every specialization. Wanted to make some of them Primordius champions. (Where is my Primordysura?) Some other inquest agents. Another group being valorous soldiers. But no options, no right, no opportunities. Follow the pact character. Be it. Have no other choice. I just want to slap that character. We are a dragon champion too. If you want to kill dragons, kill Aurene too.

There is no honors or fame about how those two elder dragons died. This is bad, rushed work. I’m happy this map, dragonstorm isn’t shown on world map. Because it is the thing I don’t want to remember. Now I must make all my characters backstories citing icebrood saga as non-canon. Writing that this is just a nightmare. Bad release, not even armor pieces to make your character look like it was corrupted by one of those two elder dragon. Infusions so basic, doesn’t even deserve to be a meta achiev reward. Just a random 2g value loot. There isn't even an icy or rocky look about them, come on. Playing that to have, what, a shiny eye? Two major plot lines that was sent in the bin like a dirty paper. Disgusting? Yes. Disgusting.

If I were in a good mood would have put lot of happy and positive smileys around the text. But no. Nah, doesn’t even want to make a little joke to end this big text.

I discovered the balance patch note. Cool, less damages for my holosmith. Scrapper have more speed, and my favorite condition, retaliation is removed….

Hugo.4705. Aka Hadrian Eagleclaw. Primordius and Asura Lover.

Cya, will see again in the eternal alchemy or the mists, or somewhere else or in the grim of darkness of a far future, or during another non justified nuclear Fallout. It doesn’t pass this time. This is my story. Or, it WAS my story, please don't remove the post. 

Edited by hugo.4705
Orthographic mistakes
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 5

• hugo.4705 changed the title to I never been that much filled with sadness, anger, and disappointment as with the last chapter release. [Spoilers, any gw2 plot/story]

Dude chill, you talk like it's your whole life story. It's a game. I play the franchise since 2006 and I don't really care what happened. They move on, everything comes to an end. Just play it from time to time, go out, lie on a beautiful meadow and enjoy the warmth of the sun.

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

It's not that big of a deal. That being said, is the story disappointing? Sure is. However the gameplay is fine. There are some bad bugs though with the public instance of Dragonstorm that causes Braham and Ryland to be locked together forever.

All that being said, I am more bothered by the fact that we do not seem to be getting an Asura/Skritt/Deldrimore and the Depths of Tyria story. That is something that piqued my interest all the way back in the Eye of the North expansion. Now that isn't happening. I don't even know how to feel about End of Dragons now at this point considering what it cost.

It's okay though. This is a game. If it's not fun anymore then that will be that. Folks want to imagine the end of a game comes as screaming, shouting, protesting and what not. If this franchise really were to go away, it comes slowly and quietly. 

It's okay to be disappointed, but that's up to each individual to decide whether this game is worth playing. Just ask yourself.

"Are you having fun?"

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jilora.9524 said:

Be careful. They already removed the poll because most comments were negative. Like that's cool anet. If you don't want negative reviews don't release bad content.

My poll got yeeted

Staying on topic though, i am indeed dissapointed myself with how the saga ended up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

i feel the same about most hot specs theres no "connection", scrappers are suposelly related to SCAR crew on TD. and where are the berserkers, reapers?

Reapers I got no idea where they come from.

The only good story I can think about Berserkers is warriors who have learned how to access the maximum power/magic that they can muster, in order to cut through and burn down the thick jungle. With plant enemies, going on a rage fire mode sounds like a good tactic.

Scrappers ig are engis utilizing the leftovers of the pact fleet to build stuff, based on the charr scrapper principles of making stuff out of anything. 

i hope they learn that rush villains kills is a lore disaster. even worse, theres no more "mistery", Primordus/Jormag killed. on DSD and Aurene left, we going to kill DSD that absorved some of the massive Primordus/Jormag magic. EOD is a Aurene/DSD clash, and the dragons end.

5 hours ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Dragonstorm looks fine from gameplay perspective

But story, welp, idk xd

We should not have the same gameplay expectations. This meta consists of hitting the same sponge bosses 3 times and spamming a skill on stationary heads

It's really level 0 in terms of gameplay

• Like 1

Be careful. They already removed the poll because most comments were negative. Like that's cool anet. If you don't want negative reviews don't release bad content.

Wow, that’s really infuriating.

90% of players: "this content sucks!!! Gameplay is horrendous and killed lore and story"

Anet: "players are expressing their discontent on the forums??? Shut it down and prepare the next wave of crap content"

10% of players: we love you anet we will play anything you give us, here is more money for skins in gemstore"

this is how i see it...fight me

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Zola.6197 said:

Wow, that’s really infuriating.

So they REALLY removed the poll thread!? kitten I'm so angry now and I would have so many words to say now, but on this forum you risk getting banned even for the slightest hostily.... thank you ArenaNet. You're like every other developer now...and this isn't a compliment. I thought you were different.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I was really hoping for the last two Norn Shaman armor sets (leopard and wolf).

I was also wanting to learn more about the norn, spirits and the kodan.

Too bad they didn't just make one final episode instead of champions, and released it after a few months that included all these things, focused only on Jormag and included another beautiful map with another strike mission.

Right now, the dwarves didn't at all feel like they had a great resolution. They should have been the ones predominantly at the battle against Primordus in this mission.

This would have been a major conclusion to the main plot of GW1, EotN

Would be cool if we had a Living Story season after EoD with just the Depths, Primordus, Asura, Dwarves, Skritt and Dredge, as well as exploring the lost ancient asuran cities or discovering splinter groups of Asura that may have survived. 

Bu that won't be happening.

I also would have loved to figure out who built the EotN and the history behind why it's there. 

• Like 1

I'm fairly certain many feel the same way as Hugo to some degree. I know from watching reviewers on Youtube and talking to those in game that many are disappointed  with Arenanet right now. It doesn't help that they have to be like twitter and facebook taking away peoples freedom of speech. Especially when compassionate fans are expressing their frustrations only to have the comments be removed. You don't do that to people, your customers...your fans! It's a virtual slap in the face! It's insulting.  If this is the direction Areanet is going then be prepared to have more people leave....alot more. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Jilora.9524 said:

I mean, did they even make an official post on the forums talking about the episode or opening up about feedback?

Did they do a Guild Chat stream after the release?

Two elder dragons died and they didn't even do a Guild Chat after stream?

That kind of says everything in itself. They knew what they did, how it would be received, and the fact that they chose now of all times to redo the forums is just another tell.

I love how you don't even get experience for the mastery track released with this episode from the "world boss". 

Given how far out the expansion is I'm still kind of wondering why they released it early. I'm guessing they knew it wouldn't have made a difference anyway and they put all they wanted to put into the release. They're probably tired of hearing about how poorly received the saga is and the flood of complaints over the last few months between the living story, lack of balance changes. Probably pretty burnt out amidst working on a "surprise" expansion. 

I imagine it's probably a pretty frustrating place to work with how chaotic the studio has seemed to become over the past few years. Maybe they're just censoring the negative comments for sanity reasons.

• Sad 4

16 hours ago, ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Dude chill, you talk like it's your whole life story. It's a game. I play the franchise since 2006 and I don't really care what happened. They move on, everything comes to an end. Just play it from time to time, go out, lie on a beautiful meadow and enjoy the warmth of the sun.

People are different, find different things in different things.
Games maybe a hobby or a distraction for some people but for others they can be a significant part of their lives.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 5/1/2021 at 4:09 AM, hugo.4705 said:

Dear Anet, NcSoft, Players or Friends

I don’t see myself starting this with a pure rant or just throwing things away, it would be wrong. I will start with my story to end with what I disliked.

I discovered Guild Wars 2 during 2013 thanks to my big brother that used to play Guild Wars 1. He told me one day: You like dragons and fantasy background, right? I told him, of course, but I expect the dragons to be different than the common belief. He answered, the dragons are related to different elements, there is one of Ice, one about storms and purple crystals, a zombie one even one about fire. He continued by telling me that the UI and mechanics were easy to understand.

In 2013, I started my journey, creating a human engineer. I had a lot of fun, and I levelled up, doing the different quests, discovering the very cool ambient dialogues around, and the race I would be in love with later: Asura. I followed the vigils, and Almorra were a great figure to me, I enjoyed so much fighting along Forgal. The next step was exploring Lion’s arch. The original lion’s arch. The corsair city I paid for. I liked so much the architecture, and then Scarlet arrived. I enjoyed Ls1, the story was maybe strangely put together, but all the big events; the attack on lion’s arch, the watchwork knights, the miasma, the invasions, the Breachmaker or the Marionette… those were big events that will stay in memory, I only regret that at this moment I was in exams and missed a lot of the achievements.

Then, the arch was rebuilt, and it was the first big mistake made by the game, should I continue playing it? Not rebuilding the arch the way it was. The design I paid the game to see, to experience, a real corsair city. But no, it was then transformed in a horrible giant aquarium, where each sea animal sculpture is an insult to the old city. I started wondering, will mistakes happens again? The next story mission was the battle of claw island, and I saw forgal going back into the fort, walking toward the risens. And I was like, what? Who the skritt who thought it was a good idea doing that? I told myself, don’t bother, it is a common thing, even in movie, someone sacrifice itself to save everyone, hope to not see that again.

I liked zhaithan story and the different dungeons , and it is a pain to see that they became forgotten.

I fought the first dragon, Zhaithan. I was fascinated by the buildup, I liked the tricks of a risen Mesmer pushing me to kill my allies, going in an underwater ruin to seek a powerful risen; leading charr tanks column through a desolated place… Jumping In a golem suit from an airship, going into a ruined city, and using a megalaser to cripple the undead dragon. When I think of those missions, it always put a smile on my face.

I never experienced again good content like dungeons. The crucible of eternity, twilight arbor aether path, honor of the waves, caudecus manor; you feel like eveything was funded into them:

1. A quality environments, heavy use of RELEVANT 3d models. Very detailed, you feel like each has a puropose.
  2. The quality of the story. It is heavy on dialogue, you can speak at any time to your "guide" npc doing the path about anything. That NPC act coherently most of the time.
  3. The gorgeous ambient dialogue. I am sorry but the "The cafeteria is now closed" or "Lockdown protocol in effect" for a second later "Reactor meltdown in progress" always made me chuckles.
  4. The originality behind the paths. It has to been thought, to make a path about a svanir, another one about icebrood kodan and so on. Always interesting.

I regret a lot that Joko death, Rata Primus cube, Mallyck weren't made as dungeons.

I passed through LS2, from which I liked some parts, because, you know, asura. Finding where scarlet was, discovering the Omadd machine. Cool. I noted there was 6 dragons, and I was like hooray, so happy, hope they will all have a cool or better development than Zhaithan.

HoT was quite difficult when I experienced it the first time. I wasn’t fan of the exalted. Plus, that egg, that is now Aurene, I was already hating by heart that thing, before it was born. I was thinking, what is that thing? Gonna be an annoying ally that solve everything like that tree sapling of Trahearne? The commander accepted it, and I was like shrug, okay, don’t care of it, not going to play with it anyway, or buy anything related to that strange blue dragon.

Then rata novus, and other rata novan remnants. The first time I was really shocked and wondered how went the development with HoT:

The tangled depths obviously show a Rata Sum like city in the north east, and nope. Nothing to see. Pass. Cry. Put your tears in a bottle and throw them away. Still today, I enjoy walking around Tangled depths and Dragon stand Rata novan remnants. Through, there is nothing to do. No lore, no easter eggs, nothing. Some notes only. The secret achievement “New Horizon” was making me dream, that corridor I never seen, thought, okay that door at the other side surely lead to the cube. Nope again. Well guess I will see what the future hold for me.

To this day, I still wonder why the elite specialization is called scrapper and have to me nothing related to this name. HoT follows LS2 and LS1 which were majorly focusing on Scarlet Briar. To me it would have made sense that scrapper is a minion specialization for engineer, allowing you to create watchworks minions with scraps. Because, you know, it is in the name, Scrapper. A shame that nobody seemed to study how watchwork and the geary monstrosities created during the assault of LA. I know, thin link, but sorry, it is scarlet who awaken Mordremoth. (You arrive in a forest or a desert, your airship shipwreck next to you, and the only thing you think about crafting is useless flying balls? Nah, minions logically, to help you fetch materials, defend yourself, even an armor or euipment helping you to survive.) Would have been a good reminder of it instead of the useless gyros we have currently. Kinda stupid, all my engies always have the same traits, either I pick elixirs, either I pick explosion and grenades. Never use gyros or turrets anymore. And by default, they are all holosmiths.

LS3 arrived. I am human. I don’t care of humans, their story, or anything related to them in any game. The caudecus arc was interesting, can’t lie. But not my teacup.The big positive point, it opened new areas all around: Doric, bloodstone fen, ember bay, bitterfrost, siren landing? Draconis mons… It is pretty cool, each time extending the core areas near some maps I used to know. I’m into fire and volcanic theme. And when I was wandering around in Ember bay and Draconic Mons I was pleased. And they feature my favorite race. Nice to see cleansed Orr.

We start arriving slowly where we are today with PoF. I was attracted by the desert/Egyptian (another of my passion is anything related to Egypt) possible theme of Amnoon.

This time the elite specialization was a nice surprise. I like holosmith a lot.

But stating it is from human, big joke. Just the prime laser beam is used by scarlet hologram. Hexagon is always associated with asuras: Floor tiles, holo platform, in symbols, shape of their city from above… The video presenting the spec on youtube is an asura. Holomancy / Holography are asura disciplines. There is even an npc called holomancer in rata sum, and another overseeing dragon bash holograms and races. Jump makes appear particles featuring two arrows hexagon particles, look like two rotated T asuran letters. This is the closest symbol, new krytan has none V like symbols.  But anyway, prime laser beam is scarlet and scarlet learned from asura so asura.

But I rapidly realized that the expansion maps have nothing from that. Kinda the contrary of what is shown to you as example on the crystal oasis loading screen.

There was one big thing I actually was stunned by, it was awakened. I find awakened designs so awesome. And even that lich, that mighty king called Palawa Joko. Very great. But then a human war god came from nowhere in the plot and was like Huh…

Ah yes, there was a charr that freed him and I facepalmed. I never cared of Forged, but recognize it is an interesting faction to fight. Thought that two menaces were enough, but kralkatorrik arrived into the game, and in same time some bad iteration of a crystal lair that I still hate today. It gives me war flashbacks. But overall, I like PoF storyline.

I can now look with some distance at LS4. It wasn’t that bad. Istan, to me did a great job, featuring an atmosphere, linking some plots together: Especially sunspear and awakened. I really felt the distress of the local having no food. The corsairs flotilla In the north gave me a smile, some discreet memories from old lion’s arch coming back into my mind. The architecture of Palawadan is special, but I love it. Sadly, I’m just here for the slaughter and the loot, not to live here. You have farahnur the lost city too, and I’m not gonna say why I love this place. You may quite easily guess why. Just after, by the way, is still my favorite guild wars 2 map: sandswept isles. About that map, my only regret is that at the middle of the complex or in a second map in the north of that one that there isn’t a giant biohazard zone with 6 environments featuring champions and experiments about the 6 dragons. At this point, if I have to say how much I’m pleased by the different asura/inquest places, would be the following order:

Rata primus cube > Farahnur the first city > A bug in the system story instances > Metrica Province > The rest of Sandswept Isles > Rata Novus > Kourna labs.

In my honest opinion, and it fill my eyes with tears to say it, I may not see any more asuran environments nor depths of tyria added in game in a soon future. This may be my last sorting. Another lore plot nuked like you nuked gw1 utopia. It is even sadder when you now the definition of Utopia. (Which this game is the opposite, becoming slowing a dystopia)

I immediately spotted the reference for Gorrik and Blish, and who would I to plan the doomed fate of that little cute golem.

I should have known, after seeing how ended Forgal. Could have it been avoided if ranting and warning about it before the fourth episode of the ls4? It is sick, there is something sick in the story writing of that game. Stop watching game of thrones or whatever you are copying.

Kourna was rushed, and this was the second big mistake of this game. Nuking a character, an interesting one, that started to become interesting: King Palawa Joko death. Again, was I blind? It was sure that this annoying blue dragon gonna be used to kill everything because protected by the strange development of this game. It is the second time I started to wonder if I needed to stay in this game. It is a serious number of mistakes that have been made by the writing team now.

Jahai was nice however, very fun Branded death shaterrer, the events around the maps, bounties, the quests, it kinda returned to the root of the pact. It reminded me scrapp camps that were made in malchor leap and the cursed shore. Plus it introduced the cool DERVS.

I was happy to see Aurene getting rekt in episode 5. I was like, yes, god yes, like that trahearne, they got rid of it, woohoo, I’m relieved. I can breathe. Yahoo. DEAD. The story of GW2 can finally return to its original state: Us the commander, the pact, and a dragon. And that’s it. But the disaster happened. That annoying dragon was resurrected by another stupid plot turn. I facepalmed.

I was shaking. What gonna happens, no, no, no, don’t tell me they gonna ruin kralkatorrik.

I breath, and phew. We got a map, dragonfall, and story instand to end the dragon from inside, to me another metaphorical or psychic fight just like I did with mordremoth. Ton of various foes have been added with kralkatorrik, branded forgotten, branded centaurs, branded karkas, branded HoT creatures, branded dredges… you know, the Mordrems designs are also Interesting: Nightmarish flowers, hounds, humanoid made of plants and body parts… But even some PoF ones was used, I like hydras.

With all of those, it was kinda logical for me, to wait for new foes designed only for Jormag and Primordius the two remaining dragons we knew about at this point.

That living season 5, started with a charr map. Grothmar Valley. A peaceful and nicely designed map, remembering me of my old adventures in core tyria.

There are several original events happening all around, even a metal music concert. It also introduced another shining character, Bangar Ruinbringer.

But I get used to this: Ok, so another character I like, how they will ruin it this time? Frozen. Spike collar around the neck. Being a puppet. This is not the only step I will disapprove in the icebrood saga. Not so far later, a character that was a figure to me and deserved way better, Almorra, Died.

Just saying it bring anger in me. No Anet. You will not earn a tear from me. Only more anger toward your game. The balance of motivation started to shift, was at 2 fingers to leave the game because of this plot turn. The steel warband got introduced after, and I immediately thought, don’t get in love with them, they will disappear some episodes later. Was right. I liked this warband. I kept my tears by telling me: Bah, tell yourself this isn’t an asura. But nah, I can’t tell myself that. All the races of this game are cool, and all those characters are awesome with unbelievable built personalities. What a waste. If it wasn’t enough, Smodur, an imperator that was always told as right in core tyria became a psycho that Anet put into their visor with the plan to kill it in the episode. And so smodur died.

A great imperator, made dirty, pooped on, spitted on by this game. How? Why? How this game took this turn? You discover there is a secret machine you don’t know how they build it to create frost legion soldier, you destroy it with the associated citadel, and somehow, even after it is destroyed, you still see frost legions.

Incoherence number 1. It is even stated by Ryland in Caledon DRM that its troops are slaughtered by us. But somehow it has enough troop to deploy in rata sum during chapter 1….

We see destroyers, but somehow, they aren’t vine touched. Incoherence number 2. You forgot about it, and instead of correcting the shot, you invented a non-sense excuse.

You don’t really know why, but a living season that is called ICEBROOD SAGA, is now introduced PRIMORDIUS. Incoherence number 3. It is in the title of the season. Icebrood. There was no need for Primordius. You made it on purpose because you want to spit on Primordius.

Chapters should have never seen the daylight to abort the plot. Episode 4 was called “Jormag Rising”, RISING

(to die just after, how does it make senses?) there should have been some rush events and festivals. After that, you release Episode 5, the last one. It is a map at the left of EOTN. Ryland is tracked and localized. A big offensive of the pact is launched on Jormag. It is called Dragonwastes in my dream.

Yes, I had a dream. A map that is an icy desolation with spires and icebrood homestead. The pact was conquering strategic points and deploying flame legion shields to protect them. Crecia and rytlock were preparing the troops in background, filling the charrs tanks with ammunitions, filling the copters with soldiers. Pact deploying perimeter defense cannons and some lighting cannons. Aurene was flying above shooting at some cracks in the ice to deploy ley lines, usable by the players to fly around. Some DERVS, flame effigies, sand effigies would have bee, around. The deldrimor dwarves, exalted and kodans would have allied to make powerful ballista filled with magical corrosive arrows to wound Jormag. When stun, everyone would run toward Jormag, hitting the head and the different parts.

After, Ryland is dumb dumb and shoot an arrow with the bow at Braham. (Braham avoid in a matrix move ka braham, and the arrow finally hit Primordius) Primordius become overpowered, super Saiyan aura. Lava and rocks start conquering more and more terrain, eating piece and piece of lands toward jormag. Jormag scream to ryland “We are losing it” Ryland shouts, and run toward Braham. “Not on my watch!” Braham run toward ryland filled with new powerful force, give a big punch in ryland face, take its bow back, and shot a very powerful fire magic charged arrow to jormag who catch it in the torso, passing completlety through it and bleeding blue blood. Jormag is bleeding heavily and start losing cohesion. Jormag die. Falling on the ground, dead. Braham shout “It is done. Prophecy is fulfilled” Ryland scream a big “NOOOOOOOO”. And slowly the corruption disappears from Ryland. He became grey. Through the ending is the same, he dies. Obstinate by its craziness. Bangar walk in, grey, cleared of its necklace. “He deserved better.”

There are strange magic and echos appearing in the airs reminding different events: Aetherblade, HoT, PoF. A flash. All gone. Here we go cantha.

THIS is how it should have ended. No. The end you are offering is unacceptable. And never I will forgive you about it. This is the drop that broke the vase. I was hesitating, but no it is confirmed, I WILL NOT GIVE YOU ANYTHING ANYMORE. I WILL NOT BUY EOD. I STOP PLAYING. TAKE IT AS A WARN. I hope you are happy to destroy the dreams of a kid that became adult hoping to see it’s favorite fire dragon in action. Simply removing it. Stopping any possibilities of further development.

I highly recommend Anet, and in fact, kinda force. To look at wooden potatoes analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnlrTvd7K_w really agree with its point of view.

But no. Primordius got ZERO development from you apart 15 mins of screentime.

1. -No new type or shape of foes since 2013. No GW1 wyvern doesn’t count.
  2. -No depths of Tyria, underground nor Primordius domain map.
  3. -Spitting on it saying it has no intelligence whereas sending coherent squads and objectives, naming its lieutenants. Aiming for strategic points.
  4. -No lore, no ruins, no dwarves nor asura origin exploration.
  5. -Killed in a stupid fight, by a lore breaking nuclear explosion caused by the annoying shiny dragon. Do you remember Thaumanova at least? What about chaos magic? Crucible of eternity maybe?
  6. -No evolutions of destroyer assault techniques nor landscape modelling since 2013. It is hard to create whirlwind appearing on the grounds, lava faults opening, seismic activity, ash falls, hard to breath air, fire elementals, Giant fire tornadoes, lava tidal?
  7. - IT WAS SAID AND RESAID BY YOUR CHARACTERS LIKE TAIMI THAT KILLING A DRAGON IS BAD. EVEN JOKO SAID IT. AND NOW? TOTALLY FINE TO CREATE NUCLEAR EXPLOSION AT THE LEFT OF A MAP CONTAINING KODAN SHIPS, NOT SO FAR FROM LION ARCH?
  8. -THE FRICKING SHINY DRAGON SAID IT DOESN’T WANT TO MOVE A CLAW THE EPISODE BEFORE, AND IT NUKED TWO DRAGON AT ONCE. IS THERE SOMEBODY HERE, CHECKING WHAT IS WRITTEN, READING THE WIKI ABOUT EACH EPISODE?
  9. -An asura councilor we don’t know a skritt above no say aw my bad was wrong to ally with jormag? What bad writing is that? Where is consistency?
  10. This is one of the big issue since the start of chapters, no additional dialogues, no talk options, in that last big fight instance, they just remain silent. Like all the main characters know how bad the story went and don’t even want to comment on it.

Jormag being built and described as manipulative and intelligent, somehow manage to become crazy the pre last chapter and suicide itself in the last one. NO, you can’t have a so big change of personality in two minutes.

Primordius who don’t care about the surface and was just swimming in lava like in a sauna, like a little fish bloup bloup. Somehow appeared just near Jormag, whereas, I have to remind, was located at the ring of fire. RING OF FIRE THE PREVIOUS EPISODE.

I found someone faster than sonic.

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ONCE IN YOUR LIFE ICE WINNING AGAINST FIRE?

Let's take pokemon.

Take two legendary, Dragon and Fire / Dragon and Ice how convenient: Kyurem and Reshiram. Who win?

The dragon type nullify fire and ice efficiency against each other. BUT ROCK, is efficient agaisnt ice, damage x2. Primordius, uses rock attack, like when primordius shew a giant lava rock. Or generate a lava and rock waves on ground. It is plus, illogical that in the final cinematic Primordius don't even tried to defend itself. Because some hit of stone claws, magma and rocks breath, breaking a giant geode on jormag head, and jormag is dead. You not only contradict yourself here Anet, but also what was shown in drizzlwood. There are shards of jormag blood everywhere, it makes no sense the outcome would be different. Jormag always tried to avoid dirrect fight, knowing it would lead to a lose.

But I will take a look at the finale rewards now:

I was hoping that tat least you would have finished chapters with a firework of good rewards. But disappointment. Eyes infusions that remind nothing of the respective elder dragons. Was hard to add lava rocks around a very bright fiery eye for primordius and ice crystals around a scary cold eye for jormag? Even the rewards are a letdown. Your release page image by the way is misleading and kinda fake advertising: The flowers of the hairs of the sylvaris look like part of the infusion! I take that as an insult, laughing at me, “see, your infusion will never look like this, haha!”

What about the cape? Another expensive grind fest: 10000 war supplies, 1000 chilli peppers, expensive stormcallers cores.

About the new decorations? Excuse me. The decoration. And it is expensive, only saw it at discount seal vendor for 100 seals… The ice token is also little expensive, but it is a good thing it covers a large space. Not gonna buy aurene token anyway, I hate aurene.

I have nothing more to say, and it isn’t bringing back the marionette like I read in the news that will make me forgive you. I’m leaving this story. I am not playing guild wars 2 anymore. Because you destroyed the last hope I was stick to, a Primordius/Asura expansion. What about SAB, Auris weirdbringer, Asura decorations for guild halls, giving turrets racial appearance, more things for RPers, housing, more dungeons, more choices of joining whatever you want, eveil organizations or not… well nothing. Eight year that one of my character wear inquest uniform has completed 100% collection of crucible of eternity, have all mark II weapons, have the outfit, have the glider, have the chair, has the symbol. Another one being suited like an aetherblade... 8 years I got rejected at Rata Sum inquest recruiting station.

I guess, good luck with your second human focus only expansion, another reason for me to not play it, it is again about humans. Since I know there is no Primordius anymore, don’t see any reason to play anymore. Sure would be a new place for me, haven't played gw1, but why playing it, if all your specializations, new makeover and hairstyles options are about humans, the new armors being for human, the new legendary being human themed? I only care about charr and asura.

You ruined Asura. You ruined Primordius. You ruined everything. When the interesting frost legion became interesting, you stopped the plot.

I am just crying on my keyboard at this point. Time to stop. I’m more disappointed than ever. Angrier that ever because I know you just don’t care about feeling nor anything or if your content is good or not whereas is should be your NUMBER ONE PRIORITY. You aren’t planning to change that story step. Like you ruined Lion’s Arch, Joko, Blish, Almorra, Forgal, Tybalt, Sieran, The steel warband, Smodur and now Primordius… I ask you to acknowledge those mistakes and fix that last one. But you will not do it, because you never return changing what you released, and this is your downfall.

IF YOU HAVE A MINIMUM RESPECT AND LOVE FOR YOUR GAME ANET, SAY AT THE END OF DRAGONSTORM THAT THE DRAGONS SURVIVED AND THAT IT WAS ONLY A PROJECTION GENERATED BY THEIR CHAMPIONS. METAPHORICAL FIGHT, THE MIND OF BRAHAM AND RYLAND FIGHTING.

OR REWORK DRAGONSTORM. THIS IS AN ABOBINATION.

I REALLY HOPE THAT LECONS ARE LEARNT.

Don’t continue working on an episode or anything if you know you will butcher it. Wait to have the resources and everything needed. What this game became…

I really was planning to buy deluxe edition with my money for EOD. Will be 0 Euros now from me.

My friends who initiated me to this game maybe made the good choice to leave before chapters. They haven’t seen the horror that was waiting for them, they were dragons lovers too.

What regrets do I have by leaving?

My other regrets it that I will never see SAB world 3 and 4 nor an Exo-suit skyscale. It hurt me deep in the heart, SAB could have been finished since a very long time. I will not come back, not for another colored weapons set and to see w3 and w4 doors still closed. Never will be able to wander in the street of old lion’s arch or in the depths of tyria. Thanks for giving me hopes, making me enjoy the game. Thanks for breaking them and making me quit.

Yeah, thanks, thanks to Josh Foreman who created SAB. Thanks to the amazing map designers. Thanks to the audio and VA teams. Thanks to the devs in charge of animation or cinematics. Thanks to the loading screen creators who are on a level as high as the sky. Thanks for the expansions and personnal story. and dungeons.

Thanks to the peoples who worked on the first half of LS4, and the second half of LS3 and on LS1 and its events. I will say finally, a thanks for the peoples who designed grothmar valley and Drizzlewood coast.

Just say it you aren’t going to finish SAB. I asked since a long time to see things coming back (ls1, breachmaker, marionette, nightmare tower, seeing the end of SAB, bringing back canthan district of Divinity reach, finish the maps that are non-finished like kourna.) Be sure when SAB will be finished, I will come back. But I don’t have the moral to see another fake promise. It was in 2014 or 2015 that SAB should have ended, finished. Not in 2025. Come on. 2-3 devs on it, sure it takes 1 year, but it is done. When there is a request, it is about seeing it next year, not when I am in the coffin. Yeah. Priority. See how living world priority led that icebrood saga. It is too late. I will not come back, even if the word marionette is written in the road map.

I created 10 characters. Had a lot of fun with them, progressing around Tyria, exploring every corner, discovering every specialization. Wanted to make some of them Primordius champions. (Where is my Primordysura?) Some other inquest agents. Another group being valorous soldiers. But no options, no right, no opportunities. Follow the pact character. Be it. Have no other choice. I just want to slap that character. We are a dragon champion too. If you want to kill dragons, kill Aurene too.

There is no honors or fame about how those two elder dragons died. This is bad, rushed work. I’m happy this map, dragonstorm isn’t shown on world map. Because it is the thing I don’t want to remember. Now I must make all my characters backstories citing icebrood saga as non-canon. Writing that this is just a nightmare. Bad release, not even armor pieces to make your character look like it was corrupted by one of those two elder dragon. Infusions so basic, doesn’t even deserve to be a meta achiev reward. Just a random 2g value loot. There isn't even an icy or rocky look about them, come on. Playing that to have, what, a shiny eye? Two major plot lines that was sent in the bin like a dirty paper. Disgusting? Yes. Disgusting.

If I were in a good mood would have put lot of happy and positive smileys around the text. But no. Nah, doesn’t even want to make a little joke to end this big text.

I discovered the balance patch note. Cool, less damages for my holosmith. Scrapper have more speed, and my favorite condition, retaliation is removed….

Hugo.4705. Aka Hadrian Eagleclaw. Primordius and Asura Lover.

Cya, will see again in the eternal alchemy or the mists, or somewhere else or in the grim of darkness of a far future, or during another non justified nuclear Fallout. It doesn’t pass this time. This is my story. Or, it WAS my story, please don't remove the post. 

How dare you! you should check your privilege ! go by a gem store skin and stop complaining about that amazing patch that concluded a 10 year ark! i bet you prefer anet didnt do anything at all! ungreatful!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

The Saga was always going to be a dumpster fire. Remember, they had a uselessly flashy launch event for the Saga, and promised us "expansion-like" content while only including the same old throwaway living world masteries and no plans for elite specs. I cannot fathom how anyone at the studio thought they could pull it off. I'll admit that the Saga had its few moments where I thought ANet could prove me wrong and deliver something epic enough to fill that "expansion-like" niche, but ultimately it ended just as it started: much fanfare for an empty shell of a product.

That said, I'm just glad the Saga is over. While the finale we just suffered through does close of a ton of interesting story paths, aside from that I think EoD can still deliver a quality experience. Lol I do think it's cute that OP writes about having 10 characters as if that's a lot.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 10:46 AM, Jilora.9524 said:

Pretty sure they removed it because people were insulting them in every which way they could and being entitled. You try getting yelled at constantly, all day, every day, and you'd get tired of it as well.

• Haha 3