HOUSING - WHY WE STILL DONT HAVE IT?

Yeah, some players dont care, and many just dont know the point because they never had the experience of a well developed housing system in another mmo. With that out of the way, lets also consider:

1. There is the demand. 

2. Its pretty much the last tradicional mmo feature missing in GW2.

3. The resources are there, you just have to create an ingame excuse for getting some empty spaces (HOUSES) inside the home instance and let us use scribing for ourselves instead of guild halls. Give the option to choose home instance or guild halls for every new scribing crafted item.

4. It creates space for a lot of new content through collections, activities we can do with friends inside our houses (minis battle game?), a way of showing our achievements with armories and trophies, and of course, CUSTOMIZATION that is one of the pillars of an mmo.

5. SCREW TENGU IVE BEEN WAITING HOUSING IN THIS GAME SINCE LAUNCH.

6. If you are not gonna do it, can you please explain us why not?

Regards,

A very disappointed player that insists giving a chance to a game that insists in wasting potential.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

Between housing and fishing, both are seen as side activities in MMOs so both have potential to be innovated in a more functional way. Housing is also infinitely more easily monetized than fishing. It would also make Scribe more relevant. I do wonder why they decided to go with fishing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Garamond.8542 said:

There is the demand. 

There’s demand for practically everything that’s requested. 

49 minutes ago, Garamond.8542 said:

Its pretty much the last tradicional mmo feature missing in GW2

And?  GW2 isn’t a traditional MMO so why should it try to replicate those?

50 minutes ago, Garamond.8542 said:

The resources are there, you just have to create an ingame excuse for getting some empty spaces (HOUSES) inside the home instance and let us use scribing for ourselves instead of guild halls. Give the option to choose home instance or guild halls for every new scribing crafted item.

There’s more to it than that and you could argue that there are resources already there for a lot of what players want. 

51 minutes ago, Garamond.8542 said:

It creates space for a lot of new content through collections, activities we can do with friends inside our houses (minis battle game?), a way of showing our achievements with armories and trophies, and of course,

It’ll create a space like guild halls did? /s

52 minutes ago, Garamond.8542 said:

SCREW TENGU IVE BEEN WAITING HOUSING IN THIS GAME SINCE LAUNCH.

And I’m sure those that want Tengu as a playable race could say the same thing about housing. 

52 minutes ago, Garamond.8542 said:

If you are not gonna do it, can you please explain us why not?

We’re not entitled to business/design decision explanations made by Anet. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Ayrilana.1396 said:

And?  GW2 isn’t a traditional MMO so why should it try to replicate those?

Similar things got said for mounts. Anet can do it the Anet way, and not have it be like other MMOs, who knows. I dont want it, but hey, they did fishing and i didnt want that either. *shrug*

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

From my experiences, housing kills communities because everyone goes to their house instead of a central hub (city) of sorts. While I’m not opposed to housing, as far as trophies and displays I love, I can understand the hesitation to add it for the reasons I stated.

Still, they added fishing, so you never know.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

From my experiences, housing kills communities because everyone goes to their house instead of a central hub (city) of sorts. While I’m not opposed to housing, as far as trophies and displays I love, I can understand the hesitation to add it for the reasons I stated.

Still, they added fishing, so you never know.

The real reason we probably don't have housing is Anet already killed this themselves with lounge passes. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Housing could work as an upgradable instance featuring sunspear refuge, home instance and eye of the north commodities: Using currencies to unlock crafting stations, gathering nodes, asura gate links, a jukebox golem, minigames like shattered observatory cosmic ball or golem chess or shooting target like in grothmar valley. Unlocking a training dps golem, unlocking a dj golem to play the music you want. Unlocking scribing station to decorate it. Scribe is upgraded to 500 to craft racial decorations. Open the scribe menu. Search the 5 main races names. You find only 2 decorations per race.

Add some dailies. 

It is way far more monetizable than fishing:

1- extand plot size for 600 gems!

2- change plot surrounding appearance for 600 gems!

3- gain more storage in your house vault, 600 gems!

4- bought pack of nps to trade dungeon currency, fractals, wvw or pvp shards, magnetite, 600 gems!

5- Change the appearance of your house, 600 gems!

6- Purchase texture sprays to edit the texture around! 600 gems!

7- Recruit packs of mercenaries to help you in fractals and dungeons or even raids if you want to go solo! 1000 gems the pack added in your home!

8- Jumping puzzle kit! Waypoints, start and end like silverwastes skritt jp you use flag! 1000 gems!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Housing could be implemented whenever; it's just a personal guild hall. Problem is, ArenaNet always wants to do things in a unique way and practically everyone else has already done it. The most obvious thing they could do is evolve skiffs into personal airships that would double as housing with customizable cabins.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Here’s what will happen if housing were added:

The majority would check it out with a significant smaller number actually doing anything with it. 

The cost of furniture, decorations, and so on would be expensive (other than for basic versions) and price out a lot of players. 

Practically all new things to add to your home instance after housing were released would come out of the gem store just like everything else in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

If housing is implemented, I hope they don't use (and I don't see how they could) the Home Instances.  Some Home Instances don't seem to have a lot of room. 

If it was in Home Instances, do you then have 5 different 'homes' to decorate/upgrade?  Must you buy/craft/loot an item 5 times, if you want it in any (all of the) Home Instance(s) you enter?  Etc. 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Confused 1

The only way I would like housing is if it meant I could build walls, windows, roofs etc like No Man's Sky.  Which means it would have to be a personal instance kind of like guild halls.  That I would really enjoy.   Ready made housing like in ESO is so boring.  "Here is your house, here is another one you can buy.  You can put a fish on a wall, make a bed, bookshelf.  All while confined to the house we determined." 

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Confused 1

I think the dream of housing died when we got Guild Halls. Not that I think it's a good idea to have personal housing anyways ... but that pretty much confirmed it to me. Where do your decorations go? The Guild Hall. Where do your guild bonuses get applied? The guild Hall. I mean, what would even go in a house in this game? Just trophies and the like? Stuff like crafting terminals and bank that we already have everywhere? What a waste of time. 

Anet would to have to come up with something REALLY clever to make personal housing a thing in this game and not make it like every other stupid housing approach in MMO's. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Because Guild halls exist and guilds should be the defacto "player housing" encouraging players to join a guild so they can customize their own space in it, and make it so guild halls have more to them than what they currently do. Personally the boating and fishing to me isn't even a factor into the expansion and isn't going to sell it to me. So far I likely wont buy (Based on what we've seen thus far.) 

As I suspected I'll be either in it for the E-specs or dipping out. So far what they showed was a pile of meh for me, housing like boating while neat I guess would be something I likely would never touch.

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Jin.8501 said:

Housing pulls a lot of people with fat wallets and GW2 needs both desperately 😂

So does lots of other things, so that's not really compelling reason for it. Again, everything wants to think housing is the great idea ... but what would it look like in GW2?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Games with housing tend to have the worst lag ever and heavy database needs, especially for people who use a house as storage and leave the game. I like the guild halls (although it would be nice for us introverts to upgrade without needing other people. *cough*). If there was one player instanced house in each capitol it might work, but having dozens in the world is going to ask for a lot of database maintenance and other stuff that many people might not want to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

The problem with player housing is that most players, I believe, want to show off their shiny new house to other players, both interior and exterior. The problem with allowing exterior modelling is that it takes up vast amounts of processing power to keep all that stuff modelled. Think about games like "Conan Exiles" or "Ark" that allow you to build your own structures. The more structures you build, the slower the game gets as the amount of objects that need to be rendered keeps going up. Now ramp that up to ridiculous levels as you have hundreds or perhaps THOUSANDS of players all wanting to have their own houses. Yes, there are probably some players who would be content with an instanced version of their own house interior. I suspect, however, that there are a lot of players who want the whole thing and wouldn't be satisfied with a half-baked version of the whole deal. Player housing sounds nice at first thought but when you really think about it, there's probably MUCH better uses of developer time that wouldn't end up turning this game into a slow slog.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1