On a scale of 1 to 10, what's your EOD hype?

For me it's a 5. I don't feel like it's bringing anything harmful to the game like WoW expansions do, but it's not bringing any huge game changer either.

I've not been impressed by anything I've seen so far, but I'm sure I'll enjoy playing the content when it's live and I'll have a good time.

The reveal just hasn't been as exciting as HOT or POF's ones were - for me at least.

What about you?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

Well let's see: non story instanced content is designed to be "challenging", the new e-spec for the class I'm playing is most likely nothing I care about, none of the currently revealed new "key features" of EoD interest me in the slidest, they said the OW design is based around what they learned from the previous expansions (namely HoT) which indicates that they didn't understand the cause for the replayability issues at all, not a fan of the gen 3 legendary weapon design but at least I can expect them to have matching SFX, they might have fixed some scaling issues (but we have to see about that one).

So overall: 4/10

Edited by Tails.9372
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 for me as well - I think the oriental aesthetic is rather played out in games and TV at this point. The only way it could have been more cliche is if they'd gone for a new retro sci-fi pink/neon/blue/black palette. I also vehemently dislike Aurene.

On the other hand, ANet brought us the rather brilliant HoT maps, so there's definitely hope to be had. I do like a proper challenge and I'm optimistic that we'll get something closer to HoT difficulty at launch instead of PoF's absolute cake-walk.

Edited by nosleepdemon.1368
  • Like 1

no raid, no fractal, no pvp (while gw 1  faction was all about it), no urgoz / the deep (elite missions from gw1 to cantha), no new profession, they disfigured the face of shing jea which was superb on gw1, no housing  (although it was the major addition that was missing in this game ), new legendary weapons  that looks like a basic black lion collection.

new feature: fishing and riding a turtle ...impressive, that's not what will revolutionize the game.

so no interest at all the only thing that motivates me at the moment is the images of echovald, I found it rather successful and close to  gw1

the rest is a disaster for me, there is absolutely nothing to save.   I have the hope that they have kept plenty of things to announce

and i also hope they don't turn kaineng city  and the jade sea into a paint pot

so: 2

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 5
  • Confused 9

6.5 -- just a bit above meh, since there are some things that will actually matter to me. The new specs mainly, since I primarily play wvw. They have not announced any other big changes to WvW - alliances so far are just the matchup changes.. they have not promised scoring, reward, mechanics or any other change that will shake it up.

Fishing will be okay while I am paying attention to other screens.

I'm not hyped yet. I'm not sure how I feel about what's coming so far. I don't really want a mount that requires 2 people. I like riding my mounts with just me. I don't know about the boats, but I'll probably like them if I can ride in them all by myself. I wish they'd add housing. That would be fun. 

• Like 2

Especially since PoF is not being offered with the preorder for EoD after PoF has been out for 4 years already. HoT was offered for free with PoF after just 2 years. They lost myself with good will for the game after HoT's train wreck release.

Milk the game until it is dead it seems. Wildstar says hi.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

Location: 8.  Love the idea of exploring new maps in Cantha.  Not really looking forwards to  the meta  events that are going to likely be overtuned for how casual the playerbase is despite the events being more straightforwards than even PoF's
Masteries: 4. Fishing?  Skiffs? Big War turtle? Meh. It's not a big seller like mounts were for PoF and it seems to lack interesting things so far that gliding had in HoT.
Content: 5. Saved only by CM Strikes but given the current track record with even strike missions, it's not looking too good.

Overall, 5.  It's closer to a 6 than it is to a 4, though.

• Like 1

5. Nothing they announced made me super excited, but nothing particularly disappointed me either.

This is a huge improvement for me though, throughout most of the Saga I was at a flat 0. Elite specs, despite the balance mess they always bring to spvp initially, are overall what I look forward to most, and since we're getting those my feelings about the game have recovered significantly. I'm completely unexcited about fishing, and very suspicious of skiffs. I do open ocean content in BDO quite a bit, because there are nice boats in that game and an actual sea. In contrast, Tyria is carved up into silly rectangles, and they can't really recreate the open ocean feel to the same extent that a no-loading-screen, single instance world like BDO can.

Basically, unless there's a new strike mission that allows 50 players to form an armada of skiffs crewed by teams of people attacking and bubbling their way across water towards a cool fight, I'm not seeing how GW2 sailing could interest me.

1, pvper here. And the only thing to look fowards to in this expansion is new classes, and that doesnt excite me and is certaintly not worth the 30 dollar price tag by it self.

Edit: apon further thought it could be worth 30 dollars with a character expansion slot. Well see how exciting ele will turn out to be, and that will probably decide wheather i get EOD.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 3

5. Only because we know we're getting elite specs and new map in bulk. The rest could easily be a living world update.

Fishing? Wow, let me hold my breath and wait until it's released. I'm so stoked.

It's 2021 and this game did mounts better than any other game so there's a slight hint of hope that fishing will be more. But let's face it, this game is on autopilot and advertising features that came with games from 2001 as highlight features. This is their big ticket? Fishing?

I'll buy the expansion either way at some point because they have a lot of talent, I just feel like they're all really burnt out with the game and ready to move on. To be fair they were "surprised" with an expansion and I'm sure people will be stoked about fishing for the 3 months its relevant and exciting, but after that it will die just like ascended cooking. 

Mmo's are  a dying breed in general. So much more money to be made with mobile games, and that's what matters in life, right, money? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3