Sorry we want land spears. Don't know what is focus.

medivh.4725

Not seen a battle fought using "Focus"? Have anyone? Thought I seen people carrying flags to battlefield. 

Anyway the notion of sea spear is very under used. Why don't Anet just allow sea and land spear be used on land and sea. 
It is the same spear, and make more sense if is used more. Also I think people likes big piece weapon as its visible. Then say compared to small daggers. 

If sea land spear can be shared in sea and on land, Anet part just has to design fight sequence, combos, and make sure effects is nice. That all. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

Not seen a battle fought using "Focus"? Have anyone? Thought I seen people carrying flags to battlefield. 

Anyway the notion of sea spear is very under used. Why don't Anet just allow sea and land spear be used on land and sea. 
It is the same spear, and make more sense if is used more. Also I think people likes big piece weapon as its visible. Then say compared to small daggers. 

If sea land spear can be shared in sea and on land, Anet part just has to design fight sequence, combos, and make sure effects is nice. That all. 

Magical focus?  Things you cast spells through?

Someone needs to brush up on their fantasy.

• Like 14

4 hours ago, Batel.9206 said:

"We" want land spears? Who's "we"?

I consider myself a person who wants spears as a new wepon category at land, as are probably some more people. Hence, using "we" is justified.

Edited by Imba.9451
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, medivh.4725 said:

You won't see real battles fought with a focus because it's a magic item and therefore only works if you can do magic.

They do exist in real life though, Neo-pagans, Wiccans and other groups use them in spells and rituals. Just like in GW2 a focus can be anything, the purpose is exactly what it sounds like - it's a way of focusing or channelling a spell - but crystals or wooden wands are popular.

As for spears they might be ok, but I don't understand why some people are so excited about them. For me it depends a lot on what skills they have - what do they add to the options we've already got? If it's virtually identical to an existing weapon then it wouldn't be worth the trouble but I'm not sure how they could be made different enough to the current options to be worthwhile.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, medivh.4725 said:

you think the spear is already in game and it just needs to be "allowed" on land, just like that? You are not exactly "computer savy" are you?

Also, no, you rarely see a "focus" in modern warfare. Might have something to do with mages really being a rarity on today´s battlefields.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

We're never getting new weapons lol.

If they introduced a new weapon, every class would have to get it to avoid that mountain made of salt which would appear as a result of only some classes getting it. 🤣

Not to mention all the BL weapon collections and achievements that would suddenly be incomplete...it would be a salt mine for completionists and fashionistas...😉

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Not to mention all the BL weapon collections and achievements that would suddenly be incomplete...it would be a salt mine for completionists and fashionistas...😉

Indeed! A new weapon would need to have all the previous skins from the get go!

It's the same reason we'll never get a new race, too much work for nothing.

5 hours ago, Algreg.3629 said:

Also, no, you rarely see a "focus" in modern warfare. Might have something to do with mages really being a rarity on today´s battlefields.

Also, no, you rarely see a "spear" in modern warfare. Might have something to do with our ancestors really being a rarity on today's battlefields. 😄

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

They do exist in real life though, Neo-pagans, Wiccans and other groups use them in spells and rituals. Just like in GW2 a focus can be anything, the purpose is exactly what it sounds like - it's a way of focusing or channelling a spell - but crystals or wooden wands are popular.

As are daggers, swords, and staves (staffs?), depending on the group/tradition in question.  For the latter two, likely used more often as a focus than a weapon in war, these days, except in historical re-enactments... and those staves are not usually the GW2 kind.  😉