What comes after the End of Dragons?

Marikus.1875

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Hopefully not! If I wanted to play a sci-fi game, I'd be playing something other than Guild Wars.

Something Spelljammer-like would definitely drive me away from GW2. The unfitting futuristic weapon and armor sets/outfits that have gradually been sneaked into the game over the years are bad enough and ruin the immersion as it is - no need for more such nonsense.

You mean anything Asura.

• Haha 2

Hoping against hope? Dominion of Winds expac with playable tengu.

Less 'out there' possibilities? HoT had a bit of a sylvari focus, while PoF had more of a human focus--we'll see what EoD ends up being like--so we ought to see some expansions focused on the other races. With the dragons gone, we could have underground or Far Shiverpeaks expansions with the asura and norn recolonizing their ancestral homelands, or have some new threat out of the east that takes us into the charr Blood or Ash Legion lands.

• Like 1

The future of GW2 is to free Tyria from the Mists.  The Infinity Ball has trapped Tyria in the Mists, and the Commander must free Tyria much like Arkk tried to free asura from the Fractals.  All the zones of Tyria are each stuck in a moment of time, and don't progress... The Commander needs to rebuild the Infinity Ball to properly shut down the effect, and allow all the maps to properly progress through time. 🤓

15 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

You mean anything Asura.

No, I don't, actually 🙂 - although I admit that the networking computer systems that were introduced with HoT and the annoying comm aparati we are carrying since Season 3 are definitely part of the problem. However, I find the aforementioned weapon and armor/outfit designs a lot worse.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Harak.8397 said:

As far as I am concerned, the map is gigantic: there is no need to re-thread  things and places from GW. As long as it's not outer space, the mysts or time travel, I'll be okay with anything. Let GW2 carve its own path going forward.

I agree. (Although I'd be fine with going into The Mists more as well.)

The most exciting thing about getting Cantha in EoD for me is that Anet will have exhausted all the GW1 areas and will have to do something new. I realise nostalgia sells but for me repeating areas and storylines I've already seen (and can see again any time I want since GW1 is still online) is far less interesting than going somewhere new.

I'm half expecting we will get a storyline revisiting the human gods or the Scepter of Orr or something else which has already been covered, but at least the maps should be new places.

• Like 1

The reign of Professor Yakkington will begin. All his plans have finally come true. The professor moniker turns out to be apt. Did you ever wonder about the dolyak with the rockets in Scarlet's secret lair? Would explain why the professor moved about so freely in GW 1. Or why we rescued dolyaks in the battle of Lions Arch? Why did Scarlet's mind break? Perhaps because she realized she was the pawn of such a simple looking creature. Who pays attention to the simple dolyak? Soon, we all will. All the signs are there.

Or, we might get a new festival out of it. I am good with either one of these.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Harak.8397 said:

As far as I am concerned, the map is gigantic: there is no need to re-thread  things and places from GW. As long as it's not outer space, the mysts or time travel, I'll be okay with anything. Let GW2 carve its own path going forward.

What if it is time travelling into outer space through the mysts?

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Sad 1

The entire eastern region of the world is completely unexplored, that's an easy 2 or 3 expansions for ANet to consider if they really just wanna focus on Tyria. What the story is though, I genuinely don't know. They played their entire hand with how big the Gods and Elder Dragons were that I'm genuinely curious what other threats could come up in Tyria. 

• Like 2

On 9/9/2021 at 7:07 AM, misterman.1530 said:

Nah nah. They'll be called:

Guild Wars 2 - The Dragon Awakens  <--- which will basically see the same plot as vanilla Guild Wars 2

Guild Wars 2 - The Last Dragon <--- which will butcher the story of a beloved hero and be largely incomprehensible in tone

Guild Wars 2 - The Rise of Dragons <--- New, secret Dragon powers, with dead dragons returning in ghost form

Did they hire the WoW story team recently?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Klowdy.3126 said:

Did they hire the WoW story team recently?

There is not enough cosmic manure to even remotely be on par with current WoW's story team.

Also, there hasn't been any transmedia narrative that's required to understand GW2's plot (except maybe Edge of Destiny, but you can understand there relations fairly well ingame without the book).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

There is not enough cosmic manure to even remotely be on par with current WoW's story team.

Also, there hasn't been any transmedia narrative that's required to understand GW2's plot (except maybe Edge of Destiny, but you can understand there relations fairly well ingame without the book).

Fine, underpaid WoW story team.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Lol, you have to read what I quoted. The way those fake expansions were laid out read just like the rehashed crap WoW has been pulling for years. It was a joke about an outrageous hypothetical. 

• Like 1