What will you stop doing to fish?

trouble.3562

I'll probably fish when I'd otherwise be mindlessly flapping around the guild hall while I chat with people, at least some of the time. Outside of a collection or a need for Chef ingredients, I don't see myself prioritizing it over other kinds of gameplay.  It'll be nice to have another possible activity for lazy socializing time, though.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, trouble.3562 said:

What will you stop doing to fish?

pve

wvw

pvp

If it is a highly time consuming feature, will you do it if it is not $$ rewarding?

I was just wondering! 

ty.

I might make the effort to get in on any money making to be had, but usually there are just so many more people, with way more time than I have, and I end up ignoring it outside of what I want. If the mechanics of the whole thing are interesting, like the way they did the mount system, then I might spend more time on it. 

• Confused 1

Not skipping anything for fishing unless they make it a means to a meaningful end, such as some really beneficial food effects, achievements that lead to a unique skin, ascended/legendary items, map/story completion, etc.  I'm in the middle of grinding legendary armor, I don't have much idle time!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, miraude.2107 said:

Waiting for meta? Fish. Waiting for bounty I need to pop on the board? Fish.

This got me thinking. Instead of waiting up by the Hylek Turrets for Tequatl, people will be down by the water, right where it lands.

"There's something in the water!"

Mad dash inland so as not to get landed on.

ArenaNet, please make a fishing spot right behind Tequatl. It'll give me something to do back there as I endlessly try and fail to get the last achievement I need.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, HowlKamui.5120 said:

They implemented it very similarly to my favorite game with fishing which is Stardew Valley. If the gold per hour with fishing is decent and repeatable, I will probably drop everything for a while and just keep fishing 😅

Out of pure curiosity, now that you have seen the feature, how much gold per hour do you feel this system should generate?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

It looks a lot better than most people in chat thought. Personally, I love it. The fact they made them not disappear when you're not in/on them is what sold it for me. It's also fast enough to not replace the Skimmer AND the fact you're more easily able to jump in and out than it is to mount up has me very happy.

I'm just going to enjoy doing it everywhere I go on the side.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

Out of pure curiosity, now that you have seen the feature, how much gold per hour do you feel this system should generate?

Purely on a gold per hour point of view (not taking into account achievement hunting)

I would love it if it's around 15-30 gold per hour, depending on Fishing Party buff (so it's better to run it with a party). This is of course when ideal rotations are figured out.

For reference, the best repeatable solo farm is Icebound Chests at around 30 gold per hour. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Taelac.7036 said:

I'll probably fish when I'd otherwise be mindlessly flapping around the guild hall while I chat with people, at least some of the time. Outside of a collection or a need for Chef ingredients, I don't see myself prioritizing it over other kinds of gameplay.  It'll be nice to have another possible activity for lazy socializing time, though.

Same here.  

I will spend much less time running in a circle over and over while talking to friends.  I wish there was a counter to see how many circles I've ran; it has to be in the tens of thousands at least.

But then again, running in a circle is a long-standing MMO tradition.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, HowlKamui.5120 said:

Purely on a gold per hour point of view (not taking into account achievement hunting)

I would love it if it's around 15-30 gold per hour, depending on Fishing Party buff (so it's better to run it with a party). This is of course when ideal rotations are figured out.

For reference, the best repeatable solo farm is Icebound Chests at around 30 gold per hour. 

You honestly feel that highly passive minigame is worthy of better gold than some of the more popular farms?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, mindcircus.1506 said:

You honestly feel that highly passive minigame is worthy of better gold than some of the more popular farms?

Icebound chests are more passive than fishing yet it's among the best gold farm in the entire game. You just run up to a chest and hit it open.

Edited by HowlKamui.5120
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1