The Forum's "confused" reaction [Merged]

misterman.1530

On 9/13/2021 at 5:05 PM, Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

Some people are giving my previous post a confused emoji. This is not acceptable and I have this to say about it. 

Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system!  Help! Help! I’m being repressed!” 

lol. 

Strange posters residing in forums distributing confused emojis is no basis for a solid system of government!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 5

27 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Someone went trololo and reacted to any of the posts here with "Confused".

I see it more like how lazy people have become and with just a press of a "button" now can express something without even thinking through what that post they use an emote (emoji) on is about. Those people which make use of emotes here on forum can now anonymously get some kind of  "points" by using ambivalent symbols without having to motivate why they even picked that symbol in the first place.

Over the years I have been using Internet (aka form the era of modems), I have seen how people all too often use one liners on forums and Social Media platforms instead of  forming an argument or even taking time to explain their line of thought. Emote is part of that reduction of language into something where the other part in a dialogue have very little chance of control on how and in which direction a discussion will go.

ANet (on the old forum site) had some limitation which triggered kitten to show as replacement or didn't allow post to be uploaded to forum if they where just one "word" or too short of a sentence and some people made that into an art to get around that forum limitation. Emote is to a large degree the same thing as it is fast, don't even show who posted that emote and still have an impact on how poster will be reflected by other posters (or forum community).

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437
  • Confused 10

• 1 year later...

I typically use it when the post I'm reacting to is just plain stupid to the point that I don't understand how someone can have such a whacked opinion on the subject.

When you don't give a downvote button for stupidity, you use the next best thing; because sometimes the snowflakes just need to know when everyone thinks they're wrong.

• Like 5
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1