New Warrior Elite Spec: Bladesworn

Grand Marshal.4098

2 minutes ago, Broxxgar.6801 said:

Seem more the design behind of Berserk xD.

I dunno, combination of gunplay and sword play, and calling something a "dragon trigger" definitely seems to pull a page out of Devil May Cry (not that that's a bad thing), also reminds me of Nero's playstyle where you rev up your sword

[revving intensifies]

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Well... I don't know if it's the trailers that aren't expecially thrilling or me but both revenant and warrior trailers fail to meet even the sligthest of my expectation. The idea of having an e-spec revolving around a riffle-greatsword is just ridiculous.

Considering all the things in the game currently, it’s comical that this is just ridiculous to you. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, sneakytails.5629 said:

Awww man......no dual pistols.

I just hope its not saddled with long casts/aftercasts. Was hoping for at least MH pistol with this gunblade contraption.

Dragon trigger visual tell and long cast has me worried. Unless if it's busted with stab, protection and other defensive mechanics to allow for cast. Otherwise, I don't see it doing well (unless the skill is op) when Savage Instinct and Full counter (take no dmg animations) have less cast time and offer so much. 

33 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier...I couldn't bring myself to read 8 pages.

They mentioned "flow" several times in the video. I wonder if that will be a new "resource" like adrenaline? If so, will it replace adrenaline, or be in addition to it?

Could just be flavor. We will see on Friday.

2 hours ago, sneakytails.5629 said:

Awww man......no dual pistols.

I'm trying to work out what weapon it pairs with....
Currently im seeing a shot and a back step, something more suited to keep distance when you have a ranged weapon also in your mainhand.
It might work with sword but sword I always found to be really janky, clunky and sluggish. Axe could work but has 0 gap closers other than axe throw to cause cripple. Then we have Mace which has no synergy with most weapons.

Pistol really should have been main hand at bare minimum but theme wise both main and offhand. Warrior has a very predictable toolset, offhand only will still keep the predictable state of the warrior.

I was really looking forward to coming up with many builds using both mainhand and offhand pistol for warrior to be heavily dissapointed to only see offhand and a spec that barely brings anything new to warrior (in terms of what it can not already do(warrior still can not use a 1 handed ranged weapon eve with this spec, offhands do not count)).

(Emoji monkies, quote what you are confused about so things can be explained or forever remain ignorant)

Edited by Smoosh.2718
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Let's hope we get actual good utilities. Utilites and traits with sustain, damage mitigation and overall performance in duels and teamplay. I'll be really depressed if we got an A tier espec. Our best class in competitive is Spellbreaker which has a low A tier ceiling. S tier this time, Anet.

S. Tier. Only.

I don't want an S tier espec for a few months and then its nerf city. No, S tier and let it stay S tier no matter what other classes say. Tweak this or tweak that, so be it. We don't have any S tiers anymore. We need the espec to be S tier and stay that way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

Let's hope we get actual good utilities. Utilites and traits with sustain, damage mitigation and overall performance in duels and teamplay. I'll be really depressed if we got an A tier espec. Our best class in competitive is Spellbreaker which has a low A tier ceiling. S tier this time, Anet.

S. Tier. Only.

I don't want an S tier espec for a few months and then its nerf city. No, S tier and let it stay S tier no matter what other classes say. Tweak this or tweak that, so be it. We don't have any S tiers anymore. We need the espec to be S tier and stay that way.

Not happening. You're basically asking for a better spellbreaker. A better spellbreaker is made by simply improving Spellbreaker, not having new spec do same but better.

As far as i know warrior has only 2 major gaps among all of it's specs - no main healer spec, and lack of good AoE which is prolly intrinsic to profession's design. From the short teaser it looks like it's the latter that's getting addressed.

10 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

A better spellbreaker is made by simply improving Spellbreaker, not having new spec do same but better.

That ain't gonna happen. They've been thorough in stating that they are satisfied where warrior is at the moment. There is no going back for anet and bothering with improving anything. Might as well leave that idea alone. SB will remain low A tier. That's why I hope this espec can replace what's been neglected within older especs and core in some kind of game mode. It doesn't have to be all. But at least one game mode where it can thrive.

17 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

As far as i know warrior has only 2 major gaps among all of it's specs - no main healer spec, and lack of good AoE which is prolly intrinsic to profession's design. From the short teaser it looks like it's the latter that's getting addressed.

I don't know if they'd simply give us an AoE based espec and expect it to be satisfactory. Everyone kept saying warrior should get support because it makes sense or its what's lacking or missing. That doesn't mean it'll happen. Same with your logic here. Just because you see a pattern, it doesn't mean its good game design or where the direction Anet wants to take warrior by implementing the next "logical" thing. That sort of calculative approach isn't creative.

8 hours ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Dragon trigger visual tell and long cast has me worried. Unless if it's busted with stab, protection and other defensive mechanics to allow for cast. Otherwise, I don't see it doing well (unless the skill is op) when Savage Instinct and Full counter (take no dmg animations) have less cast time and offer so much. 

Kind feels HoT and PoF specs will be hammered down cause while EoD class is doing an animation of a skill, current classes we have will manage to burst a full bar of skills,  holo, power scrapper, reaper even core range only needs autos to kill a Willbended, so far only harbringer can be a challange carried by the condi spam, but still i think can be almost nulified its presense.

18 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Kind feels HoT and PoF specs will be hammered down cause while EoD class is doing an animation of a skill, current classes we have will manage to burst a full bar of skills,  holo, power scrapper, reaper even core range only needs autos to kill a Willbended, so far only harbringer can be a challange carried by the condi spam, but still i think can be almost nulified its presense.

Well I imagine the trade off is that it can be used both defensively and offensively, but we will see how well it will be implemented. Now it would be cool if it was an actual iaijutsu and the animation ended with the blade seathed (from an animation aspect). Otherwise I expect a similar behavior to Willbender's F2 Resolve.

So I don't want to be that guy, but I don't like the gunblade look, and would really like to be able to skin over it with something like Belinda's great sword or something, I also am going to assume that the warrior is going to only be able wield a pistol in their off hand, to which I'm a little disappointed cause weapon based mastery is kind of the warriors whole deal. So if you can't wield a pistol in your main hand then that feels kind of weird to me. But hey the developers have their plans and now we're going to be seeing a bunch squall cosplayers in game so I look forward to seeing what they come up with next. GJT ^ ^ see you all in game^ ^

3 hours ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

That ain't gonna happen. They've been thorough in stating that they are satisfied where warrior is at the moment. There is no going back for anet and bothering with improving anything. Might as well leave that idea alone. SB will remain low A tier. That's why I hope this espec can replace what's been neglected within older especs and core in some kind of game mode. It doesn't have to be all. But at least one game mode where it can thrive.

I don't know if they'd simply give us an AoE based espec and expect it to be satisfactory. Everyone kept saying warrior should get support because it makes sense or its what's lacking or missing. That doesn't mean it'll happen. Same with your logic here. Just because you see a pattern, it doesn't mean its good game design or where the direction Anet wants to take warrior by implementing the next "logical" thing. That sort of calculative approach isn't creative.

Imagine getting a support spec with staff which would fit the leading role of a zerg (like in WvW) MUCH better than a spec that spams magic and vomits boons (literally).

Ridicoulus right?