Next week will be EoD launch, Are you excited?

anduriell.6280

Just wanted to share next week it will be the EoD launch. Untamed and spirits aside the expansion will bring a bunch of new content and new classes, new runes and stats,  pets and builds to fight against and play on the soulbeast. 

Aside of all the new PvE content,  even if the elite doesn't work out rangers main at least will get the new pets which is at least some new content for PVPers . In that we are in a better position than other classes and a reason to look forward the expansion.

Edited by anduriell.6280

• anduriell.6280 changed the title to Two weeks to EoD launch, Are you excited?

I still think untamed has potential and look forward to it.

The spirit change will most likely just kill the last spot druid has outside of meme PvP/WvW builds. Maybe it opens up a druid rework that is badly needed for years at this point but ANet hasn't shown any motivation for ranger reworks... 

The pets sound fun hopefully they can hold up to it (and not be killed by old pet bugs..).

• Like 4

I am rly hyped with untamed, in both betas i got some good stuff in pvp working and when the bugs are fixed (unleashed skills) i think i gonna be an untamed main for a few weeks/month 

Nothing really special but this i what i wanted as class rework for Ranger and they made it. 

It might be the first real grieving Ranger that's gonna be more than viable 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miellyn.6847 said:

I still think untamed has potential and look forward to it.

The spirit change will most likely just kill the last spot druid has outside of meme PvP/WvW builds. Maybe it opens up a druid rework that is badly needed for years at this point but ANet hasn't shown any motivation for ranger reworks... 

The pets sound fun hopefully they can hold up to it (and not be killed by old pet bugs..).

Druid...CC bot and Anet seams fine with it sadly.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

It's hard to look all that much forward to the expansion when, Elden Ring release three days prior (absorbing all the excitement I'm capable of producing) and Arenanet has made thoroughly sure to kill my entire interest of the expansion, by basically replacing everything that made me like about Cantha with toxic green tech.

However, Untamed was decently fun to play in the betas.

• Like 1

I still care about the story, mount and the maps so I'm hyped. 

Even if untamed is bad, it will be buffed/reworked after a while so not a big deal and the beta state was enough to play it at least for a bit in story/open world (also I'm still interested what they changes post nd beta). As for the spirits: it's better to try and make ranger better in all groups rather than doing completly nothing.

Also I'm curious about the pets.

• Like 1

I feel like most of the new specs are more geared towards pve and potentially strikes since that is content they are pushing. 

Untamed just add way more option unlike soulbeast which arguably removed your pet in favour of better stats and self buffs. 

With the extra options untamed can remove potential problems or help allies. With the changes comming to spirits they could become a really interesting support.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

The spirit changes might kill druid but could open up dps options for core and sb. Im not particularly excited for the untamed but the pvp shake up is enough for me to buy the expansion.

nah I don't trust Anet to have good intentions at hand and make spirits to be usable outside from raids. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/14/2022 at 3:09 AM, anduriell.6280 said:

Just wanted to share we are just 2 weeks away from EoD launch. Untamed and spirits aside the expansion will bring a bunch of new content and new classes, new runes and stats,  pets and builds to fight against and play on the soulbeast. 

Aside of all the new PvE content,  even if the elite doesn't work out rangers main at least will get the new pets which is at least some new content for PVPers . In that we are in a better position than other classes and a reason to look forward the expansion.

I apologize, not sure what you’re trying to say?

Do mean that it’s ok if Untamed is awful, because we get new pets for Soulbeast? And that pets are real pvp content and those pets put us in a better position than every other EOD spec? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I play 3 professions only: ranger -guardian and ele.....Untamed is the only reason I am buying EoD, I had very very good results with it in PvP and will surely get better results in wvw once I can play around with stats, I really like the hammer , how it feels in terms of damage and utility and that AoE projectile block will make life that much easier against condi pewpew renegade, quickness scrappers , condi deadeyes/core ....plus I had so much fun teleporting the pet on top of people trying to kite the pet behind a wall lol. Yeah I am looking forward for Untamed...if not for it, I'd stick with SB-core-druid for another 4-5 years and don't touch EoD even with a 10m long pole

• anduriell.6280 changed the title to Next week will be EoD launch, Are you excited?

Yes, untamed is a point of major interest for me. I'm a necro main and very on board with what my profession offers - strong sustain, boon hate and varied builds.

Untamed is clearly a result of rangers doing a tag-team with us necros. You guys finally get real boon hate which is crucial in competitive and will most likely play a role in new strikes (also high end fractals).  Additionally you double down on gameplay centered about debilitating foes. Tons of cc, benefits from hitting a cc'd opponent, more slow, more weakness, more poison. Again very much up our necro alley.

On the other hand you still get to keep core ranger goodies that us necros lack - skills with evade frames, gs block, pet, complete direct damage immunity with signet of stone and who knows what else once a-net reaveals what spirit rework will be about.

My excitement depends on the changes made to the e-specs. If the mech still is not usable under water, I probably might not even bother to log in.

Untamed.... I hope they give it more active defense. If not, it seems underwhelming as a tank spec.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 1