What was GW2's peak era for you?

EoD story. HoT story was better than core's, PoF story was better than HoT's, and EoD story was better than PoF's. The expansion stories just keep getting better!

The Living World stories is a bit harder for me to enjoy because I played most of them as they were released (not LWS1, I joined after HoT), so  I had to wait in between story episodes. It was a little hard for me to remember what happened in the past episodes and to keep everything together in my head. I don't enjoy replaying stories either, so the second play-through is never as good. But the expansions stories are amazing!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

HoT until head of the snake.  W1 -3 were all a good narrative arch, episode 1  drew from that arch. Generally the story was interesting until the rian johnson style twist with the last Mursaat.  

Balthazar's whole arch is confusing and made no sense to me, and now with the soo won and ibs archs, show Balthazar was right the whole time.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

HoT until head of the snake.  W1 -3 were all a good narrative arch, episode 1  drew from that arch. Generally the story was interesting until the rian johnson style twist with the last Mursaat.  

Balthazar's whole arch is confusing and made no sense to me, and now with the soo won and ibs archs, show Balthazar was right the whole time.  

After the mess that was EoD, I’d love to go back to Draconis Mons just a few minutes too late..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

Joko was maybe the best vilain GW2 ever had, and Kralkatorrik was the only Elder Dragon that genuinely felt like a massive dragon and a proper, destructive force of nature.

What do you mean, "maybe" ?!?

15 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Core Tyria at launch when I was a noob (new game smell!),

I can back that. But ultimately, for me, it was S4, both in itself and because that's when I came back to the game after having quit sometimes during S1.

Different elements at different times in the game's lifespan appeal to me for different reasons so this is hard to answer. I guess I will go with pre-launch, before I realized how much of what I loved about GW1 was discarded, to launch. WvW really was a blast when no one really knew what they were doing.

• Like 1

Having played in every single GW2 era, I'd say mid PoF. The zones were beautiful and varied, the mount masteries were fun to unlock and actually felt useful and interesting, the LW content was on fire and PoF felt more alive with endless bounty trains. They're still there just a bit less since people hang around in EoD as well now.

Edited by Pheex.8932
  • Like 1

Heart of Thorns and LW4. Special mention to early IBS.

HoT meta events are still entertaining to this day. The soundtrack is great and the Elite specs were far enough removed  from the theme of the expansion to allow them to be both creative and original.

• Like 1

I don't think GW2 ever had a real peak but HoT pvp was definitely the most enjoyable and was still alive back then so I guess I go with HoT, though for pve I think it only got worse in open world. That whole xpac was just annoying af to travel though. They've continued the trend as well... every zone has 9000 elevations and horrendous layout.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think for me it might actually be coming up. I'm not that fussed about balance changes, they come and go and I'll adjust to whatever the game gives me. I still kind of miss rangers having ground-targeted traps, but I've found alternatives which work.

But what I'm looking forward to is when we get to the end of Season 1 and, finally, the entire Elder Dragons storyline will be in the game and playable from start to finish. I know the Southsun Cove arc will still be missing from Season 1 and some of the little bits which tied the festivals and other permanent releases into the main story, but at least the main storyline will be complete.

Also the fact that the Elder Dragon storyline is done and we've been back through Elona and Cantha means there's a good chance that in the near future we're going to get something completely new. I'm hoping Season 6/Expansion 4 will take us to parts of Tyria we've never seen before.

• Like 2