New Trade skill(s) for upcoming expansion

Drake.1840

Fishing would be cool, but there is so much that can go wrong. The mini game is boring, the feature is implemented in a superficial way, it is not rewarding in any way. I think Fishing would need to at least have Trophies that you can then actually put up on a Wall, i.e. we need a real Housing feature.

If Fishing is just going to be a few more AP's with some hohum minigame, then bleh.

I've seen a lot of variations on fishing in games and never found one I enjoyed. At best it's a tolerable mini game to do until I've gotten the reward/s I needed and then never again, or so quick and simplified that it doesn't really count as an activity (the equivalent of gathering from crafting nodes in GW2). I've never seen a version I actually enjoyed and wanted to do more than absolutely necessary. So if they added an adventure where you're fishing, or fish gathering nodes where you push F, see a short animation and then you've got a fish I'd be ok with it, but anything else would probably fall into the middle ground where it's not worth the hassle and I'd rather just ignore it, in which case I hope it's something I can ignore and not required for anything.

I'd love to get my own siege turtle, but that seems unlikely since one of the things we know changed after GW1 is the Luxons and Kurzicks were forced to fully integrate into Canthan society, so their unique traits are probably gone by now. (Also siege turtles are massive, so I'm not sure that would be practical.) Whatever we get I'm sure it will be related to Cantha in some way, but we don't really know what Cantha is like now so it's hard to guess.

Fishing would be nice.If they do their studies on fish behaviour or hire an expert, it could very entertaining. I'd love to see different fishing tools and methods, from boat or beach etc. Finding your combination of reel and rod..Depending on tool, different skills shows up and you can release or reel the line.. It would definitely be a new mini game, maybe organize competitions?And then you cook that fish. I'm hungry...

ConstructionWe already collect lots of materials that have dual purposes, which could also be used in construction.

I imagine the craft would primarily be used in our Home Instance. I'm sure the devs could come up with any number of items, that we could use there, e.g., an interactive bookcase, one we can actually store books in, or an interactive display case to store trophies.

Crafting disciplines you mean? If fishing will be introduced as a mastery you won't see any new ones, unless they invented a new valuable consumable category of items that are worth trading like the Artisan who can craft musical instruments, toys, minis and other novelty items and consumables. However, fishing could work as a crafting discipline if the crafting is not exclusively focused on fishing poles and hooks.

Revitalizing Jeweller and Scribe before adding another one. Those are kind of problematic though.

Scribe 500 could make sense for personal player housing, but leaves the path to that open (e.g. will the player be able to place existing decorations in the personal housing space from the start, or does he need extra "renovation passes" that can only be crafted with Scribe 400+)Jeweller 500 is another tricky thing, because LS tokens & vendors already cover the ascended trinket acquisition. When EoD comes out, even somebody that doe snot have enough of those tokens will have stacks at hand to outfit his/her characters.

@"moony.5780" said:They are called Mastery :)But fishing would be cool!

Mabye also climbing?

I would love to climb, it reminds me of Zelda Botw, also I think that it solve the problems of having "flying mounts" to simplify too much the exploration. For some regions, to access you would have need of masteries that allows you to climb a certain height that skyscale and springer are not able to pass throught. Great idea, I hope they thought about it :D.