Engineer is currently destroying WvW. Please consider nerf it ASAP.

noneHotBuildTest.7251

Mechanist  solo the keep lord  without siege! 

Engineer is not just OP!  It's borken.

Celestial holosmith has a quite easy combo also has very strong sustain.

Rocket Turret Scrapper 1 shot everything.

Mechanist 1 shot everything with autoattack. its completely broken

Engineer show how the balance devs are so bad ...... Pls nerf it ASAP.

Edited by noneHotBuildTest.7251
new evidence
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 3

• noneHotBuildTest.7251 changed the title to Engineer is currently destroying WvW. Please consider nerf it ASAP.

Yes, all those afk players sure are putting up a serious fight.

Holo is still strong in a skilled players hands, mostly due to high utility.

As far as scrapper, power scrapper lacks serious survival against opponents which actually fight back and dodge. Yes, it does have high burst potential but is hardly unbeatable.

Power rifle Mechanist, 1 reflect. Done.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

See this is why I main a core p/p engie: the elites are just no-skill mash-to-win bag harvesters /s. I like the feeling of accomplishment I get when I bring down anyone, you know like finishing a marathon in leg-irons..

Edited by Jaruselka.5943
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

If you think Engineer is destroying WvW, just wait until you fight Cele Harbinger. 

But for the sake of productive conversation. If you REALLY hate those rifle engis and want to make them suffer for their sins. Just play Cele Tempest. 

Here is the build I use. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGiEgEWWArj5xaYo45KZ1WB-zxIY1opvQyMQ6tI6OBk/gEEbg3yWPbA-e

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Every class has some serious cheese, it's not just engi. (mechanist engi you used the video from) 

There are so many cheese builds that will counter or hard counter it's not just engi. i mean look at cele harb, 1 shot condi virtuoso, deadeye, DH test of faith trueshot, FA ele (but not really because it's hard to master), Currently i am seeing some serious bladesworn builds that are spicy, reaper is big ouch, ranger longbow, revenant mega burst if you are playing anything squishy.

it's not just engi. don't fall for the flavor of the month anger post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

one way to balance some of the skill ic bursting and doing big pi can be reflected , absoerved or even blocked  if well timed.

Can u guys imagine if more players played more builds that have more tools that could counter some of the big hits rather then "8 dps skills"? 

Its is a melee build doing very strong DPS... note melee.... OKi'sh some hits m8 be a bit to much but i think that can be discussed for a better trade off system rather than ask nerf this and that, maybe less boon duration while not having boon duration stats to make builds harder to play but rewarding in some way those who can.

Range skills have counters.... ok already fixed.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

This is cretinous. I'm assuming this is a joke. Engineers are ruining? Have you faced all the cheese builds, that still seem to be untouched. Mechanist is fine, you can burst now like the other medium builds, but your zerk armour will be paper thin after the reflect or dodge. I'm an elderly player with ailing eyesight, used to pressing all buttons to get same level damage as a few press classes. I suddenly get a few press Engineer build and the whining starts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 4

Most of these gimmicks don't have much condi clear so if you wear cele or TB you will often survive and not get added to the montage until they run you down with a group and try to make it look as such. 😄 But sometimes you may go afk and stuff happens.

Then they say nerf toughness or whatnot. xD

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Confused 1

I agree that Mechanist Rifle Damage is too high. I spun one up yesterday and have been doing some serious DPS with it. 

Just need to tone down the Mechanist Rifle Autoattack damage (or speed)...e.g. scale it down.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bias.4306 said:

I agree that Mechanist Rifle Damage is too high. I spun one up yesterday and have been doing some serious DPS with it. 

Just need to tone down the Mechanist Rifle Autoattack damage (or speed)...e.g. scale it down.

The rifle is a core engineer weapon... and the speed has already been nerfed, it lasted a few days.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Rifle itself is fine. It is a weapon without much defense. It needs dmg. The problem are more procs, (passive) boons, mech and/or nade dmg dmg on top, which results in very obnoxious builds. But then again, not that much different from old nade spam or ft builds. The class has been carried by procs, boons and skills that escaped the big nerf patch for quite a while.

Still, the gold medal for being the most broken small scale spec goes to (cele) harbinger. Which btw should eat rifle engis alive.

• Like 7

I am not sure that first video said anything OP to me, I was expecting to see quick takedowns versus extended fights. If anything it showed one side packing more defensive traits than the other side was set for and just wearing them away. This is how we ended up with that Feb nerf patch. We don't need any more massive nerf hits, we still need to bring back up the skills that are both CC and damage and address the traits that have excessive cooldowns and get something else in their spots since it leaves those trait lines with just 1 less choice. But that's my 2 cents. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, XECOR.2814 said:

That fire rate is toxic and if you don't see that then you are either a noob or biased.

I will take that bait. I have run that build and its not the end-all be all. The OP showed it's slow to take down compared to other builds and needs sustain to whittle down its enemy. Since leggo armor re-ran it some tonight on an toon and its still slow. No, its got a lot of counters, play it yourself and see. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I will take that bait. I have run that build and its not the end-all be all. The OP showed it's slow to take down compared to other builds and needs sustain to whittle down its enemy. Since leggo armor re-ran it some tonight on an toon and its still slow. No, its got a lot of counters, play it yourself and see. 

read comment again, i said its toxic not op.

• Confused 4

On 7/5/2022 at 11:41 AM, noneHotBuildTest.7251 said:

Celestial holosmith has a quite easy combo also has very strong sustain.

Using videos to prove your claim is unserious. First, the videos exits to show the uploader's skills. As such, they're self selective and they end up showing the optimal situations where they look good. Even with a cursory glance I can see that the first video is a tapestry of moments rather than one long unedited sequence that really shows what the capabilities of a Celestial Holo are. As such it's utterly useless to use a supportive claim foir anything other than the uploader wanted to show how awesome they are.

People always share stories of their success with others. They rarely share stories about their failures unless it can make them look good somehow.

Edited by Malus.2184
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7