I HAAAAAAAAAAATE THAT DARN TURTLE!!!

HeIIica.2945

The worst mount in the game.  It is toooo big!!  It blocks the view, even though they made that 'kind of' see-though thingamajig, but throw together a freaking turtle party on a big boss, and that is all you see....a big mass of turtles.....and worse thing.....oooo...ooooo....the worst thing........you are fighting a big boss....really kicking boss butt....and BAM!!!  Kidnapped!!! And you are in the butt end of a freaking turtle!!!! (or should I say turtlenapped?)

Edited by HeIIica.2945
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 15
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, HeIIica.2945 said:

The worst mount in the game.  It is toooo big!!  It blocks the view, even though they made that 'kind of' see-though thingamajig, but throw together a freaking turtle party on a big boss, and that is all you see....a big mass of turtles.....and worse thing.....oooo...ooooo....the worst thing........you are fighting a big boss....really kicking boss butt....and BAM!!!  Kidnapped!!! And you are in the butt end of a freaking turtle!!!! (or should I say turtlenapped?)

Why would you use f while fighting?

Only people who get kidnapped are bots at farming spots.

• Like 6
  • Haha 16
  • Confused 1

and I thought I was alone... I really hate that stupid giant pile of kitten.

When I returned to the game a few months ago I couldn't remember my log-in info, so I tried a with a free account. One of the first thing I noticed was that gigantic monstrosity and I was like WAT? Then while doing the first event I found, I couldn't figure out why auto-loot was not working so I just keep spamming "F" to loot everything and then this idiot literally keep standing right over me to force me to enter his stupid mount (he obviously knew new players are forced to use "F" all the time)!

and that kittening kitten covering the whole screen while doing group content... 😠

Edited by Arianth Moonlight.6453
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

Why would you use f while fighting?

Only people who get kidnapped are bots at farming spots.

kittening glorious holy cow

This vid makes me wanna get a turtle just so I can do this to bot farmers, I wouldn't even have to break TOS by making moves kill them, I could just put them on a mountain!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Hate is a bit strong for me but the turtle mount brings essentially nothing to the table and can detract from the experience. Another example of the weakness of EoD as a whole.

Oh I dont know, I had a lot of fun and so did the new players i picked up and let gun on the turtle. They liked it so much they want EoD now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Hate is a bit strong for me but the turtle mount brings essentially nothing to the table and can detract from the experience. Another example of the weakness of EoD as a whole.

It's a decent bar break with a fast recharge, and it's useful in Drizzlewood where it acts like siege on fortifications, but in a lot of places it isn't useful.  

• Like 1

You hate it because it's too big? And here I keep hearing them tell me size doesn't matter. 

On a serious note, I love the turtle. It's my second favorite mount next to the jackal.

Sure, it doesn't do much but it can:

Jump higher than the griffin.

Walk on the surface of a lake, ocean.

Destroy buildings and gates with just one stomp (with jade core.)

Breaks bar.

Kill bots.

Transport your friends to waypoints they don't have.

Let you loot mobs without dismounting. 

Our next mount needs to be as big as the turtle if not bigger. 

I do wanna say that they need to buff it a little bit, i.e give cannon access to the driver as well since that's the best feature of it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

and I thought I was alone... I really hate that stupid giant pile of kitten.

When I returned to the game a few months ago I couldn't remember my log-in info, so I tried a with a free account. One of the first thing I noticed was that gigantic monstrosity and I was like WAT? Then while doing the first event I found, I couldn't figure out why auto-loot was not working so I just keep spamming "F" to loot everything and then this idiot literally keep standing right over me to force me to enter his stupid mount (he obviously knew new players are forced to use "F" all the time)!

then is the fact that kittening kitten cover the whole screen while doing group content 😠

And the worst thing is, you have to be calm and may not insult him for his troll moves. I think it’s more bullying then a troll move because it ruins new players experience of the game. And loot bags doesn’t stay there forever. If he moves away far from the loot while you are in a seat the loot is gone (I think) and if you don’t know fast enough how to leave the seat. These players use a ingame mechanic to annoy others. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

And the worst thing is, you have to be calm and may not insult him for his troll moves. I think it’s more bullying then a troll move because it ruins new players experience of the game. And loot bags doesn’t stay there forever. If he moves away far from the loot while you are in a seat the loot is gone (I think) and if you don’t know fast enough how to leave the seat. These players use a ingame mechanic to annoy others. 

and then pretend they're there to help...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

It does good cc and damage to gate in Drizzlewood, here hoping future living episodes  have meta require more "sieging"

5 hours ago, Demon Pie.2634 said:

You hate it because it's too big? And here I keep hearing them tell me size doesn't matter. 

On a serious note, I love the turtle. It's my second favorite mount next to the jackal.

Sure, it doesn't do much but it can:

Jump higher than the griffin.

Walk on the surface of a lake, ocean.

Destroy buildings and gates with just one stomp (with jade core.)

Breaks bar.

Kill bots.

Transport your friends to waypoints they don't have.

Let you loot mobs without dismounting. 

Our next mount needs to be as big as the turtle if not bigger. 

I do wanna say that they need to buff it a little bit, i.e give cannon access to the driver as well since that's the best feature of it.

Besides the tongue in cheek humor, I fully agree.  It's great fun.  

Ever been to that noxious little area with all the blood crazed centaurs in Lake Doric?  Have a player who hasn't been there, has no clue how to get there without dying, and has no mounts?  Ta kitten!! Give them a lift!  It's tremendous fun.

Have someone stuck behind a rock or glitched into an odd spot...get near them, have them jump in!

Some extra breakbar stomping help?  Ride up and there you go.  Nice way to stomp on or gather mobs as well.

No, it should not be used for the entirety of a fight.  That can definitely be annoying.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

and then pretend they're there to help...

You both know that pressing f again while on said turtle loot all the bags around you right?

I use the turtle on 2 off my accounts when doing weekly keyrun since both of them easily share the kills for hearts that way.