Anyone else impatient for a Q1 2023 Road Map?

51 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Honestly, not really.

It is going on a year since the last new content and it was (IMO) very bad. The last content before that was rushed and lackluster in the end. This was particularly unfortunate because IBS had been, again IMO, pretty decent up until the end.

So, recent track record has me not looking forward much to whatever is coming. If the glowing neon green aesthetic of Cantha, forced into even supposedly remote wilderness areas, continues then not even exploration will remain as a draw.

Okay, I get your point and agree with it (re: IBS having a disappointing "climax"), and especially the part about jade-tech everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

14 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Okay, I get your point and agree with it (re: IBS having a disappointing "climax"), and especially the part about jade-tech everywhere.

Not to be too doom and gloom but, they have taken almost a full year to vaguely balance the professions and even then, many are still not there yet.  2022 and EoD was meant to be a refresh for GW2 and Anet after the poor conclusion to IBS and 2021 (alongside the ongoing profession balancing, WvW Alliances beta in year 4 or 5, PvP in basically maintenance mode).  Yet we got an expansion with less content then previous ones, and still the same mess everywhere else.  We have had a run around on profession balancing and WvW Alliances betas were underwhelming from the player perspective.   We did get the re-release of Season 1, but as nice as that is, rehashing old content is a low cost way of putting out 'new' content.

While we may get some nice looking presentations for what is coming this year, a roadmap from Anet is not what I am waiting for.   I am waiting for actual content to be delivered and judging them as such.  No Hopium that the next LWs or Prof Update will be 'the one that makes it better' but rather, I want to see what they deem worthy of delivering to the playerbase and decide if I am going to log in from there.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8

18 minutes ago, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Just be a little patient. This is the first week back. However they already have been communicative with dx11 announcement and lunar new year. Expect a road map either next week or during/after lunar new year. 

Or maybe next month or the other or maybe by summer, meanwhile let's milk up those same repetitive events or just re-release something they made on the past and call it done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

15 hours ago, Krzysztof.5973 said:

I'm impatient to see the road map filled with tons of festivals and nothing else 😳

Hopefully they will create content for people they love that content (OW conten for OW people ) and not try to "to git them gud" and "eat their resources/content"

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

22 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Hopefully they will create content for people they love that content (OW conten for OW people ) and not try to "to git them gud" and "eat their resources/content"

Yes they have done 95% for the open world people for 10 years why do you fear this year will be any different?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2023 at 12:42 AM, NotTooFoolish.7412 said:

Uhm, crazy idea, u know that Anet employees are humans too. They deserve a holiday break.
We already know that next week, we're moving into Canthan New Year for couple of weeks. The next steps will get there when they get there.
With the teaser pick we got before Xmas, I think we already got more than enough for release that might come in couple of months. I'm curious, yes, not impacient.

You sound very optimistic.  😁😇

That's a good thing

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Arnox.5128 said:

Guild stuff, I hope...

I wish they reworked guild missions.

I posted an idea that they should make a scaleable boss to attack your guildhall and give nice rewards for people that take it down.

But I guess guildmissions are same sort of dead content like dungeons.

Edited by DylanLucas.6058
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, DylanLucas.6058 said:

I wish the reworked guild missions.

I posted an idea that they should make a scaleable boss to attack your guildhall and give nice rewards for people that take it down.

But I guess guildmissions are same sort of dead content like dungeons.

As long as they make it optional. I wouldn't like to be attacked in my personal guild hall by something I can't defeat on my own. Or, you know, at all...

Edited by MikeG.6389
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DylanLucas.6058 said:

With silence you won't retain players, so maybe give us some info?

This doesn’t mean anything to a developer.  People might leave if they don’t like the roadmap just as easily. 

While I would appreciate higher quality communication from Anet, I’ve played this game long enough to know how they work (slow) and I wouldn’t bother complaining until end of February if we really haven’t seen anything. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

While I would appreciate higher quality communication from Anet, I’ve played this game long enough to know how they work (slow) and I wouldn’t bother complaining until end of February if we really haven’t seen anything. 

I certainly hope for the end of January, when the Lunar New Year festival ends. I'm really impatient for a road map (and in a good way, mind you 😉 ).

• Confused 2

I check back every now and then but I honestly haven’t even cared. Been playing df despite not wanting to get sucked back into WoW again. 

I would just find a new game to play and check the Reddit to see if they’ve added an update or something. Likely more bunny helmets and fluff items in the gemstore for the next few weeks, maybe months. Think those are outsourced anyway.

I will be surprised if they release more than one map this year and am expecting some big announcement about the studio any day now. Seems like something has been up since EoD release given their last statement about commitment to the franchise and the fact that we’ve had quite a bit of silence since, especially this past few months.

Roadmap would probably just have 2 bullet points with festivals anyway so I wouldn’t expect anything major.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

I would like to see more dedication to fixing bugs and providing updates within the forums.  Seems like only a very small fraction of forums posts ever have anything posted from ANET.  At least acknowledging that it was put in a backlog would be a start.  Silence leads me to believe it hasn't gone anywhere, nor has it been added to any sort of backlog of items to be fixed.

Edited by Melok.2173
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2