Toxic wvw Enemies

Virdo.1540

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@primatos.5413 said:Stop playing clowny cheese builds could help decrease toxicity

This^The playerbase of this game is the worst I've seen for bandwagoning I've seen in a game. As soon as players qq about a outlier class having a cheesey build or skills within days those handful of classes and builds are all u see.

Probably because in other MMOs you have a fraction of the amount of builds and ability to customize your play as GW2.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"schloumou.3982" said:Yep. Those displayed ranks are kind of insulting too. It only leads to low rank players beeing harassed and focused by the self proclaimed roamers. Needs to be done something.

Totally feel like low rank puts a target on one's back sometimes. So many "roamers" go out of their way to chase you down and dismount you even when you're trying to run. All so they can win an unfair fight.

Also, is "shivering" emote over your body a new form of bm? And how do people even whisper enemies in WvW? Sorry, I'm pretty new to the mode.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@primatos.5413 said:Stop playing clowny cheese builds could help decrease toxicity

This^The playerbase of this game is the worst I've seen for bandwagoning I've seen in a game. As soon as players qq about a outlier class having a cheesey build or skills within days those handful of classes and builds are all u see.

Probably because in other MMOs you have a fraction of the amount of builds and ability to customize your play as GW2.

Don't kid yourself, each class has 1 maybe 2 working builds (note I'm saying working, not necessarily Meta), the rest is just a bug ridden, incoherent mess. ANet have done wonders with creating the illusion of choice, while in reality they shoehorned you in playing in a specific way patch to patch.

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

@"schloumou.3982" said:Yep. Those displayed ranks are kind of insulting too. It only leads to low rank players beeing harassed and focused by the self proclaimed roamers. Needs to be done something.

Totally feel like low rank puts a target on one's back sometimes. So many "roamers" go out of their way to chase you down and dismount you even when you're trying to run. All so they can win an unfair fight.

Also, is "shivering" emote over your body a new form of bm? And how do people even whisper enemies in WvW? Sorry, I'm pretty new to the mode.

As a general rule I won't touch anything less than Bronze, unless they're preventing me from capturing or defending an objective, or they decided to +X in an already outnumbered fight. In that case, yea I'll find you and yea I might not give you a fair fight either, you gave up that right the moment you +Xed.No clue about the shivering emote, but there was never a strict guide on how to BM in emotes.

thats why u drop siege onto their dead bodies, or press the block button and forget about ragers.

a bit toxicity happens always. especially bad been lately some guildfight communications. it's really hard to get a 1v1 situation, bc in 90% of the cases a 2nd group of equal size or bigger joins in after u wiped first one. and if you wipe those too, chances are good that a 3rd group, from either color joins in.

if the appointment is "we meet on rbl" while ur at their garri, after you port there u can be sure that, despite your enemy zerg set the date, no fight against them will happen since "ye we have a Q". 2 hours later, same guild blobs your servers pug groups after your main group tagged down - or tries to at least.

i personally never seeks specifically for duels in Wvw, but usually it happens bc running on warclaw fails if ur too close to them anyways, and the demount-daze sets up your suicide often. i have about 1800 kills recent matchup, despite we beeing outnumberd technically most of the time, but barely any are from dueling. those are to be avoided, since you cannot plan in the deadeyes and thieves around, and trusting people of enemy servers (unless u know them) is often not smart imo.

@ArlAlt.1630 said:

As a general rule I won't touch anything less than Bronze
, unless they're preventing me from capturing or defending an objective, or they decided to +X in an already outnumbered fight. In that case, yea I'll find you and yea I might not give you a fair fight either, you gave up that right the moment you +Xed.No clue about the shivering emote, but there was never a strict guide on how to BM in emotes.

Well-under-Bronze pleb here. Still get deliberately chased and murdered by roamers all the time. Just yesterday, I approached a camp hoping to pick off a few NPCs for the daily. A Diamond roamer was idling there. I stopped dead in my tracks, paused a second, and turned tail. But before I could gain enough distance, they dismounted me and my fate was sealed. How more obvious could it be that I didn't want to fight? This sort of thing happens far too often. It's like the decline of roaming makes remaining roamers hungry for anything that happens by. I've yet to experience any dignified roamers who leave low ranks alone (unless there's a reason not to), or at least forgo stomps so the lowbie can continue on their way without having to WP and travel again. Wish more people exercised some decency. :(

, unless they're preventing me from capturing or defending an objective, or they decided to +X in an already outnumbered fight. In that case, yea I'll find you and yea I might not give you a fair fight either, you gave up that right the moment you +Xed.No clue about the shivering emote, but there was never a strict guide on how to BM in emotes.

Well-under-Bronze pleb here. Still get deliberately chased and murdered by roamers all the time. Just yesterday, I approached a camp hoping to pick off a few NPCs for the daily. A Diamond roamer was idling there. I stopped dead in my tracks, paused a second, and turned tail. But before I could gain enough distance, they dismounted me and my fate was sealed. How more obvious could it be that I didn't want to fight? This sort of thing happens far too often. It's like the decline of roaming makes remaining roamers hungry for anything that happens by. I've yet to experience any dignified roamers who leave low ranks alone (unless there's a reason not to), or at least forgo stomps so the lowbie can continue on their way without having to WP and travel again. Wish more people exercised some decency. :(

I was speaking from my personal perspective. I by no means, can speak for others and their motivation. That being said, rank matters very little in WvW. Usually just helps you identify zerglings easier. Higher ranks means they spent time with the Zerg. I’ve not run with a zerg for more than a day total in 8 years, hence why I’m stuck in upper Silver. You wouldn’t believe how much less of a fight Mithril+ ranked players put on average compared to some bronze/silver/gold players out there. You should’ve went balls deep on them and duke it out. It’s the same conundrum as with the old Legend titles in PvP. Everyone had one so they got diluted and now we have the new ones instead.

Sounds like they were defending a camp. You wanted to take the camp. He should let you because you are low rank?For all he knows you might be a pvp god who is making a rare entrance into wvw. And he might be an EotM farmer with less experience than you.

As a general rule, I leave players below bronze rank alone and usually if I down someone who didn't fight back or only wanted to run away, I'll just go on my way and allow them to recover. But that's just my own personal rule. I acknowledge that there is only one overriding rule in WvW: The Red Rule. If it's red, it's dead.

To be clear, the Red Rule does not compel players to hunt down and kill enemy players on sight. It simply acknowledges the right of any player to do exactly that if they so choose. All kills in WvW are fair and square (excluding exploits/cheats/hacks, of course!). Simple. There's no point in applying arbitrary rules and conditions or worrying about what motivates your silent killer (and if they aren't silent, then just block them ffs!). Just accept death in whatever form it takes and get back to playing the game.

See, everyone is different. Personally, I think players should respect the fact that player vs player combat will happen here. I'm less likely to stomp someone that stays and fights, and I usually don't go out my way to chase players unless they've been annoying. But players that surrender without a fight? I'll always kill those.

Learn to fight, or learn to run. What else are you doing here? Expecting people to play by your rules is just, well, nonsense.

Well-under-Bronze pleb here. Still get deliberately chased and murdered by roamers all the time. Just yesterday, I approached a camp hoping to pick off a few NPCs for the daily. A Diamond roamer was idling there. I stopped dead in my tracks, paused a second, and turned tail. But before I could gain enough distance, they dismounted me and my fate was sealed. How more obvious could it be that I didn't want to fight? This sort of thing happens far too often. It's like the decline of roaming makes remaining roamers hungry for anything that happens by. I've yet to experience any dignified roamers who leave low ranks alone (unless there's a reason not to), or at least forgo stomps so the lowbie can continue on their way without having to WP and travel again. Wish more people exercised some decency. :(Then dont go to the the camp. Dont get your daily.

I assure you, I would hunt you down until you die or is so far away the effort of attemping to do so is more than disengaging. I dont care about ranks. I dont care how "weak" newbies are supposed to be or how "honorable" veterans are supposed to be. I dont care that you "dont want to fight". You just said that you approached a camp. And you dont want to fight?! If I dont kill you, you would just come back to that camp as soon as I look away. Like any other player. It doesnt matter if its 1 player or 5 players.

Imagine in sPvP if people just left circles out of the goodness of their hearts. "Please sir just let me have this cap its no bother is it?" puppy eyes

But for some reason in WvW people expect to get a pass.

Decline of roaming indeed.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:

I assure you, I would hunt you down until you die or is so far away the effort of attemping to do so is more than disengaging. I dont care about ranks. I dont care how "weak" newbies are supposed to be or how "honorable" veterans are supposed to be. I dont care that you "dont want to fight". You just said that you approached a camp. And you dont want to fight?! If I dont kill you, you would just come back to that camp as soon as I look away. Like any other player. It doesnt matter if its 1 player or 5 players.

Imagine in sPvP if people just left circles out of the goodness of their hearts. "Please sir just let me have this cap its no bother is it?" puppy eyes

Agreed.

If they hate fighting so much then they can go somewhere else instead, and if they want a Legendary set, they can go do PvE where roamers won't delibrately chase them down and kill them.

@Celsith.2753 said:

Sounds like they were defending a camp. You wanted to take the camp. He should let you because you are low rank?For all he knows you might be a pvp god who is making a rare entrance into wvw. And he might be an EotM farmer with less experience than you.

I stopped far outside the camp. I didn't even try to do anything besides turn and run when I saw the Diamond player approaching.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

As a general rule, I leave players below bronze rank alone and
usually if I down someone who didn't fight back or only wanted to run away, I'll just go on my way and allow them to recover.

^Compared to:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:See, everyone is different. Personally, I think players should respect the fact that player vs player combat will happen here. I'm less likely to stomp someone that stays and fights, and I usually don't go out my way to chase players unless they've been annoying. But players that surrender without a fight? I'll always kill those.

Seems some people have mercy on someone who surrenders, while others only if they fought back. I get that there are no rules, and everyone can play as they like.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Well-under-Bronze pleb here. Still get deliberately chased and murdered by roamers all the time. Just yesterday, I approached a camp hoping to pick off a few NPCs for the daily. A Diamond roamer was idling there. I stopped dead in my tracks, paused a second, and turned tail. But before I could gain enough distance, they dismounted me and my fate was sealed. How more obvious could it be that I didn't want to fight? This sort of thing happens far too often. It's like the decline of roaming makes remaining roamers hungry for anything that happens by. I've yet to experience any dignified roamers who leave low ranks alone (unless there's a reason not to), or at least forgo stomps so the lowbie can continue on their way without having to WP and travel again. Wish more people exercised some decency. :(Then dont go to the the camp. Dont get your daily.

I assure you, I would hunt you down until you die or is so far away the effort of attemping to do so is more than disengaging. I dont care about ranks. I dont care how "weak" newbies are supposed to be or how "honorable" veterans are supposed to be. I dont care that you "dont want to fight". You just said that you approached a camp. And you
dont want to fight
?!
If I dont kill you, you would just come back to that camp as soon as I look away.

I would go elsewhere in search of something unguarded.

I don't expect freebies. I just wanted to leave. People also chase even if we randomly cross paths in the middle of nowhere and I try to avoid them. So it's not just about defending objectives. A lot of roamers actively prey on low ranks. I have a feeling if I had a high rank, they'd at least think twice.

Also, if I could give them my best puppy eyes, maybe they would be nicer! :p

@Yasai.3549 said:

I assure you, I would hunt you down until you die or is so far away the effort of attemping to do so is more than disengaging. I dont care about ranks. I dont care how "weak" newbies are supposed to be or how "honorable" veterans are supposed to be. I dont care that you "dont want to fight". You just said that you
approached a camp
. And you
dont want to fight
?! If I dont kill you, you would just come back to that camp as soon as I look away. Like any other player. It doesnt matter if its 1 player or 5 players.

Imagine in sPvP if people just left circles out of the goodness of their hearts. "Please sir just let me have this cap its no bother is it?"
puppy eyes

Agreed.

If they hate fighting so much then they can go somewhere else instead, and if they want a Legendary set, they can go do PvE where roamers won't delibrately chase them down and kill them.

I don't mind fair fights. Just wish more people were like those here who said they avoid picking on low ranks without reason, and sometimes spare their defeated opponents the stomp. Those are things I would like to do myself if I get better. But for now, since I'm at a gear, perk, and experience disadvantage, I try to avoid confrontation as much as possible.

Judging by the mostly unsympathetic responses, I guess you guys don't remember what it's like to be new and at the bottom of the food chain. Personally, I tend to feel bad for underdogs just trying to make their way, and I don't feel any joy beating a disadvantaged opponent. But hey, that's just me.

@"Twilight Tempest.7584" said:

Judging by the mostly unsympathetic responses, I guess you guys don't remember what it's like to be new and at the bottom of the food chain. Personally, I tend to feel bad for underdogs just trying to make their way, and I don't feel any joy beating a disadvantaged opponent. But hey, that's just me.

Lmao that's kinda cute.

Maybe it's how one is introduced into WvW then.The guildmates which brought me into WvW warned me of how punishing it is to be a newbie in WvW with players who have played for years lurking around.

Idk what people expect, going into a warzone all wide-eyed and then crying when they get killed over and over.

It's not even about "underdogs trying to make their way" it's more about having the right mindset when stepping into WvW or competitive modes in general.

I have had my fair share of being stomped on, insulted, ganked by 20 players and given 5+ Siege tombstones, I don't see the big deal of crying over it while fully aware that yu are a newbie.

Hell, infact, as a newbie, yu have a legit excuse and mental protection when it comes to being bullied by skilled players : namely being a newbie and them being skilled players, so it doesn't feel as bad to die to them.

Geez, are people so weak willed these days that they can't even lick their own wounds by telling themselves "I'm new, I gotta learn stuff the hard way, and one day I'll be good enough so that I don't get preyed on"

"OH MY GOD I GOT GANKED BY PLATINUMS WVW TOXIC, WVW UNFRIENDLY TO NEWBIES, WVW TOTALLY NOT A WARZONE, WVW BAD, WVW PLAYERS ALL BAD, MOMMY I WANT MILK"

jfc.

I stopped far outside the camp. I didn't even try to do anything besides turn and run when I saw the Diamond player approaching.

Not far enough outside of it if he was able to catch you on your mount.

usually if I down someone who didn't fight back or only wanted to run away, I'll just go on my way and allow them to recover.

@ArchonWing.9480 said:See, everyone is different. Personally, I think players should respect the fact that player vs player combat will happen here.
I'm less likely to stomp someone that stays and fights, and I usually don't go out my way to chase players unless they've been annoying. But players that surrender without a fight? I'll always kill those.

Seems some people have mercy on someone who surrenders, while others only if they fought back. I get that there are no rules, and everyone can play as they like.

I assure you, I would hunt you down until you die or is so far away the effort of attemping to do so is more than disengaging. I dont care about ranks. I dont care how "weak" newbies are supposed to be or how "honorable" veterans are supposed to be. I dont care that you "dont want to fight". You just said that you approached a camp. And you
dont want to fight
?!
If I dont kill you, you would just come back to that camp as soon as I look away.

That was his point.. you are a threat. Taking a camp hurts the ‘score’. Not that the score actually matters.

Imagine in sPvP if people just left circles out of the goodness of their hearts. "Please sir just let me have this cap its no bother is it?"
puppy eyes

I don't expect freebies. I just wanted to leave. People also chase even if we randomly cross paths in the middle of nowhere and I try to avoid them. So it's not just about defending objectives. A lot of roamers actively prey on low ranks. I have a feeling if I had a high rank, they'd at least think twice.

They prey on anyone. Being platinum myself I get chased all the tine if I choose to run. Your rank is irrelevant.

I assure you, I would hunt you down until you die or is so far away the effort of attemping to do so is more than disengaging. I dont care about ranks. I dont care how "weak" newbies are supposed to be or how "honorable" veterans are supposed to be. I dont care that you "dont want to fight". You just said that you
approached a camp
. And you
dont want to fight
?! If I dont kill you, you would just come back to that camp as soon as I look away. Like any other player. It doesnt matter if its 1 player or 5 players.

puppy eyes

Agreed.

I don't mind fair fights. Just wish more people were like those here who said they avoid picking on low ranks without reason, and sometimes spare their defeated opponents the stomp. Those are things I would like to do myself if I get better. But for now, since I'm at a gear, perk, and experience disadvantage, I try to avoid confrontation as much as possible.

You are in a PvP zone with PvE elements in it.... that’s the nature of it. Honestly, the only way you get better at fighting is to..... fight.

Being new I joined a WvW guild and learned how to play there. I learned builds, basic tactics and then how to fight. When I got wrecked (often) I asked for guidance on how to improve.

That’s how a ‘low rank new player’ can succeed instead of being a ‘toxic victim’.

^Compared to:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:See, everyone is different. Personally, I think players should respect the fact that player vs player combat will happen here.
I'm less likely to stomp someone that stays and fights, and I usually don't go out my way to chase players unless they've been annoying. But players that surrender without a fight? I'll always kill those.

And since you don't know who they are, it makes no sense to expect any form of mercy. I actually think those that send you quickly back to spawn are doing you a cruel kindness, as a reminder. Heck, if I see my guildie doing dailies on an alt account on another server, I'll still kill them.

BTW, I play with Simple Nameplates, so I don't see people's ranks unless I click on them. Rank and skill really aren't correlated at all. Plenty of good silver level players and plenty of bad diamond ones.

I dunno, I couldn't even turn when I started playing. I also went full zerker guardian into zergs; I think I remember that quite well. I don't remember asking people to not kill me though.

I also play with some people very new to wvw (most likely much lower rank than you). Do they die a lot? Sure. But when they die, they sometimes to productive things like ask for advice, find better builds, and most importantly enough avoid repeating the same mistake again. What doesn't work is complaining to people that don't care. Underdogs are only respected because they actually try to win. Nobody cares for self-pity. Would a sports movie about a weak team that was just about them crying in a corner because nobody went easy on them the whole movie sell? Of course not.

Death means NOTHING in this game. All that happens when you die is you go back to spawn, and maybe a bruised ego. Neither thing is of any value.

Frankly Team chat is more toxic than anything I hear from whispers, but then I usually get whispers about how great the fights were rather than salt.

Team chat is filled with A-Holes complaining about objectives being taken when callouts where being posted for 5 minutes straight and other just general bile that makes me want to mute the whole chat sometimes.

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:Well-under-Bronze pleb here. Still get deliberately chased and murdered by roamers all the time. Just yesterday, I approached a camp hoping to pick off a few NPCs for the daily. A Diamond roamer was idling there. I stopped dead in my tracks, paused a second, and turned tail. But before I could gain enough distance, they dismounted me and my fate was sealed. How more obvious could it be that I didn't want to fight?You could have not gone into a game mode with player versus player combat.

Wave and jump a few times?

Usually works unless you are in a known dueling spot, because then you're asking for a fight instead.

I walked up to a camp that 4 reds had taken during camp dailies and I was alone on my Starclaw. Sat there for a minute with all 5 of us hopping up and down on our Warclaws and I went to take the camp and they went on with their roaming circuit. Sometimes roamers can convey with a few simple jumps and waves that they just want to do dailies.

Although I have been THAT guy before. I came up on the Wurm during Vet dailies once with 10 greens there. Waved a bunch of times, one guy waved a bunch back. Well all killed the Wurm and while that went down I downed and stomped the guy that waved to me and ran on out, with all his buddies watching.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"Twilight Tempest.7584" said:

Wave and jump a few times?

Usually works unless you are in a known dueling spot, because then you're asking for a fight instead.

I walked up to a camp that 4 reds had taken during camp dailies and I was alone on my Starclaw. Sat there for a minute with all 5 of us hopping up and down on our Warclaws and I went to take the camp and they went on with their roaming circuit. Sometimes roamers can convey with a few simple jumps and waves that they just want to do dailies.

Although I have been THAT guy before. I came up on the Wurm during Vet dailies once with 10 greens there. Waved a bunch of times, one guy waved a bunch back. Well all killed the Wurm and while that went down I downed and stomped the guy that waved to me and ran on out, with all his buddies watching.

Finally some constructive advice. I'll give that a try. Reminds me of the time about 8 greens and I were waiting for the veteran warg and a lone red causally rode up, dismounted and stood nearby. To my amazement, no one attacked despite the obvious numbers imbalance. We all got our daily creature slayer but some meanies killed the poor red in the fray. Maybe it was an accident from people not paying attention to targeting, or AOEs. I hope he got credit. Apart from the unfortunate end, the restraint so many people showed was remarkable. Maybe dailies hunters have a better code of ethics than a lot of the "dis war, me see red, me smash" roamers.

If all I want to do is fight, I'll play PvP. At least there, there's a reason someone's beating you up, and fights are more on even terms.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

My mount only has one endurance bar versus his or her two plus a javelin throw.

dont want to fight
?!

That was his point.. you are a threat. Taking a camp hurts the ‘score’. Not that the score actually matters.

When is someone 100% retreating a threat?

puppy eyes

They prey on anyone. Being platinum myself I get chased all the tine if I choose to run. Your rank is irrelevant.

Okay.

approached a camp
. And you
dont want to fight

puppy eyes

Agreed.

You are in a PvP zone with PvE elements in it.... that’s the nature of it. Honestly, the only way you get better at fighting is to..... fight.

As I said, I don't mind fair fights, or even uphill fights. It's more the indecency that turns me off. Again, veterans deliberately bullying newbies, stomping when mercy might be in order, and any sort of bm/toxic whispers.

Being new I joined a WvW guild and learned how to play there. I learned builds, basic tactics and then how to fight. When I got wrecked (often) I asked for guidance on how to improve.

That’s how a ‘low rank new player’ can succeed instead of being a ‘toxic victim’.

Can I get some WvW guild recommendations? What if I'm on a low tier server?

dont want to fight
?!

puppy eyes

Okay.

approached a camp
. And you
dont want to fight

puppy eyes

Agreed.

As I said, I don't mind fair fights, or even uphill fights. It's more the indecency that turns me off. Again, veterans deliberately bullying newbies, stomping when mercy might be in order, and any sort of bm/toxic whispers.

I am 100% with you on the toxic whispers. I'm just here to fight other players and have fun. I have zero interest I ruining anyone's experience.

Having said that, I feel it's unreasonable to expect other players to follow arbitrary rules that they can't possibly be aware of or be held responsible for ruining your enjoyment. In my opinion, that is as much the source of toxicity in competitive play as those few who really are out to cause other players distress.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

dont want to fight
?!

puppy eyes

Okay.

approached a camp
. And you
dont want to fight

puppy eyes

Agreed.

I am 100% with you on the toxic whispers. I'm just here to fight other players and have fun. I have zero interest I ruining anyone's experience.

Having said that, I feel it's unreasonable to expect other players to follow arbitrary rules that they can't possibly be aware of or be held responsible for ruining your enjoyment. In my opinion, that is as much the source of toxicity in competitive play as those few who really are out to cause other players distress.

A while back, I think I saw a YT roamer say they only fight people looking for a fight and they don't stomp unless the person keeps coming back or is rude. I guess I just hoped more people were like this. Regardless, if I stick around and get better, I plan to play by this code, whether others do or not.

dont want to fight
?!

puppy eyes

Okay.

approached a camp
. And you
dont want to fight

puppy eyes

Agreed.

A while back, I think I saw a YT roamer say they only fight people looking for a fight and they don't stomp unless the person keeps coming back or is rude. I guess I just hoped more people were like this. Regardless, if I stick around and get better, I plan to play by this code, whether others do or not.

Just don't corpse hop or anything dumb like that but you don't need a bunch of unnecessary rules. The only safe place should be the map spawn, anyone walking out of that area knows what game mode this is and you're not doing anyone any favors by not pushing their build. I might not mount stomp someone else's kill but otherwise stomp people if you have the time. Sometimes I'll leave people alone if I'm watching a fight or a siege to see what people and groups are using and they might see what I'm doing and probably end up doing the same thing, that's not any code though, that's just messing around for a few minutes and taking notes.