What do you want to see the most in EoD? - [Merged]

I would like it if they keep Dragon missions and even improve on them for Story mode. I just like the idea that it can be played solo or as group content, that is what GW2 needs for me.

New elite specs ofc:

• bunny thumper (giving Ranger a Hammer weapon, which would be more CC oriented, maybe even act as a tank spec).
  • for Thief, I would like to see more AoE options - staff was just 100% disappointment for me, more than the gameplay, it is the skin options, too few. Though, the return of the Assassin - the combo-based Thief could be interesting.
  • for Warrior - better range options (spear anyone?), or a tank spec.

More sandbox-like toys. A person before me said that this game is not a sandbox and they don't want those things, but I don't think they realise that this game doesn't have vertical progression, so any content that can last and give a feeling of progression should be a nice bonus for this game. Call them life skills for all I care. Housing <3

Tengu race is my wish too. There is a high chance we won't see race added in the game, but one can still dream.

Overall, a BIG skill update/a balance patch. Not in terms of nerfing things, but in terms of making certain unused skills more viable (rework Swords from the Warrior pls, especially Flurry and off-hand)

Bring back Guild Missions. Make Guilds mean something again. Use Dragon missions as a Guild Missions content too.

I would like to see more PvP options. We don't chase e-sport dream anymore. So, just let us have fun. Capture the point mode in this game is not really rewarding IMO.I liked it more in Guild Wars 1, when it was called Alliance Battles, 12 vs 12, on huge maps where rotations were needed. I guess bunker meta could be a problem, so you could really do something like "80% reduction on the boon duration while standing on the allied captured node for longer than X seconds).

@Samnang.1879 said:

@Samnang.1879 said:NPC companion that you can customize, that collects materials for you within the vicinity. Also helps you fight things (in PVE only of course).

But people here are not ready for that conversation.

Yea they tried that before the game released and it got scraped.starwars the old republic got something like it and it worked decently for them, when I played the core version of that.

Well anet needs to unscrap it.

@GaileGray or whoever works here now.

Oh our dear Gaile havent worked there for years.

Before I forgot, would like new faces with some featuring goatees or staches, hairstyles, armors and decos. But not only for human! I'm afraid and it would be sad that EoD us 100% human just like PoF.... Icebrood saga is a mix of charr and norn. So Sylvari and Asura are the forgotten ones since 2013. (Sure, in sub story plots but nothing more and even... balthazar? Human. Caudecus? Human. Joko? Human. That just show how other races are underused and only have some stories in dungeons.).

Difficult one.

1. I think that new PvE content is the most important. That is where most players buy expansions for. New maps, achievements rewards, meta events etc.
  2. A personal wish for me is some decent new end-game rewards for AP and titles and player housing. This could be combined with something like a account bound player housing with a museum like the Hall of Monuments in GW1
  3. Game and rendering engine upgrades would be very welcome. DirectX 11/12/Vulkan support and better multi core support would give some welcome performance boots.
  4. WvW could use some love. The alliance system is overdue for release and some new rewards would be very welcome.

In spite of my trash-vote for Tengu, what I'd really like to see:

Expecting new elites, so I won't question it. Maybe new weapons would be nice.Optimization would be f'ing boss, not gonna lie. Multithreading, pleeeaaase.I like the idea of "modernizing" the game for its current state. A balance pass on open-world critters from all expansions (right-size HoT mobs for player skills, elevate AI and tactics of vanilla mobs) is long overdue. Stability still needs a restructure, especially if enemies are going to spam hard-CC as much as they do. Or a universal post-stunbreak defiance.Fingers crossed for a good mastery set. It's kind of hard to beat gliders and mounts, but we'll see!

• 4 weeks later...

@Crono.4197 said:

• no
  • maybe
  • maybe
  • no
  • maybe
  • no

No idea why people don't like the current underwater combat. I find it enjoyable. Other games don't even have an underwater combat, let alone one of the level of the Guild Wars 2 one.

Currwnt underwater combat lacks diversity and also abillities. Adding new weapons, abillities for only underwater and an underwater elite specialization Will fix it.

@Zoid.2568 said:

@"sorudo.9054" said:nothing above water is done properly so why even fix the one thing that is even harder to fix...

Everything above water is perfect. Combat and gameplay.

the game feels deadthe map is horribly constructedthe combat conflicts with the targeting systemthe weapon skills are way to flashy without actually making them usefulwith the release of both HoT and PoF walking anywhere from a long distance has become a useless acthearts make an area completely useless ones completedimmersion doesn't exist at all

tell me, what part of that is "perfect"

@sorudo.9054 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:nothing above water is done properly so why even fix the one thing that is even harder to fix...

Everything above water is perfect. Combat and gameplay.

the game feels deadthe map is horribly constructedthe combat conflicts with the targeting systemthe weapon skills are way to flashy without actually making them usefulwith the release of both HoT and PoF walking anywhere from a long distance has become a useless acthearts make an area completely useless ones completedimmersion doesn't exist at all

tell me, what part of that is "perfect"

and tell me why u play this game? :)

I wouldn't want elite specs which only work underwater, but ones which give more consideration to how they'll work underwater would be nice. And yes, more underwater content and options would be nice.

I have mixed feelings on housing though. If it's done in a way I don't enjoy it could end up being something I just ignore, or worse something I feel forced to deal with even though I don't enjoy it. But even if it's done in a way I like that has it's downsides. I've spent so much time and gold decorating houses in Elder Scrolls Online when I could be doing other things. There's no requirement to do that, but I keep finding myself drawn into it and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. (Except I am sure deciding to put 200 books in a house was a mistake, it's taking forever to sort and place them, because it's difficult and tedious to do it right. I've sorted all my real books much faster and I have far more than 200 of those.)

@"Zoid.2568" said:

• revamped underwater combat

Yuck, no thanks.

• underwater elite specialization

But why

• underwater cities

w/e

• new underwater abillities

No thanks, but rework some of the skills/traits for regular land combat instead.

• new underwater weapons

No, thanks, but fix some of the land weapons, "flexible" projectile ranges and the issues with projectiles being obstructed by air.

• Housing

Maybe, depending what would be the prupose that isn't already filled by home instance.

Overally your list consists of things we need the least or not at all imo. :D

• Confused 1

I'd say that UW skills need a refresh.

The new Elite Specs COULD be UW related, but if they are I'd want them to be amphibious.

Housing? That is what the Home Instance is for, just revamp/upgrade the Home Instance.

EoD needs some Power damage attribute combinations with Expertise in them, like Grieving but swapping the Condition Damage out for Expertise.

No new mounts...

No hearts on the new maps....