Siege Turtle Feedback Thread [Merged]

5 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Synergetics Siege Turtle skin please. đŸ˜„

This. 
But honestly I'd get the first non-turtle and non-jade option available (I like turtles but I also like mount skin that change the animal, such as the chocobo-raptor or the lizard-springer). I've been waiting for a wolf/warg Jackal, but hey, The nine tailed fox is cool enough. 

• Like 1

What is it for? Is there specific content in EoD that requires the turtle?

Having the cannons limited to the second player feels really restrictive and makes using the mount pretty boring. The ground slam doesn’t feel powerful, the turtle has a decent health pool but it was usually quicker just to dismount and kill mobs using my character.  The rocket jump didn’t have much height and couldn’t clear some walls/barriers. The jump felt floaty and didn’t convey the weight of the animal. 

Masteries will no doubt help but it isn’t anything I’m excited about. 

Edited by babak.3654
  • Like 10

- The cooldown for summoning the turtle after it dies from fall damage should be removed, except outside of WvW if it will ever be available there.

- It should actually swim underwater and not walk on the ocean floor unless you use the jump jets. Not to mention that these need different underwater animations and particle effects., e.g. something more "bubbly". 

Edited by Sarajiel.5830
  • Like 3

After playing around with hydras for a bit, it's definitely more fun to be in the passenger seat. You can't really reverse or easily turn so you basically run in circles and with the sliding you'll often end up missing the slam which feels like it should be a wider AoE. I kept missing the slam even when they're like right beside the torty. Not sure if reversing or turning needs to be adjusted but when standing still it feels rough. With no passenger, maybe let us use the cannons but the ammo takes 2x as long to recharge, half the ammo etc? It'd still make it better to have a partner but at the same time you can still have some fun with the mount too.

• Like 6

I don't know in the long term what the general consensus will be , but at least initially people are having fun with the turtle jumping in the air and over-driving. Cannon actually appears to regen ammo fairly quickly.

Steering appears to be akin to a drunk raptor. đŸ˜† Buoyancy underwater seems higher than I anticipated but slam seems to drop you to the bottom and underwater content is generally not a priority anyway.

Idle animations are quite hilarious with asura putting feet up dozing off.

I'm not sure how it works in squads but I partied with someone I recognized from WVW to test it in PVE.

Ultimately anything added to the game should be evaluated with the simple question: is it fun? This passed the litmus test immediately.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

As I expected, it is a gimmick. I used it solo, and with one of my Alt-accounts in the Gunner seat, and though it handles rather smoothly, I do not see the added utility.  It does quit a bit of DPS actually with its slam-skill(takes about half or more from an Orr mob), and the Guns add to that, but combined they are nowhere near the dps I can do when I dismount and play as my Class. 

Tried to take on a pretty hard (group) fight, and though I could do some damage up front with the turtle before the Mob pummeled it to death, it would have been wiser to just dismount and attack the mob myself.  I do not see the fun of roaming with this rather slow Mount either, duo-ing each riding your Skyscale seems more fun to be honest, also much more efficient. 

So that leaves the sort of EoD content where this mount will be a requirement for (by having to slam some breakbar away or some)  and  that is just gimmicky.

I was hoping for Sieges in EoD, but even then, I would do more damage to a fortified Gate with my Scourge then this thing would. 

Best thing of the Mount; the guns do give a satisfying "THUNK" sound. đŸ™‚Â 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, shxd.8146 said:

Hi there! đŸ™‚ appears the Cooldown on the 'Bond of Faith' skill is non-existent on the backseat player. Not sure if it's common, but whenever I jumped back on my partner's Siege Turtle it did not show a cooldown at all. However, whenever I got on my own Siege Turtle the Cooldown resumed.

I have recorded some footage in case necessary! đŸ™‚Â and I found another bug along the way.

Edited by shxd.8146

My opinion on the turtle after using it for about 15 minutes; the turning is too slow and I had to keep making it move forward to get it out of trying to do a circle if I turned it even slightly. It doesn't hover very far off the ground if you're moving at the same time which makes the slam ability kind of useless. You have to stay still and kind of round up enemies to launch an AOE slam attack in order to get the most out of the attack. I didn't try out the passenger skills because I only play solo, so no comment on that. Final thought; it's tied with Warclaw for me. I probably won't use the Turtle outside EoD storyline and to look cool in skins.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tyncale.1629 said:

As I expected, it is a gimmick. I used it solo, and with one of my Alt-accounts in the Gunner seat, and though it handles rather smoothly, I do not see the added utility.  It does quit a bit of DPS actually with its slam-skill(takes about half or more from an Orr mob), and the Guns add to that, but combined they are nowhere near the dps I can do when I dismount and play as my Class. 

Tried to take on a pretty hard (group) fight, and though I could do some damage up front with the turtle before the Mob pummeled it to death, it would have been wiser to just dismount and attack the mob myself.  I do not see the fun of roaming with this rather slow Mount either, duo-ing each riding your Skyscale seems more fun to be honest, also much more efficient. 

So that leaves the sort of EoD content where this mount will be a requirement for (by having to slam some breakbar away or some)  and  that is just gimmicky.

I was hoping for Sieges in EoD, but even then, I would do more damage to a fortified Gate with my Scourge then this thing would. 

Best thing of the Mount; the guns do give a satisfying "THUNK" sound. đŸ™‚Â 

Pretty much my assumption the past few weeks and what I've seen in game when testing it. 

• Like 1

Make it so that if its only one person on the mount, you can control one of the cannons but the dmg is halved. This will still give incentive for people to play together but doesn't force it. I'm one of those people who probably won't use the mount at all since it seems pointless without the cannons. Outside of the initial "new toy" phase. 

• Like 13

I tried it for a while and to be honest I ended up thinking "what is the point of this mount?".

The movement animations don't feel as good and natural as the other mounts and I thought it was actually too fast on the ground for a turtle. Or does the feet animation need a little tweak? I don't know.

I don't get why a turtle would slide when turning while on the ground either.

• Like 5

Ă—
Ă—