How much would you be willing to pay for this gloryfied DLC EoD?

How much would you be willing to pay for this gloryfied DLC EoD?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you be willing to pay for this gloryfied DLC EoD?

• full price
    • I preordered
    • I preordered the legendary edition
    • I will not preorder and buy it once it is out
    • I will wait for it to be on sale after a few month from release
    • It feels worth half the price max.(around 20 euro)
    • It doesn't feel expansion level content

Preordered ultimate because 1) There was no chance I wasn't going to purchase this expansion, and 2) I support the game as long as I'm playing it.  So, I'll be giving EoD a chance just like I did the previous two expansions (both of which delivered more than enough to justify the price, in my estimation!).  If it isn't to my liking and I find another game to play, it'll be what it'll be.  I see no reason to speculate that it won't deliver based on an early reveal.  I'm going to find out first-hand when it releases.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Players tend to forget that people are actually working to provide all the contents we've had so far for free.
And they're working on even more features for that expansion.
The amount of hours people who are still there spent on the game is worth the price of a normal game already (and most likely even more).

This is the best business model you can ever hope for in term of MMOs. 
The standard price of this expansion is honest in my opinion whether or not we agree with the "quality" of the content. I personally want to support the company for the effort and the example they set in that industry so I already paid for the preorder.

Edited by Tabootrinket.2631
  • Like 2

I was hoping to get it all for free for logging in once a week. People who had already bought HoT got PoF for free, didn't they? Hopefully there's a way for p2p players to get EoD for free as well...

Edit: Nope, apparently p2p who had HoT still had to pay for PoF. I just don't remember paying for it >_>

Edited by Embered.5089
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Embered.5089 said:

I was hoping to get it all for free for logging in once a week. People who had already bought HoT got PoF for free, didn't they? Hopefully there's a way for p2p players to get EoD for free as well...

Other way around: people who bought Path of Fire after August 2019 got HoT (and the base game) included for free. By that point PoF was 2 years old and HoT was almost 4 years old so it was pretty much the standard discounting or bundling together that happens in the games industry, if you wait a few years most games get a complete/ultimate/game of the year/themed name edition with all the DLC or expansions included in one package.

But expansion packs have never been free for logging in, that only applies to living world episodes and then only within specific time periods (normally only when they're first released, but of course this year they're re-releasing all of them).

As far as I know the only way for existing players to get new expansion packs for free is to win them in some type of contest, if you can find one which is offering it. Or wait several years for the next expansion to come out, and for EoD to be bundled with it, then buy that version. (But that obviously means missing out on the first few years of playing it.)

• Like 2

I mean I'm buying the base version which is nothing but 30. Even if I were to compare other games I could buy at that price. I know full well that I will spend more time in GW2, then I would with whatever I would buy otherwise. I had no higher expectations then more content from the get go. After all this time, I still enjoy the game as is. So new stuff is a straight bonus. 

Plus I NEED that necro elite hat. 

• Like 1

Other

They insulted Primordus HARD,  and I still have to decide if I want to stick to the game. 

If they can scrap the main game at any given moment, I have no hope to trust them with future content. 

I'd rather pay for a complete remake for Prim, first, give the man a dignified grave

Edited by Ayakaru.6583
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Based on how much enjoyment I've had in ESO over the last year with its mature story & immersion, I am considering not even buying eod. I'm a huge cantha fan but that trailer just seem more of disney garbage with cringe dialogue. I die more inside every time aurene speaks I swear to god the characters make me wanna smoke myself stupid just to tolerate them. Pls , GW2 writers, go team up with WoW shadowlands writers and make some new twilight books or something and never ever return to gaming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Embered.5089 said:

That...that did not happen. PoF got HoT free, not vice versa.

I am happy with the £25.99 standard edition price as with hot and pof.

The other two editions have never appealed to me because the skins have never been interesting compared with future gemstore releases, and I don't care for the spare character slot.

Breaking it down in that way I could just buy gems separately and pay slightly less, given I wouldn't use the added bonus items.

Edited by Curunen.8729

11 hours ago, Tsakhi.8124 said:

...I'm beginning to feel as though I need to take a break from the forum and Reddit because, truthfully, I'm getting sick and tired of everyone's whining. It's like, what do you want? No matter what they do, some of you will never be happy. So how can anyone win? People wonder "oh why do the devs never talk to us reeeee" also the same people: "you didn't tell me what i wanted to hear, didn't live up to my hype, failed everything i wanted reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" ...

Personally, I enjoyed the livestream and had a good time on Discord with some of my guildies as we jumped up and down with excitement at some of the stuff announced. "Turtles! We get turtles!! Multiplayer mounts!!!" and that sort of thing. So I was saddened when I came to this forum and saw the barrage of negativity here. I had a similar thought like @Tsakhi.8124's about why would the developers ever want to talk to such a nay-saying crowd who seemingly are never pleased.

Yes, I liked the look of EoD as well as some of the things that will be coming with it. (I liked the set of legendary weapons and will be working to get a number of them.) Yes, I like the game changing things Anet is already introducing without making us wait until EoD is released. Have we forgotten the Legendary Armory already, or the Alliance betas still to come later this summer? Those aren't the reasons that I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition of EoD as soon as it was available though. I actually pre-ordered to vote with my money, to show Anet in the most concrete way possible that there were folks out here who appreciate what they are doing. It turns out that a number of my guildies did the same, for the same kind of reason. And I like how this poll, initially framed as yet more negativity, actually showed far more people liked what they saw of EoD than hated it.

You are of course entitled to your own opinion about all this and about what I'm saying here. Just know that I'm not going to argue with any of the nay-sayers about this post. You have a right to your opinion. I have a right to mine. And I'm just going to leave it at that.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2021 at 10:50 AM, Dantert.1803 said:

So lets face it, the "expansion" doesn't feel like it's bringing enough big features to be called that.
It's a glorified story DLC.
How much do you think would be a price for the content they showed? Did you preorder? Are even planning to? What are your thought on it?

What a hilarious take on the matter, seeing how as long as the expansions are downloadable (and you'll find it hard to find any that aren't in the current times), they're also DLCs. What EoD will offer is EASLY considered to be an expansion standard.

Spoiler

1. Downloadable content (DLC)[a] is additional content created for an already released video game, distributed through the Internet by the game's publisher. It can either be added for no extra cost or it can be a form of video game monetization,[1] enabling the publisher to gain additional revenue from a title after it has been purchased, often using some type of microtransaction system.

DLC can range from cosmetic content, such as skins, to new in-game content such as characters, levels, modes, and larger expansions that may contain a mix of such content as a continuation of the base game.

2. An expansion pack, expansion set, supplement, or simply expansion is an addition to an existing role-playing game, tabletop game, video game or collectible card game. These add-ons usually add new game areas, weapons, objects, characters, or an extended storyline to an already-released game

Overally you should stop using terms you don't understand for the sake of stirring kitten up.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I’m planning to play on it and I’m hoping to have hours of fun on the new maps doing story, events, trying out the new mounts, etc etc.  So I preordered the Ultimate. Considering that might be my last real money purchase for the next 2-3 years while enjoying this expansion plus any free Living Story installments, that’s not exactly a whole lot of money to spend on a game. 

i swear, I think some people expect the devs to live on ramen noodles and water while putting out an expansion worth of content twice a year for free. 

• Like 1