127 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favourite Festival?

• Lunar New year
    • Super Adventure festival
    • Dragon bash
    • Festival of the four winds
    • Halloween
    • Wintersday

Four Winds! Labyrinthine Cliffs is my fave map to chill in.

Honorable mention goes to Dragon Bash just because I love the visual of making my character, the great and storied Commander of the Pact™, Dragonslayer, Godkiller, etc. etc., run around Hoelbrak in a sugar-crazed frenzy smashing every pinata in sight and shoveling handfuls of candy in her face as she goes.

Random citizen: It's such an honor to meet you, Commander! On behalf of all of Tyria, I'd like to thank-
Me obliterating a pinata, using a warhorn to doot myself some swiftness, and immediately sprinting off: CAN'T TALK MUST CANDY 🎊🎉🍬🍬🍬

• Haha 4

Festival of the Four Winds got my vote and also Wintersday - fofw would get the sole vote but also something about the map makes me physically sick super fast (and gives a friend headaches) so I can't really enjoy is as much as I'd like to, whereas very few places in-game give me motion sickness elsewhere. XD Wintersday wins a narrow victory for no motion sickness, and also I love winter-themed things and the jumping puzzle race and everything, it's just super cute! Feels cozy!

I voted for Halloween and Dragon Bash.

I like when in-game festivals have their own lore instead of just imitating real-life holidays, especially because it's usually the most commericalised aspects that get copied. Halloween in GW1 started off as a straight-up copy of American commerical Halloween (did you know candy corn is almost impossible to find outside North America?) but it's evolved over the years to have a lot of it's own lore, which makes it more interesting to me. Similarly I also like how Dragon Bash has evolved from the Canthan Dragon Festival into something that ties into the game's main story, although I'm hoping we get to see how it's evolved seperately in Cantha next year and compare the two.

The Festival of the Four Winds would be up there as well, since it's a completely original festival which isn't based on anything in real life, but maybe just because it's newer there's not as much to it's lore. I also think there's fewer interesting activities. The sky crystal scavenger hunt isn't repeatable and 3 of the available activities are races. It's ok, I still do it every year and have some fun but I don't look forward to it in the same way as Halloween or Dragon Bash.

Also I know SAB technically counts as a festival but I don't think of it as one. It's more of an extended "mini" game which only qualifies for the mini prefix because the game it's inside is so massive. If they ever finished it that could easily be a game in it's own right.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 1

Wintersday, I love the atmosphere of the city and I spend a lot of time in the Snowball Mayhem

four winds is good too, Liadri and turai <3

but the others I can't stand them anymore .. haloween was awesome the first 2 years with the lore of the mad king and the jumping puzzle, then it quickly turned into an uninteresting farm

• Like 1

Halloween for me, followed closely by Wintersday. I really like the atmosphere of Halloween in Guild Wars 2, enhanced Lion's Arch, jumping puzzle and the infamous lair of the Mad King. Wintersday feels nice and cozy. 

I like all the festivals in their own way, but these two are definitely my favorite. 🙂

Super Adventure Box.

It's just so different.  It's nothing you would expect to find in an MMO, which is perhaps what makes it so GW2!  The silly 90s retro graphics belie what is arguably the most hardcore solo(ish) play activity in the game: SAB tribulation mode.  I'd place it above any jump puzzle in terms of technical difficulty and you can't really be carried through it.  The skins and novelties are distinctive and bear some element of prestige as their crazy sounds and bright colors loudly proclaim the bearer's accomplishments in the Super Adventure Box.

My only issue with SAB is that it has only the two worlds and 6 zones.  Every year I hold out hope that they'll expand upon this.  I also acknowledge that if tribulation mode is too frustrating while normal mode is too easy and/or you aren't enamored of the ridiculous graphical and musical style, this could quite possibly be one of the worst festivals of the year for you!

• Like 2

In my country halloween isn't a thing. But good i love Halloween and so it is nice to see the vibe ingame.

On 9/9/2021 at 10:10 PM, hugo.4705 said:

Sab. Want to see world 3 and 4

Sadly we won't see them because the Dev who made SAB was laid off. Maybe Anet rehire him which many JB Fans would love.

Edited by Grebcol.5984
  • Like 1

Super Adventure Box, of course! 🥰 But that's more like a game (or game mode) of its own, so you can't really compare it to the others.

As for tradtional festivals, the Festival of the Four Winds and Wintersday rule my GW2 festive world. 😉

Halloween used to be interesting when you had story quests attached to it. The Mad Prince's story never returned, and the other quests - once finished for the achievements - cannot be repeated as well. :classic_sad:

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Grebcol.5984 said:

In my country halloween isn't a thing. But good i love Halloween and so it is nice to see the vibe ingame.

Sadly we won't see them because the Dev who made SAB was laid off. Maybe Anet rehire him which many JB Fans would love.

That is incorrect. They have said previously they are looking to build more content for SAB, but that it will be a while. Other devs are quite capable of making SAB content 

• Confused 1

Mad King and Wintersday for me.

Both have activities that I do not need to dedicate to.  I can start and stop whenever I want with no repercussions.  They also have a good variety of stuff to do.

I prefer festivals that are just there with zero time commitments or scheduling.   I prefer to relax and do whatever I want whenever I want during holidays.  I don't care for top-of-the-line content or mechanics that fuel the desire to stay on the game for hours on end.  I just like to pop in, play around a bit, and leave whenever I want.

Mak King and Wintersday are the two best for this.  Fun little activities that I don't need to dedicate to.

Halloween--er, I mean, Mad King's Day--for the atmosphere and activities and music and Labyrinth and STEVE*--[flees]! And the excuse to play dress-up. I've got a butterfly costume for my mesmer all ready to go.

Dragon Bash for the epic music - seriously, walk into Hoelbrak's Great Lodge and wait a while...I love that song! And the really fun roller beetle race. And the NPC dialogue. "I heard the Commander is smaller than a dust mite! Smaller than me, even!" (My "canon" Commander is on the extremely short side for a sylvari...and is, at this point in his life, a bit annoyed at being reminded of that fact so often. Everybody keeps expecting him to be taller. Then that random NPC piped up with it... Actually, just *that* NPC in general, with all of his creepily obsessive fanboy musings on the Commander, is hilarious.)

And Festival of the Four Winds for the gorgeous Labyrinthine Cliffs...and the "treasure hunt" music.

*Don't think I'll ever forget the time I was listening to a Lord of the Rings audiobook as I was farming the Labyrinth...the Nazgûl started screaming (complete with sound effects from the movies) right as Steve appeared around the corner and sprinted straight at me. Simultaneously awesome and scary as heck. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2