[Suggestion] remove the animal abuse from the quest Elixir Recipe (Living World Season 3)

I agree with the OP.

Why even going further to design an achievement to kick a chicken until it explode?

The problem isn't about killing animals, it's the abusive behavior that feels more disturbing than the humor intended, and generally breaks the Commander's character.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

I was quite shocked for sure when I seen how we gather those feathers and I am glad to see I am not the only one who felt a bit guilty! 😂

There was a heart somewhere with dolyaks that made me feel like a monster too but I have mostly forgotten it now thankfully. 

10 minutes ago, Vilin.8056 said:

I agree with the OP.

Why even going further to design an achievement to kick a chicken until it explode?

The problem isn't about killing animals, it's the abusive behavior that feels more disturbing than the humor intended, and generally breaks the Commander's character.

The Commander is not a saint. It's a killing machine. And having to deal with all these Elder Dragons, not to mention having to put up with Braham's childish tantrums, would drive anyone to want to kick a chicken. Heck, if I'm the Commander, I'd go kick a few chickens and quaggans just to relieve some of the stress.

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2022 at 4:07 PM, Tsakhi.8124 said:

And don't the chickens get their revenge on you later? If I recall, they cluster you and immediately put you in fight for your life state. When that happened to me, I just laughed and said: "Fair enough, chickens, fair enough." 

IIRC that is in Ebonhawke(also a Zelda reference). In BFF I think the chicken explodes and you will be downed if you keep kicking.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

IIRC that is in Ebonhawke(also a Zelda reference). In BFF I think the chicken explodes and you will be downed if you keep kicking.

No, it doesn't explodes. An explosion occurs radiating from the chicken to down you instantly but the chicken survives and then disappears.

23 hours ago, Elden Arnaas.4870 said:

You get the title "Chicken Chaser" and 1 AP for repeatedly kicking one chicken until it explodes and downs/kills you.(I forget which)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/A_Crack_in_the_Ice_(achievements)#Playing_Chicken

It's true, they are taking revenge on the player. 😂 Must like the chicken in Ebonhawke, if I recall correctly.

Therefore, there is no need to take the whole thing seriously (@OP). If we perceived every action we take in this game in such a serious manner, we wouldn't get anything done (like running around killing living beings for resources or for being "evil" 😉).

Edited by Ashantara.8731