HOTS had gliding. POF had mounts. What can EOD bring?

I think home instance decorations are a good idea, I have already expressed my point of view in the past about it.

There are a lot of people interested in cosmetics in our community, fashion wars is an obvious example, so it's a thumbs up from me.

Guild halls are not personal home instances everyone can personalize at their own liking, so I would exclude any relevance comparing guild halls to home instances.

Keep the good ideas coming.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Player housing  in the form of a mobile base or something is definitely thematic if used correctly. I also like the idea of being able to choose exactly where my home nodes will be.

Yes this will come and people will bunch them up so much that 3 swipes with glyph of reaping is enoguh to gather home instance in 10 seconds great change there.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I enjoy housing. Fallout 76 is a terrible bug ridden mess of trash but manages to make me waste all day building things for fun at least.

Nothings made better housing than Wildstar though. RIP. Was their only fun content in the end.

MMOs aren't just farming mobs, the best ones have plenty of distracting side features like this and they're quite enjoyable and make the game more immersive. GW2 already has the system implemented anyways, they just don't wipe the crummy private instances away and let us edit it the way we can guild halls.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Player housing can be a lot of fun. However, a lot of games don't really use them to their fullest. I've seen a game that went as far as to allow players to treat player housing as a public PvP arena and I've seen games that went as little as making a player home entirely a personal experience that couldn't be shared to anyone outside of your party. I like it when it's easy to share a home instance with friends, guild members, and party members!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bristingr.5034 said:

Isn't that what the Instanced EOTN is?

Nah not even remotely close.
You get a few exclusive cosmetic rewards from it in Gw2 based on your Gw1 progress.

But in Gw1 it was the closest thing we had to a player house.
You got to display your favourite Elite armours, rare/prestigious weapon skins, monuments to your companion Hero's based on their armour quality upgrades which you had to earn from special missions, display 20 of your minipets and show off all your hard earned titles and achievements in Gw1.

Titles and achievements were far harder and more rewarding to earn in Gw1 as well, such as Legendary Cartographer which required you to uncover close to 100% of the black map shroud on every single map, mission and explorable location visible on the PvE world map across all 3 main campaigns (including some specific pvp areas such as Jade Quarry)
This was done mainly by running around every map repeatedly and scraping as close to the map border walls as possible hoping to find tiny dents you could nuzzle into to get miniscule amounts of the shroud that was hanging just off the map.. every little bit helps no joke lol
These titles/achievements took me literal months to achieve.. especially since I did all of Factions and Nightfall and about 95-98% of Prophecies legit without using 3rd party mod software that showed me where the last of the shroud I needed was.. ended up getting desperate and using it for Prophecies in the end but it still took months of work to get these titles done, there are ton of maps you have to explore.

And all of that can be shown off then to anyone who is in your party when you go into this Eye of the North instance.
So... yeah, they're very different between the two games 🙂 and i'd love to see something like Gw1's Eye of the North in Gw2.
Although how they'd do it with so many easy junk titles and stuff I dunno.. the stuff you could display there would have to be genuinely obtained through hard work and dedication or they just won't mean anything.

Edited by Teratus.2859

1 hour ago, Teratus.2859 said:

Nah not even remotely close.
You get a few exclusive cosmetic rewards from it in Gw2 based on your Gw1 progress.

But in Gw1 it was the closest thing we had to a player house.
You got to display your favourite Elite armours, rare/prestigious weapon skins, monuments to your companion Hero's based on their armour quality upgrades which you had to earn from special missions, display 20 of your minipets and show off all your hard earned titles and achievements in Gw1.

Titles and achievements were far harder and more rewarding to earn in Gw1 as well, such as Legendary Cartographer which required you to uncover close to 100% of the black map shroud on every single map, mission and explorable location visible on the PvE world map across all 3 main campaigns (including some specific pvp areas such as Jade Quarry)
This was done mainly by running around every map repeatedly and scraping as close to the map border walls as possible hoping to find tiny dents you could nuzzle into to get miniscule amounts of the shroud that was hanging just off the map.. every little bit helps no joke lol
These titles/achievements took me literal months to achieve.. especially since I did all of Factions and Nightfall and about 95-98% of Prophecies legit without using 3rd party mod software that showed me where the last of the shroud I needed was.. ended up getting desperate and using it for Prophecies in the end but it still took months of work to get these titles done, there are ton of maps you have to explore.

And all of that can be shown off then to anyone who is in your party when you go into this Eye of the North instance.
So... yeah, they're very different between the two games 🙂 and i'd love to see something like Gw1's Eye of the North in Gw2.
Although how they'd do it with so many easy junk titles and stuff I dunno.. the stuff you could display there would have to be genuinely obtained through hard work and dedication or they just won't mean anything.

I was about the same with Cartographer, doing Cantha and Elona by eye and whatever shread of patience I could muster, but after a couple years and minimal progress past 96%-ish I gave in and used Texmod to find the last few for Tyria.  A mother kittening sadist designed that world map with how hidden some of that's bits were.

The Devotion Monument also killed any desire to acquire mini-pets in this game, conversely I had a lot more success filling up the Resilience Monument since I was already obsessed with obtaining Elite armor variants.  Managed Vabbian and Obsidian in under two years if iirc. 😁

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I was about the same with Cartographer, doing Cantha and Elona by eye and whatever shread of patience I could muster, but after a couple years and minimal progress past 96%-ish I gave in and used Texmod to find the last few for Tyria.  A mother kittening sadist designed that world map with how hidden some of that's bits were.

The Devotion Monument also killed any desire to acquire mini-pets in this game, conversely I had a lot more success filling up the Resilience Monument since I was already obsessed with obtaining Elite armor variants.  Managed Vabbian and Obsidian in under two years if iirc. 😁

Haha the pain was very real with cartographer XD
Texmod (I forgot the name lol) was a godsend for me getting those last bits in prophecies as well, there's only so many days/weeks/months you can spend grinding against map walls for like .1% or .2% of the kitten map XD

Those titles really did feel earned though, I displayed them proudly for many years.
Specially since I did so much of it without Texmod.

Afraid Devotion carried over into Gw2 for me, I've got tons of minis in this game xD
Probably about half of the total amount give or take, still many more to go although the amount of them in Gw2 does kinda diminish the value of them when there isn't really anything to do with them.. and so many of them are worthlessly cheap now.
Being able to display my favourites somewhere would be a nice feature to have, although I do admit i'd love to be able to use them in some kind of minigame battle system like Gw1 Polymock in some ways.

I don't think the games proportions lends itself to nice housebuilding, unless you're a norn. If you build a house suitable for a Human or Asura, the camera would constantly be clipping through the roof due to the lack of an over the shoulder camera... unless your ideal house is inside an empty norn hall.

I'm have my fingers crossed that the new expansion won't be a jumping, climbing puzzle thing. or volcanic, or another crystal desert.  I really dislike those type of maps.  I hope it goes back to the traditional fields, forest's and hills type of map.

Edited by Joote.4081

25 minutes ago, Westenev.5289 said:

I don't think the games proportions lends itself to nice housebuilding, unless you're a norn. If you build a house suitable for a Human or Asura, the camera would constantly be clipping through the roof due to the lack of an over the shoulder camera... unless your ideal house is inside an empty norn hall.

Asura do tend to build oversized buildings as well.

5 hours ago, Westenev.5289 said:

Or just have the camera go into 1st person view automatically.

There are a few factors to take into consideration when talking about adding housing.

1. Does this feature seem like a good bullet point to attract NEW players or old players returning?

2. Where would you put said housing? In Cantha? The Continent is smaller than Tyria Main land.

3. How would you work it into the lore? Since we're going to a New continent, I doubt the emperor would Just allow foreigners to just set up shop in their land.

4. How would they make it unique to their own, like what they did with the mounts in POF?

5. Do YOU see Anet continuing to support this system in the years to come with updates?  

Personally, I don't care wither way. I could never see myself using it, someone else might. They could always make into another crafting option to craft recipes to furnish. Maybe as a future update down the line, but I cannot see them adding it to End of Dragons.

6 hours ago, zityz.6089 said:

There are a few factors to take into consideration when talking about adding housing.

1. Does this feature seem like a good bullet point to attract NEW players or old players returning?

2. Where would you put said housing? In Cantha? The Continent is smaller than Tyria Main land.

3. How would you work it into the lore? Since we're going to a New continent, I doubt the emperor would Just allow foreigners to just set up shop in their land.

4. How would they make it unique to their own, like what they did with the mounts in POF?

5. Do YOU see Anet continuing to support this system in the years to come with updates?  

Personally, I don't care wither way. I could never see myself using it, someone else might. They could always make into another crafting option to craft recipes to furnish. Maybe as a future update down the line, but I cannot see them adding it to End of Dragons.

Housing is something that will not be worthwhile for new players, simply not a strong bullet point to attract players with a new expansion.  Its a waste of dev resources that needs to be focused on making proper story and game content, over meaningless fluff content.   Gw2 is an action roleplaying game at its core.

Considering GW2 already suffers from poor advertising, this would help doom it to mediocrity if End of Dragons does not present major features beside housing.