HOTS had gliding. POF had mounts. What can EOD bring?

People are so against housing, but will say "DRM is so fun and interesting".

Ok.

I'd rather they spend resources on making housing, in-game marriange and romance, than give us more DRM-like content.

🥶

Edited by Samnang.1879
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Housing is something that will not be worthwhile for new players, simply not a strong bullet point to attract players with a new expansion.  Its a waste of dev resources that needs to be focused on making proper story and game content, over meaningless fluff content.   Gw2 is an action roleplaying game at its core.

Will a new raid attract new players?  No.  Will a new Living Story?  No.

Will housing?  Eh, probably not.  Will it keep players?  Ah, maybe.  Will it make money for ANet?  Sure.  I can see the store aflush with stuff to stick in a house.

Is it a resource that ANet wants to spend money on?  Maybe.  In the beginning, it will cost a lot.  But once the infrastructure is there, continuing to support housing with new trinkets will be a whole lot cheaper than designing a new raid.

1 hour ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Considering GW2 already suffers from poor advertising, this would help doom it to mediocrity if End of Dragons does not present major features beside housing.

No one is asking for housing to be the main selling point of Dragons.  Just something else to add to it.

And going back to your question about new players: Maybe.  After all, GW2 is B2P.  Maybe a no-sub game with housing is something that will bring at least a few in.  Certainly housing is a subject at ESO, and that is B2P (albeit with a predatory cash shop).  And housing is quite the rage in FF14, despite it being poorly implemented.

So yeah, housing is indeed interesting to quite a lot of people.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Samnang.1879 said:

Have a read through this thread, and you'll find those who enjoy DRM.

And don't say I'm trolling or whatever when you have nothing to say back.

Might want to look up hyperbole....anyway I'm also seeing a LOT of people that are vocal of their dislike of Dragon Repetition Missions.  Doesn't seem like there's a particularly large number of people saying "DRM is so fun and interesting" as you previously put it.

Also, point to where I accused you of trolling.  Where did I use that word in regards to you?

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107

4 hours ago, Faline.8795 said:

Will a new raid attract new players?  No.  Will a new Living Story?  No.

Will housing?  Eh, probably not.  Will it keep players?  Ah, maybe.  Will it make money for ANet?  Sure.  I can see the store aflush with stuff to stick in a house.

Is it a resource that ANet wants to spend money on?  Maybe.  In the beginning, it will cost a lot.  But once the infrastructure is there, continuing to support housing with new trinkets will be a whole lot cheaper than designing a new raid.

No one is asking for housing to be the main selling point of Dragons.  Just something else to add to it.

And going back to your question about new players: Maybe.  After all, GW2 is B2P.  Maybe a no-sub game with housing is something that will bring at least a few in.  Certainly housing is a subject at ESO, and that is B2P (albeit with a predatory cash shop).  And housing is quite the rage in FF14, despite it being poorly implemented.

So yeah, housing is indeed interesting to quite a lot of people.

Living story does draw a lot of people.   Traditional living story, not the DRM trash we have currently had.

Raids is for a limited segment of people, and theres already signs that anet is abandoning them. Which is good, they should focus on making an expansion to our beloved arpg which no useless additions that only caters to a small minority.    The DRM mess shows they have limited resources, and why I am adamantly against wasting resources on such a superflous thing as housing and why it should never be implemented.

Edited by LucianDK.8615

On 5/2/2021 at 12:25 PM, Scoobaniec.9561 said:

And popularity is nowhere close to Valheim either 😁

Its the same bs as it was with the mounts for years until they actually released it and now everyone be like "mount... good". Nobody said you cant attach some buffs to house instances either so theres your player power. At least very least housing should be done like in PoE.

They can even get money off it same way PoE does by selling special waypoint skins and map skins in the game. Endless possibilities.for them to make money off it.

Current "home instances" do not cut it. I cant choose where i want to place the stuff nor how environment look like or what npcs i got there. And for example charr instance looks like a utter joke for a home instance

Tbh the reasons why people where against mounts where pretty valid, it just happens that anet made mounts super unique in a way nobody expected. That didn't make the arguments against mounts bs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/4/2021 at 1:04 PM, Fire Attunement.9835 said:

Everyone, talk about game features you'd like to see is fine. Attacking someone because they enjoy a game differently from you is not. The topic can continue, but please remember that this should be a conversation and not an attempt to defeat other people's ideas.

Cool, is the report function not working cuz I’m still seeing these ‘attacks’ in this thread...

6 minutes ago, Tseison.4659 said:

Cool, is the report function not working cuz I’m still seeing these ‘attacks’ in this thread...

To be fair some might be able to see the intent behind the words and shrug of the insults instead of reporting them.

• Haha 1

I'd be curious to hear ANet's reasoning behind not providing housing, given it is so popular in other games.

Sure, not everyone would use housing.  In the same way that not everyone Raids. And not everyone does glamour.

But I think enough people would to justify the cost.  Especially given the Shop potential.

• 2 weeks later...

Become one with reality so your character can be anywhere at anytime though sheer will. Teleporting around maps will no longer be a skill exclusive to bots. Your character will achieve mastery of this through meditation as various locations around the world and some other relevant stereotypical Asian mumbo jumbo as befit the Canthan setting.

That or we ride around on giant turtles to get around ... slower? O_o

• Thanks 1

housing of course

I would like neighborhoods with lots of players on the shing jea island or in the heart of the kuzick forest, it could be nice

Or maybe an original system with personalized boats.

Edited by radda.8920

companion's ??? command structure for regular npc's? alliance's? legacy lore story or that of the jade effect caused by shiro? who knows I'm hoping to see new classes such as the ritualist's or that of the assassin profession possibly returning that would be wicked fun lol we might get to go the realm of torment who knows i'm just speculating  at this point hopefully well get answers soon.

Not from gw1 not exactly sure what a companion means, but I wish companion in gw2 would be a thing.

Like, aside from the normal "Commander" characters, expand our accounts with companion character slots. Allow us to create, train, and gear our companions. Even better if the companions are of the lesser races of Tyria, such as skritt, hylek, quaggan, etc.

Some bonus QoL stuff would be like your companion spontaneously harvest nodes within ~900 range in radius.

edit: you know, we create the companion, and they have their starter zones and story line that ultimately ends up meeting the commander oooooooo i'd LOVE IT!

edit 2: nah i know, not gonna happen

Edited by Raffrey.5271
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

I don't believe it's a realistic possibility, but well, if we start with dreams... A new profession, like for example the Cantha ritualist from GW1 or the assassin from GW1. Both professions had been added with Cantha back those times. The assassin was so great, with this concept of skills in chain that I have never seen anywhere since then.. And the ritualist with the ghosts... sigh... 😑