EoD Main Features look like they were done in a week......

ANet just doesn't seem to be able to deliver a proper expansion this time....which is a huge disappointment considering PoF was one of the best MMO expansions I've ever played.

A lot of us held out hope, thinking that fishing would have some real depth to it as mounts did, what we got was a mini-game where you press left and right that I've seen flash games program in a day.......

Skiff's, turned out to be exactly what we were afraid of....just a multi person skimmer that you can stand on....this is literally a reskins.

They didn't even do proper animations for any of this. Watching them fish, their character models are having sharp spasms that look like they have a seizure. Further, getting into your skiff, or moving seats, has no animations at all. You just pop into a seat and just teleport from seat to seat.....do they not have any animators on their team?

Watching the streamers desperately try to make these basic features from 1999 look engaging or interesting was hard to see after the fantastic PoF reveal we got four years ago.

There is so much that this expansion could bring to help this game push from 10-12 at its current population into the Top 5.....

-Housing

-WvW expansion

-No downed state in PvP to help the Esport Scene revive

-Permanent 2v2 and 3v3 Arena brackets for the same as above.

-A new class

-A new race

-Some form of vertical progressions. We saw this Agony resistance and fractals, but tons of us have been capped out there for some time. Could use a new form. (Legendary gear should be 5-10% stronger stat wise and ascended)

Now....does everyone care and want ALL of the above? No, of course not, these are things I would prioritize. But I think we can all agree that these would appeal to more people and would help the game more than, flash game fishing, which will be over and done for 99% of players after a week. And that small percentage that go for every fish achievement....what will that take, a month?

This expansions needs some REAL features to keep people playing after they finish the story and have gone through the new zones, because as of right now all we have are the Elite Specializations....it's the only feature of this expansion so far...and it's not enough.

As I said before....EoD seems like a $30 DLC patch, not an expansion.

Edited by Luclinraider.2317
Because I was playing PoE while writing this and clearly wires were crossed lol.
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 37
  • Sad 1

I expected little, basically just a fishing mini-game with some flair. We got a fishing mini-game with no flair. I was basically expecting nothing and still got disappointed, so I am riding the same skiff as you right now, though GW2 isn't doing as poorly as people think, it is still one of the highest played MMORPGs currently, if you don't include classic versions, GW2 is in the top five which isn't too bad, and overall the game is rather fun. They just have some...questionable ways to promote the game. Seriously, have you seen the fishing trailer? I showed it to my friends and they thought it was a late April Fool's joke or a fanmade thing made by some disgruntled player as a joke.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

PoE.... you mean EOD? The only feature you are asking for I can get behind is housing. Through, even that, they could just do scribe 500 and add racial decorations / learning them in a journey like chef 500 I would be more than pleased. We are in SEPTEMBER, the expansion in 5 months, they have time to polish things. Nice additions even if fishing could have been just a gemstore gizmo. Very excited for boat still.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

how many threads are you going to start with basically the same topic regarding an incomplete product of which you only have seen glimpses yet? Go play your proposed game of 1999 then if you are that unhappy. Nope, I am not a fanboy, actually, I have given up on the game over a year ago, I just dislike m... certain types of people.

Edited by Algreg.3629
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

-Some form of vertical progressions. We saw this Agony resistance and fractals, but tons of us have been capped out there for some time. Could use a new form. (Legendary gear should be 5-10% stronger stat wise and ascended)

No, legendary gear shouldn't be stronger than ascended. Maybe you want this game to become another game in which players with the best gear are looking down on the ones with a lower tier, but many of us don't. It's not bad enough that many people can't even do the whole game content because of elitism, now you want that elitism to go even further. You want this game to become like other games where top geared players don't even bother talking to lower geared players because they think they're more special?

Sure, let's make this game another player ego boosting game, it's not like we don't have enough of them already, right?

• Like 25
  • Thanks 11
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

PoE stands for Path of End of Dragons, obviously. 

Since all classes have been revealed/teased except for the Medium armor classes, the best feature they could drop is revealing all three of them in their big new line of Canthan shirt armor that has no coats or buttcapes. That would sell the hell out of the Xpan for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

ANet just doesn't seem to be able to deliver a proper expansion this time....which is a huge disappointment considering PoF was one of the best MMO expansions I've ever played.

A lot of us held out hope, thinking that fishing would have some real depth to it as mounts did, what we got was a mini-game where you press left and right that I've seen flash games program in a day.......

Skiff's, turned out to be exactly what we were afraid of....just a multi person skimmer that you can stand on....this is literally a reskins.

They didn't even do proper animations for any of this. Watching them fish, their character models are having sharp spasms that look like they have a seizure. Further, getting into your skiff, or moving seats, has no animations at all. You just pop into a seat and just teleport from seat to seat.....do they not have any animators on their team?

Watching the streamers desperately try to make these basic features from 1999 look engaging or interesting was hard to see after the fantastic PoF reveal we got four years ago.

There is so much that this expansion could bring to help this game push from 10-12 at its current population into the Top 5.....

-Housing

-WvW expansion

-A new class

-A new race

Now....does everyone care and want ALL of the above? No, of course not, these are things I would prioritize. But I think we can all agree that these would appeal to more people and would help the game more than, flash game fishing, which will be over and done for 99% of players after a week. And that small percentage that go for every fish achievement....what will that take, a month?

This expansions needs some REAL features to keep people playing after they finish the story and have gone through the new zones, because as of right now all we have are the Elite Specializations....it's the only feature of this expansion so far...and it's not enough.

As I said before....EoF seems like a $30 DLC patch, not an expansion.

This is the reason why they stated very clearly that things aren't finished and explained in extremely clear terms what they mean by the term not finished.

How is it that you don't understand this?

Housing is a game called The Sims that I don't care to play.

Downed state is one of the few tactical-level decisions that separate good players from "eh..." players.

Vertical progression goes against the core game design.  It also would lose a huge market segment. It is never a good idea for a company to do a 180 on the very differentiation strategy that brought them success.

It does have real features like the other expansions do.  I'm not aware of any unreal features in the game.  Identify the features that exist in the game that don't exist.

We don't all agree to your personal opinions.    Be careful when making absolute statements.

EoD seems like an expansion.  A reasonable person would understand that the expansion isn't finished, that they were showing unfinished features, and that most features aren't known to the players.

Again, this right here is the reason why they had to explain so very clearly in simple and direct terms that the features are still being worked on.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

-Housing

-WvW expansion

-A new class

-A new race

As I said before....EoF seems like a $30 DLC patch, not an expansion.

(O.O I would want none of your suggestions...it's like all the worst suggestion threads somehow welded together...all that was missing is the call for a sub fee or landspears... I think the 2v2, 3v3 Arenas would be ok, very much even, but the rest. No, hard no. read up on it in the forums search function.)

But that out of the way. Yes, neither fishing nor Skiffs look very interestinig. They seem like a RP feature or a minigame they would do for a festival or a new map and I would have wished more. Can't say I expected more, since I never really trusted in the whole "fishing will wow me as did mounts"-thing, but still I had a glimmer of hope. Maybe the final version will be better.

Also, don't give them to much hate for things like animations and "looks", those can and probably will be fixed. But the basics of one of your main features should wow your audience and fishing definitely didn't wow me. Skiffs look ok, but I don't see the appeal in a world wherre we have mounts. Sure, again, as a RP-thing to use with your guildies, or even as a group just in it for the effiency and the AP, it might work. But for me, it doesn't seem like much.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Doggie.3184 said:

PoE stands for Path of End of Dragons, obviously. 

Since all classes have been revealed/teased except for the Medium armor classes, the best feature they could drop is revealing all three of them in their big new line of Canthan shirt armor that has no coats or buttcapes. That would sell the hell out of the Xpan for me.

That was obvious to you. At the end he changed it to EoF. What dat one mean

• Like 1

• Luclinraider.2317 changed the title to EoD Main Features look like they were done in a week......
3 hours ago, Algreg.3629 said:

how many threads are you going to start with basically the same topic regarding an incomplete product of which you only have seen glimpses yet? Go play your proposed game of 1999 then if you are that unhappy. Nope, I am not a fanboy, actually, I have given up on the game over a year ago, I just dislike m... certain types of people.

And there's the difference, you've given up and quit.

Some of us are still hoping to get the best out of GW2 and still enjoy playing it.

I don't understand people who see criticism as "You must HATE the game, go play something else".

Quite the opposite really.....

• Like 9
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Imba.9451 said:

To be fair, not every expansion needs a big new feature imho. I am fine with a good campain, interesting maps and fun bosses.

Hyping up skiffs and fishing like they were a game changing expansion though is pretty sad. It`s a little something, nothing more.

That's also a valid poin to make. I'm buying the expacs for the story, the maps and the elite specs. The rest is just added bonus. This time, the bonus just doesn't wow me as I wished it to, or maybe as HoT and PoF had made me expect. Oh well, there's still more elites to be revealed, the siege turtle might still be fun for me and maybe there's even more to come, who knows.

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

My main concern are new specs so far. I'm utterly disappointed by HB on almost every level, down to pathetic lack/reuse of animations. WB didn't manage to pick my interest in guards from the floor. And while Virtuoso does look cool, skimming through their forums also shows number of problems with it. The main theme of all 3 seems to be complete lack of originality, all 3 being "more of the same" for respective classes, with highlights of " but it can do 40k+ DPS".

I really hope next classes will be more interesting, and those 3 we've already seen will get MUCH more polish.

Edited by Wintermute.5408
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

22 hours ago, Luclinraider.2317 said:

As I said before....EoD seems like a $30 DLC patch, not an expansion.

You need to google what words "patch' and "expansion" mean, because you still don't seem to understand the difference.

-Housing

How is this "expansion worthy" if what we're getting isn't?

So... "no downstate in pvp" is somehow supposed to be "expansion worthy"? And you think no downstate will suddenly make this an esport giant? Nothing about that is true.

So these modes being permanent are somehow supposed to be "expansion worthy"?

-A new class

9 new especs > 1 new class.

-A new race

...is supposed to be "expansion worthy" how exactly? It brings nothing new in regards of gameplay. It's a reskin, which is already less than fishing OR skiffs separately, lol.

(Legendary gear should be 5-10% stronger stat wise and ascended)

No, it absolutely shouldn't. All it would do is just passively make long-term players even stronger on top of simply being more knowledgable than new players. This is the long term goal that people can choose not to follow BECAUSE they don't lose power by not getting it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

I agree with all OP's points except for housing and vertical progression.

We already have 3 (+ 1 soon) Guild Halls which to me is as good as or even better than housing. And yet, in a max guild of say around 300-450 members, and I have gone through many max level guilds, only a few, yes a few out of hundreds, are interested to check out the decorations or occasionally hang out in GH. Many didn't even step foot into it. Housing? The interest level could be much worse than fishing.

Vertical progression? I don't know if you were around when ANet decided to go vertical progression with ascended. There was a storm in the old forum where for months, every day we see angry players with pitch forks who are against the change. But being ANet, they went ahead anyway. The game lost a huge and i mean huge chunk of players like mote than 40% of the player base then. Ok no one will have the official stats (do yo think ANet will give us?). The numbers are based on my friends list and guild active population. My guild went dead for weeks and never fully recovered till this day, and my RL friends myself included, stopped playing and eventually we all quit totally in less than a month, although not all at the same time. There were 6 of us when we started and two years later I am the only one that came back.

I hoped ANet learnt their lessons. If history is going to repeat itself and based on the current mood of many players, it will be EoGW for all, not EoD.

Edited by Mil.3562
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

As expected it's pitiful, spam F in the water like I said for weeks

And there are some here who have spent their time defending this feature..... are you happy , more epic than raid and fractal as you can see 😆

shing jea is ugly, it's sad.

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

I laugh at people hoping for " A new class" and "Vertical progression"
Apparently they don't consider elite spec as new class, which got me  wonder how are they gonna add a new class without making it feel like an espec
Vertical progression? People wanting this mmo to be like other mmo thinking that will save the mmo (remember ascended release?)

Also Housing? At this point you just want things that suit you and not everyone else because apparently fishing is bad but housing is ok, to whom? You and only you

And another thing, you still don't understand what an expansion is.

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, radda.8920 said:

And there are some here who have spent their time defending this feature..... are you happy , more epic than raid and fractal as you can see 😆

And there will be people who continue spenting their time to defend this in the future.

Because spamming F in the water is exactly the thing they wanted to do for years in this game.

If you don't like fishing it's fine.

I am no fan of it as well, no matter in which game.

But EoD is more than simple fishing.

Wait for the siege turtle, wait for the elite specs, wait for the other maps (maybe they are more beautiful as shing yea), wait for the 2 unknown masterys, wait for the Story, wait for the reworked strike missions (hard Story bosses for 10 member, just like raids in ff14), wait for the replayability of the metas and the rewards.

Edited by Keymaster.7362
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

32 minutes ago, Keymaster.7362 said:

Wait for the siege turtle, wait for the elite specs, wait for the other maps (maybe they are more beautiful as shing yea), wait for the 2 unknown masterys, wait for the Story, wait for the reworked strike missions (hard Story bosses for 10 member, just like raids in ff14), wait for the replayability of the metas and the rewards.

it's very very bad next to HOT

Sacrifice the saga, jormag and primordius for that ... excuse me but it seems hard to understand

cantha deserves a hundred times better content ...

Edited by radda.8920
  • Like 5
  • Confused 8