Seriously, it's time to hand us the Skyscale

Blizzard straight up ripped the Skyscale and is going to make 10x more than ANet because it's a selling point of their expansion. Meanwhile, ANet makes it a tedious side quest that forces us to minimize the game 100 times in order to use guides that also link to other guides (e.g., Runestone 'puzzle'). That is not good design.

But people will keep defending it, because they got theirs. I get it, you worked hard, so you're obviously going to think that others should too. You enjoy the reward, which makes you think the journey is worth it. That is flawed thinking. Enjoy keeping this MMORPG off the radar.

Edited by lezbefriends.7516
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 29
  • Confused 96
  • Sad 2

Did they make it harder from launch? I only recall currencies, charged crystals, and I think a puzzle?  It wasn't hard and I played catch with it.

I think I had it on week 2? I took my time but I already had crystals and some things were time gated back then. Also I was slightly short of currency and had to repeat some hearts.

Then I crafted and sold the food for months for big profit.

I recall taking longer to get the roller beetle.

Edited by SinisterSlay.6973
  • Like 20
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

Did they make it harder from launch? I only recall currencies, charged crystals, and I think a puzzle?  It wasn't hard and I played catch with it.

I think I had it on week 2? I took my time but I already had crystals and some things were time gated back then. Also I was slightly short of currency and had to repeat some hearts.

Then I crafted and sold the food for months for big profit.

I recall taking longer to get the roller beetle.

They, in fact, have made it easier. For me the grindiest part was getting all the zone currencies. You can now get those easily by doing the Return to Living World achievements.

Also, it was my understanding that their flying dragon is more like our griffon than the skyscale

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 5

clearly OP did not grew up in the era of either pay for guides or work it out yourself, or did easter egg hunts, just want a silver plate

let's shrink the scope then, even WoW's premium mounts are WAY worse to obtain than GW2, first it takes hundreds of runs, then you gotta compete with x number of other people for a random dice roll; it took my friend 7 years to get her Ashes of Al'ar

can you call a game a game if all the premium items are just given to you?

Edited by crepuscular.9047
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Blizzard straight up ripped the Skyscale and is going to make 10x more than ANet because it's a selling point of their expansion. Meanwhile, ANet makes it a tedious side quest that forces us to minimize the game 100 times in order to use guides that also link to other guides (e.g., Runestone 'puzzle'). That is not good design.

But people will keep defending it, because they got theirs. I get it, you worked hard, so you're obviously going to think that others should too. You enjoy the reward, which makes you think the journey is worth it. That is flawed thinking. Enjoy keeping this MMORPG off the radar.

At least you only have to unlock the skyscale once.  Have fun farming exalted rep and all the other hoops Blizzard makes you jump through just to unlock something you already had access to previously.  You didn't really think they were going to give you full access to this stuff in the new expansion did you?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Trust me when I say this: a skyscale in WoW is not going to save the colossal disaster it has become. The game is so bad and grind based, and the worst thing is RNG gear.

(Even after the new announcement, killing a boss 20 times to upgrade an armor from normal to heroic quality, still not worth it.)

Edited by Aridon.8362
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

It was legit never hard to begin with, just took a lot of time, both because there was a massive list of things you had to do, and because there was an actual daily time gate. That said however, while there was a long list of things to cross off, none of them were actually hard. It was also significantly cheaper than its predecessor, the griffon.

Since the initial release they scaled back on the time gate to match the in-game day cycle instead of real life day cycle it originally was, and that cut down on a lot of the time required to obtain it.

The only thing that slows it down now is map currency gathering, but if you do that before starting on the skyscale you can breeze through it. Even if you still need to collect all the currency, if you do it seriously(map dailies, events, node farming), it shouldn't take you more than a week or two at most.

To be brutally honest, I think people like you look at a long achievement list and cry, "its too hard", and then give up without even trying. Just because another game gives things away for free doesn't mean we shouldn't earn it in this one. Because of that, I can ride my skyscale with pride. 

Edited by OtakuModeEngage.8679
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Give the skyscale for free, lock the mastery track behind the grind. Maybe make the skyscale slightly more useful without the masteries, but don't overdo it.

No. There is no need to change anything about the skyscale. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, White Kitsunee.4620 said:

Is this what you really think?

Core is what's keeping the game off the radar.

cores problem is, that it is a dead end. if you want to see how a bad mmo performs, look at the slew of failures

like bless and new world.

core has always been populated. and if core was bad, then there wouldnt had been any expansions at all.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Blizzard straight up ripped the Skyscale and is going to make 10x more than ANet because it's a selling point of their expansion.

Didn’t they “copy” the griffon? The dragons from the new WoW expansion seem to work like griffons from GW2 with their dive ability. 

• Like 7

The entitlement of people is baffling. I also thought the steps was a bit overkill when it first released due to the time gating, but once they fixed that it was perfectly ok. I use my Skyscale almost exlusively together with my Roller Beetle. The requirements are perfectly reasonable for the improvement in movement you get. Together with the gen 2 leg weapons they do make the game more engaging.

• Like 12