Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons Discussion Thread: Skiffs and Fishing [Merged]

1.  Can you guys give us a way to tether skiffs together?

2. Go deep on fishing; we need crafted lures, hooks, and rods etc.  Oh and rods shouldn't take the weapon slot.  They are harvesting tools.  We need our weapons to fight off the occasional sea monster we pull up, yes?

18 minutes ago, nopoet.2960 said:

1.  Can you guys give us a way to tether skiffs together?

2. Go deep on fishing; we need crafted lures, hooks, and rods etc.  Oh and rods shouldn't take the weapon slot.  They are harvesting tools.  We need our weapons to fight off the occasional sea monster we pull up, yes?

Get ready to stock up on fishing rods then or buy and unbreakable one from the gemstore since that is how all harvesting tools work.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I quite enjoyed fishing in some games. like one game had tournaments with cool prizes, another had a cast and reel system that was pretty awesome you had to fight the fish like real fishing lol. Oh forget to mention you could fish up non fish also, old leather boots sometimes valuable loot, so fishing wasnt totally boring.

Edited by Zuldari.3940
  • Like 4

All these complaints that are copied and paste...lol. At least be constructive. At this point everything people complain at is ridiculous. FFXIV literally added "SWIMMING" and people were like WOW and y'all over here crying for more. GW2 gave you FFXIV expansion stuff in the base game. At least be constructive, if you have time to complain at least give them an ideas.

Edited by Veka.8710
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Metaljaw.6437 said:

. . . I'll do it in real life, not an MMO.

'nuff said.

I can't, I am veg and I love all animals. I can only do fishing in game. I remember when I used to go fishing with my dad and I am super happy to share the same feelings on fishing as the dev who has been interviewed in the reveal stream and who worked on it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Metaljaw.6437 said:

'nuff said.

If I want to cook food... I'll do it in real life, not a MMO. 

'nuff said.

If I want to ride a mount (car, horseback, etc)... I'll do it in real life, not a MMO.

'nuff said.

If I want to earn money... I'll do it in real life, not a MMO.

'nuff said.

If I want to send my friends mail... I'll do it in real...

😞 😞 😞 😞 😞

• Haha 11

13 minutes ago, Doomfrost.5728 said:

If I want to cook food... I'll do it in real life, not a MMO. 

'nuff said.

If I want to ride a mount (car, horseback, etc)... I'll do it in real life, not a MMO.

'nuff said.

If I want to earn money... I'll do it in real life, not a MMO.

'nuff said.

If I want to send my friends mail... I'll do it in real...

😞 😞 😞 😞 😞

Seriously, fishing might be the least controversial thing they announced, and all this guy can do is kvetch about it.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Endilbiach.4132 said:

Seriously, fishing might be the least controversial thing they announced, and all this guy can do is kvetch about it.

It's also, as an apparently expansion-defining thing, one of the most underwhelming.

Like the skiff and coop mount; nothing wrong with them, but basically fun, 5-minute gimmicks.

I guess some people were expecting a game-changing experience for the expansion, like gliding, or mounts.

Not fishing.

I actually found the livesteam pretty cringy.

Shame.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

maybe you geniuses should look what GW2 is, an MMORPG, I repeat MMM MMMM OOOO RRR PEEE GEEE, yet for 5 years of playing I have never felt the RP part in this game. Why do you think mmorpg likes Runescape and Albion Online have dedicated RP skills?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Personality Anyone remember this?

They have released 2 expacs that don't have any RP yet this one does and this is how you react! Beside, look how they implemented mount, I'm hoping they will make me give a kitten about fishing.

10 hours ago, Metaljaw.6437 said:

'nuff said.

I agree. Can you imagine what this will be like.

Cast

Pray to the RNG-Gods

Nuthin'

Cast again

Repeat...for hours

Meanwhile, the guy beside you casts three times, catches 40 fish, 2 precursors, and a chest of gold.

Yeah, just what this game needs...more RNG fun

• Confused 1