The Mechanist - new engineer EoD elite spec

Jijimuge.4675

42 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Looks like it might be fun.

The one downside I see at the moment is that golem design is very specific, and won't really fit my engies look.

The same problem as the bladesworn then? Anet really should think about spec mechanics skins .... they could be even sold over the shop 😁

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Gomes.5643 said:

The same problem as the bladesworn then? Anet really should think about spec mechanics skins .... they could be even sold over the shop 😁

Indeed!

Unfortunately this got lumped into the massive "Elite Specialization" feedback thread, where discussion topics are sent to die.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 4

So can you have the Asura mech suit Racial out and this Golem at the same time?  :D

This spec and thief are the only Elite specs that look like they had any thought of how they would fit together with the other specs within the profession.  

Golemancer at least brings a different playstyle to Engineer.  I really hope that mace is condi though... enough with Power specs already.

We will see how the AI goes... I am not holding my breath.  

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Psykewne.3025 said:

Engineer just won EoD, gg no re, all Engineer raid/fractal groups now!

Like all the other pet/minion specs in endgame pve? Oh wait there arent any?
Anet showed often enough that they cant do proper ai specs. Why do so many people here believe it will be different this time? It will feel unresponsive, it will miss moving targets and get stuck on small pebbles on ground. Even have pathing issues to get exploited by players jumping on small rocks.

It sure will be an ok open world spec but everything goes in open world. Well tbf open world content and bad story is everything we get with eod anyways.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Mainhand Mace, at last!

This is the only EoD preview trailer, where I would really like to test the stuff right now. Really like the idea with the multi-purpose traitline options. Scrapper is already a blast right now, after a very long time-period of balancing and reworking. If the traits of the Mechanist can compete with the Scrapper, we are in for some fun. I'll probably build separate Engineer for this one, so I can switch through multiple builds inside the same profession. 

I really hope they made it less restricted than the Holosmith, so we can use other weapons without suffering from any side-effects. In addition, I'm curious if we can get a condition-build running. It looks like it is power-based, but if the traits are not too restrictive, we may have a chance this time.

Looking forward to the beta week. ^^

31 minutes ago, Vagrant.7206 said:

The Mechanist huh?

Seriously though, not surprised given the leaks. There are a number of different concerns I have, but honestly it will come down to execution if I like it. The only thing that might annoy me outside of execution is if you're stuck with one skin for the kitten thing, like the kit skins. I don't like the way it looks.

It's incredibly ugly. If they're going to straight up kitten us with yet another awful AI, the least they could do is give us a choice of them. Ranger at least gets that.

Well, now that scrapper no longer has AI to worry about and is actually good now, looks like my engi will spend the next 3-5 years on that.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Funny ... Rangers QQ about AI on pets, Engineers can't wait to get theirs. 

Saying that only a part of the engineers can't wait to get theirs would probably be more accurate. There are many engineer that are disappointed with the prospect of getting an AI spec.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

It sure will be an ok open world spec but everything goes in open world. Well tbf open world content and bad story is everything we get with eod anyways.

Yeah it will probably be ok for solo roaming in PvE. The chill gameplay where you do some random event in the core maps.

Just now, Dadnir.5038 said:

Saying that only a part of the engineers can't wait to get theirs would probably be more accurate. There are many engineer that are disappointed with the prospect of getting an AI spec.

Yeah more fair and true. I was just being cheeky, though I am surprised how it appears this is welcomed. The spec seems ripe for PVE. Questionable competitive mode ... but then again, Engi class don't suffer from ineffective competitive mode builds anyways. 

• Like 1

Hey, you guys didn't get a crappy OH weapon!

Ngl, though that is a sick looking mech, and it can be ranged so it won't be Zerg fodder (unless it's skills root it that is).

Signet aren't too bad. I guess Toolbelt is gone completely, but anything that is 'Toolbelt' related affects the Mech skills instead. Guess that would solve any Grenade Barrage Mechanist builds before they become problems.

• Like 2

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

Yeah more fair and true. I was just being cheeky, though I am surprised how it appears this is welcomed. The spec seems ripe for PVE. Questionable competitive mode ... but then again, Engi class don't suffer from ineffective competitive mode builds anyways. 

Pets/AI have never been known for being especially competitive in PvE group content. Personally I think it might fare "okish" in small scale PvP and solo open world content (a large part of the game but not really the most exciting part). From my point of view it's as much of a disappointment than "untamed" is.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Flaming.4250 said:

1) How many Asur Enginers are we going to see beta test this?

all at the tiniest height possible.

3 minutes ago, Flaming.4250 said:

2)Why do I have the sinking feeling that this is going to be like the Catalyst as it is now? i.e. A horid mess that does not gel well together.

We'll see. Cant top Bladesworn's ineptitude in competitive play though.

• Haha 1